PDA

View Full Version : B-Max horsepower loss?

Robbie Racer
08-09-2002, 03:58 PM
Anybody have any idea what kind of horsepower I'm losing with my B-Max? I hear that since the gears are huge, the horsepower loss may be twice what a Bravo 1 is but I haven't seen any data to support that.
On another issue. I just had a nose cone installed today and will see if that helps my prop slippage problem. Thanks, Keith

565edge
08-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Are you going to naciemento this weekend,wouldnt mind picking your brain a little about my set up,thanks. :p

Robbie Racer
08-09-2002, 04:43 PM
I'm going over to Discovery Bay on Saturday and driving down to lake San Antonio on Sunday morning. Why don't you meet me over there since it's pretty close to Naci????

Mn Howard Cat
08-11-2002, 08:22 PM
I started looking in to a B-Max last week I called the Bravo Shop and was talking to them about that he told me that a stock Bravo take about 30hp to turn it and a B-Max takes about 37hp. I would like to get one but I'm haveing a hard time giveing up the big bucks.
Is anyone out there runing one??? and how do you like it??? wink
Or should I wait for the new Imco to come out?

Robbie Racer
08-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I will gladly give up the extra 7 hp for the additional reliability if 7 hp is all that I give up. I have had pretty good luck with mine. I have 105 hours on it now and the only problem was that I broke a prop shaft around 90 hours or so. The Bravo Shop would not replace the prop shaft under warranty because I have 1160 hp and they said they would only warranty it up to 850 hp. Good luck with your decision.

GONE2RIVER
09-16-2002, 10:35 AM
I have a B-max on my 257 and I was out at the lake one time when Eliminator was testing the B-max against the bravo. They ran the B-max and took it off and threw on a bravo. The bravo was approx. 4-6 mph faster than the B-max. (From memory. It was approx 6 months ago.) I am interested in the new Imco Extremes. I have broken by B-max twice and I am getting tired of breaking them. What a way to end a weekend, but I don't want to spend the $ for a six. I do not know what HP the B-max eats, but it was 4-6 mph slower than a Bravo. Hope that helps.