PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis Rally Info Page

hd&boatrider
11-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Thought I would post this as their are a few people thinking about doing this. I will be staying in Deadwood in a hotel room when I go next year. One of the wild places to stay is the Glencoe campground. Very, very, wild :) Makes the sandbar look like a kiddie park.....
Anyhow....as time moves forward we can try to arrange something but you can't wait till the last minute to make arrangements.
Here it is: http://www.sturgisrallynews.com/general/index.htm
By the way...here is a link to the hotels, info in Deadwood:
http://deadwood.south-dakota.hotels-in-the-usa.com/

CAHotRodBoy
11-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey, cool site.
Maybe we should start a sign up post!
Whos' going and where are they staying / or need a room.
I wonder if we do a big reservation we could get group rates?

hd&boatrider
11-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
Hey, cool site.
Maybe we should start a sign up post!
Whos' going and where are they staying / or need a room.
I wonder if we do a big reservation we could get group rates?
I don't know....I am not one to try to organize anything because too many people flake out. It would be cool to post here and we can revive it from time to time. I will be riding out apx August 5th and leaving Sturgis apx Aug 14th or so. I will be staying at one of the hotels in Deadwood. There are tons of bikes everywhere but the camp grounds will be just a place to visit...not stay at.
I am defintely going with at least a few friends so who else wants to go. Post in here.

hd&boatrider
12-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Just wanted to give a heads up to anybody that might be going to Sturgis next year. Some have expressed a desire to go to Sturgis so here is your chance. You won't regret it. The official dates are August 9th-August 15th, 2004. I will be heading out of S CA on apx 8-4-03 and be return on 8-16-03. We are getting rooms from 8-8-03 to 8-12-03 in Sturgis. We stay in whatever hotels on the way up and this includes a night in Reno for some fun and gambling.
I am making my reservations tomorrow for a hotel room. I do not know what place yet but I am shooting for a place in Deadwood. 2nd choice is in Leads. 3rd choice is in Spearfish and the 4th choice is in Rapid City. Here is a link to the hotels, campgrounds, etc around the Sturgis area: http://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com/lodging.html
If any of you want to ride out with me and a few friends make some reservations and comittments. It is a blast and you get to see the country the way it was meant to be seen. You have to make your reservations early--unless you want to camp out--to assure a room.
em me at twint64235@aol.com if you are seriously considering going.
Tom aka hd&boatrider

HammerDown
12-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Awsome trip...been there 5 times...SpearFish Canyon, The BadLands, Needles Hwy, WildLife Loop, Devils Tower, Bridal Falls, YellowStone...lets not mention the Hail storms:rolleyes:

hd&boatrider
12-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Awsome trip...been there 5 times...SpearFish Canyon, The BadLands, Needles Hwy, WildLife Loop, Devils Tower, Bridal Falls, YellowStone...lets not mention the Hail storms:rolleyes:
So....are you ready to go back? Just rounding up a few more people for the trip....

hd&boatrider
12-10-2003, 10:06 AM
I thought there were more people that might be interested in this. All the Harley talk and so forth by members and all. Oh well.....................

HammerDown
12-10-2003, 01:00 PM
For me to go out there again...I'd have to buy another RoadKing. Plenty of time to think that over...one never knows.
Sold the RK when I bought the Daytona...still have the HotRod Custon HD...but 300 + miles a day dont come easy on that thing!
Last time we camped...awsome, right off a lake on top of a Mountain:eek:
From the BadLands you could see the Black Mts a 100 miles away where we camped.

hd&boatrider
12-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
For me to go out there again...I'd have to buy another RoadKing. Plenty of time to think that over...one never knows.
Sold the RK when I bought the Daytona...still have the HotRod Custon HD...but 300 + miles a day dont come easy on that thing!
Last time we camped...awsome, right off a lake on top of a Mountain:eek:
From the BadLands you could see the Black Mts a 100 miles away where we camped.
I am not a touristy kind of guy. I remember standing over a ledge looking at the Badlands and saying to Nodigg and the other guy with us "OK, lets ride to the next place". Nodigg wanted to stop and do the tourist thing. Not for me. Riding the bike all over the place is where it is at for me. You know....Its the journey not the destination thing. Our last day was coming back was right at 1,000. miles. Pushed it hard coming back because my buddy wanted to make it back for his anniversery....lol

looky_lou
12-10-2003, 09:25 PM
I would love to go. I don't have a bike, but the party atmosphere sounds great.
Oh well, maybe someday:D

HammerDown
12-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I am not a touristy kind of guy. I remember standing over a ledge looking at the Badlands and saying to Nodigg and the other guy with us "OK, lets ride to the next place". Nodigg wanted to stop and do the tourist thing. Not for me.
No tourist here...but how can ya not go to a place like Needles Hwy, BadLands, devils Tower ect. and not be awed...I have to take the time to take it all in...Mother Nature at its finest, and for me...humbling.
Now about Main Street whether it's Daytona, Sturgis, or Lacona...I've had my stomach full of that.