PDA

View Full Version : bassett contest....?

Riverat84
03-22-2006, 08:05 PM
who else entered? i got into like 4 of the catagories...(it was in the magazine)....to the winner of each catagory goes a new set of bassett headers.....pretty cool huh?
-reid

victorfb
03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
did you win, or is the contest still going on? good luck.

blown428fe
03-23-2006, 06:17 AM
I always say I should, but never do. A new set of headers would have been mint.

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 09:58 AM
last day to enter is the 30th.

moneysucker
03-23-2006, 11:55 AM
WHat magazine? I don't know of any boating mags. I would love to have some nice shiney chrome blower headers. OOOOOH, Shineys...(Drool)

Devilman
03-23-2006, 12:08 PM
who else entered? i got into like 4 of the catagories...(it was in the magazine)....to the winner of each catagory goes a new set of bassett headers.....pretty cool huh?
-reid
What's the contest & categories?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-23-2006, 12:52 PM
I'll show everyone how to turn the headers dark blue the fastest :crossx: :crossx:

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 01:05 PM
What's the contest & categories?
haha..... alright. catagories are....hottest boat w/ bassetts, hottest jet, hottest v-drive, oldest boat, ugliest boat, most interesting/original paint job, and there's one more i thinnk but i dont remember...its got a half page ad in the mag

olbiezer
03-23-2006, 01:55 PM
my plane paint job cant win any of the paint job cats......its not all that fast so hottest cat is out.......it does have bassets on it though lol ....oh well at least it wont win the ugglist baot either yeaaaaa! too bad there is not a cleanest boat cat....i could compete there.......

Focker
03-23-2006, 02:05 PM
question
my bassett headers are 1991 models. Is it better to have them rechromed and coated or purchase new ones. Also are new ones coated? I noticed when you purchase new ones the water deliverysytem is included in the price

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
question
my bassett headers are 1991 models. Is it better to have them rechromed and coated or purchase new ones. Also are new ones coated? I noticed when you purchase new ones the water deliverysytem is included in the price
yep! thats why im excited....guys, the number 7 and 8 cylindars...the headers coming off have a (i think) small hole right above/next to the injector nipple from the lines.....is there any way to have them brazed or welded shut?.....i notice them leaking when i have the hose on going through the engine w/out the engine on....AND THE WATER VALVE TO THE HEADERS IS OFF! DOES THAT MEAN THE VALVE BY MY DRIVER'S SEAT ISNT WORKING???

Devilman
03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
yep! thats why im excited....guys, the number 7 and 8 cylindars...the headers coming off have a (i think) small hole right above/next to the injector nipple from the lines.....is there any way to have them brazed or welded shut?.....i notice them leaking when i have the hose on going through the engine w/out the engine on....AND THE WATER VALVE TO THE HEADERS IS OFF! DOES THAT MEAN THE VALVE BY MY DRIVER'S SEAT ISNT WORKING???
If I'm not mistaken, all Bassetts have those "weep" holes down there by injection port. So water doesn't just collect & sit there in the elbow. My Bassetts have those weep holes on all 8 tubes as well as anybody I've ever talked to. Sounds like you valve may not be functioning correctly. I've run water through mine w/out the engine running with the header valve shut. Only water came back out the overboard dump line.....

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, all Bassetts have those "weep" holes down there by injection port. So water doesn't just collect & sit there in the elbow. My Bassetts have those weep holes on all 8 tubes as well as anybody I've ever talked to. Sounds like you valve may not be functioning correctly. I've run water through mine w/out the engine running with the header valve shut. Only water came back out the overboard dump line.....
okay....that explains it! thanx alot devilman.....i guess those two primaries are the only ones i've noticed...im so relieved!...that valve on rexmar.com costs almost 70 bones though....focking sucks...anywhere i can get that nice block/ball valve cheaper? its only billet color, not anodized.

olbiezer
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
question
as i understand u can order them with the coating or can get old ones coated etc u can also order them without the plumbing if u all ready have it for a much better price.....

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 03:39 PM
shat! why dont you just win them!?!? haha just kidding.

NELSON#109
03-23-2006, 05:06 PM
WHat magazine? I don't know of any boating mags. I would love to have some nice shiney chrome blower headers. OOOOOH, Shineys...(Drool)
I CAN SPILL SOME FIRE ON THE BOW IF YOU WANT.... FLAMES ARE IN & THEYRE SHINEY.... BEAT IT.

Blown Away
03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
okay....that explains it! thanx alot devilman.....i guess those two primaries are the only ones i've noticed...im so relieved!...that valve on rexmar.com costs almost 70 bones though....focking sucks...anywhere i can get that nice block/ball valve cheaper? its only billet color, not anodized.Hey buddy, I am a bassett dealer if you need part for your t- valve I have them, there is a ball and spring in side the valve . The rebuild kit is about 14 bucks. Skagen boats 253-939-8733

Devilman
03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
okay....that explains it! thanx alot devilman.....i guess those two primaries are the only ones i've noticed...im so relieved!...that valve on rexmar.com costs almost 70 bones though....focking sucks...anywhere i can get that nice block/ball valve cheaper? its only billet color, not anodized.
Well, most, if not all, my plumbing is out of sight unless your just standing there with your face amongst the motor, so I don't mess with the the fancy stuff. The line that feeds my headers comes out of the Tstat housing, into a plain old brass ball valve, then runs into a Bassett T where it splits off to each header. Have had zero problems with that set up. The ball valve & fittings was free as I pilfered it from work, but I wouldn't think they cost too much, prolly can pick one up from a hardware or plumbing store. Only real reason I have the ball valve ahead of the T-valve, is peace of mind, in case I wanna shut off the exhaust water without having to rely on the Bassett T.... :cool:
As far as the weep/drain holes, don't close them up, they need to be there to let the headers drain after the engine is shut off. Save your headers from rusting from the inside in the long run...

Devilman
03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey buddy, I am a bassett dealer if you need part for your t- valve I have them, there is a ball and spring in side the valve . The rebuild kit is about 14 bucks. Skagen boats 253-939-8733
Well worth it too! If I would have known what was up with my T-valve when I bought my boat, 14 bucks for a new ball & spring would have saved a freshly built 429 instead of pumping it full of water.... :mad: Lessons learned huh? :cool:

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Well, most, if not all, my plumbing is out of sight unless your just standing there with your face amongst the motor, so I don't mess with the the fancy stuff. The line that feeds my headers comes out of the Tstat housing, into a plain old brass ball valve, then runs into a Bassett T where it splits off to each header. Have had zero problems with that set up. The ball valve & fittings was free as I pilfered it from work, but I wouldn't think they cost too much, prolly can pick one up from a hardware or plumbing store. Only real reason I have the ball valve ahead of the T-valve, is peace of mind, in case I wanna shut off the exhaust water without having to rely on the Bassett T.... :cool:
As far as the weep/drain holes, don't close them up, they need to be there to let the headers drain after the engine is shut off. Save your headers from rusting from the inside in the long run...
yeah i wasnt even thinking of doing that....i just wondered what the holes were for...thanx to you now i know. right on! haha....yeah i got that stupid old fancy square one thats all shiney...perhaps an old ball valve would work better for a 1.50 lol thanx for your info it helped...

Devilman
03-23-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah i wasnt even thinking of doing that....i just wondered what the holes were for...thanx to you now i know. right on! haha....yeah i got that stupid old fancy square one thats all shiney...perhaps an old ball valve would work better for a 1.50 lol thanx for your info it helped...
No problem, man. It's a learning experience all the time. I just work with what I got. :rollside: If I learn something & can pass it on to others down the road, cool. What I haven't learned on my own, I picked up from people here on the boards by asking questions. :cool: Been a pretty good source of information....

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 09:26 PM
No problem, man. It's a learning experience all the time. I just work with what I got. :rollside: If I learn something & can pass it on to others down the road, cool. What I haven't learned on my own, I picked up from people here on the boards by asking questions. :cool: Been a pretty good source of information....
oh for sure....thats all i've been doing, lol...you should check out the contest ad in the mag if you have it....and enter in some...the 30th is the dedline btw.