PDA

View Full Version : imco extreme or B-max(which is stronger?)

badbug
08-13-2002, 05:53 AM
want to get info on which drive is the strongest and best all around imco extreme or b-max

MKEELINE
08-13-2002, 08:52 AM
V-drive. How's the new motor.

Robbie Racer
08-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Hey badbug, why don't you ask both manufacturers what the maximum horsepower that they will warranty their drives for? The Bravo Shop told me that they wouldn't warranty a broken prop shaft on my B-Max because I had more than 850 hp. If IMCO will warranty their extreme drive for more hp than that, you might want to give it a try. Good luck with your decision.

Horsepowerchik
08-16-2002, 01:08 PM
A customer/good friend of mine has Imco Extreme Advntage on a 28 Cat w/ 1000HP Dyno'd. We have broken the drive almost everytime out...Vert Shaft, Shifting Forks...etc. Thats the bad part.
The good part...Fred at Imco, took the thing back everytime! It sucked that we kept breakin the thing, but since it was still a brand new dive, he took it back 3 times or so. The boat basically just needs a 6 Drive.
My Customers in NY, Florida, all run HARD in the ocean, and they swallow bravos up like water. Most of them either go w/ BMAX or 6 drive...depending on the boat.
Just some observations...Hope itt helps.
HPChik

M&D Cat
08-18-2002, 04:31 PM
Horsepowerchik:
A customer/good friend of mine has Imco Extreme Advntage on a 28 Cat w/ 1000HP Dyno'd. We have broken the drive almost everytime out...Vert Shaft, Shifting Forks...etc. Thats the bad part.
The good part...Fred at Imco, took the thing back everytime! It sucked that we kept breakin the thing, but since it was still a brand new dive, he took it back 3 times or so. The boat basically just needs a 6 Drive.
My Customers in NY, Florida, all run HARD in the ocean, and they swallow bravos up like water. Most of them either go w/ BMAX or 6 drive...depending on the boat.
Just some observations...Hope itt helps.
HPChikDid the 28 ft cat have the new extreme advantage SC with the straight cut gears or was it the older extreme drive. I havn't heard of people breaking the new SC drive. I would like to hear from people who have broken the B-max or the new IMCO drive. I have a broken teague drive on my 26ft Howard cat. I am trying to decide between a B-max and the Imco drive.

gnarley
08-19-2002, 08:30 AM
Robbie Racer
[QB]The Bravo Shop told me that they wouldn't warranty a broken prop shaft on my B-Max because I had more than 850 hp.[QB]I thought I might just post this little bit of info even though I don't think you would go this route but the OMC late model King Cobra drives were factory tested when being devloped with 1000 HP & handled it! As told to me by a shop in the midwest named (Pangbourne Marine), I may have the spelling wrong. They are now the most knowledgeable shop around about these drives from what I've heard. As they have said they are the best kept secret in outdrives & OMC didn't market them well & now that OMC is out of business parts would be harder to find I suspect, but they do take HP.