PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Shows Awesome Small Block Chevy V-8 at SEMA Show (sweet!)

MagicMtnDan
11-06-2003, 11:05 PM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/7479_image.jpg
Toyota's big news was the public unveiling of their new overhead valve, 358-cubic inch, iron-block, and carbureted V-8 race engine for use in NASCAR Craftsman Truck racing next year under Tundra pickup sheetmetal. The Toyota NASCAR V-8 is nothing short of spectacular with features both big league and little league racers have sought for decades. "It's the best looking small-block Chevy I've ever seen," at least one observer stated. Interestingly, while the Craftsman trucks run 390 cfm carburetors, much of the testing of this engine one source reported, has been done using a Winston Cup (er, Nextel Cup) spec 830 cfm carburetor. As parts come on line for this engine, Toyota plans to offer not only to Craftsman truck racers but also to competitors in virtually any other circle track series that will accept it. By the way, though the design work on the Toyota NASCAR engine was all done here in the United States by TRD, the block is cast in Japan. And the only stock Tundra component on the engine is the power steering pump.

MagicMtnDan
11-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Da ! MMD, what am I missing here? Small block "chevy"? I know it's late but I don't get it!
Rio
In the text it quotes an observer who says "it's the best looking small-block Chevy (he's) ever seen."
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :cool:

schiada96
11-07-2003, 06:05 AM
yeah but the dist is on the wrong end

HammerDown
11-07-2003, 06:47 AM
Neet looking intake manifold...still Jap though.:p

HOSS
11-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Hell yeah, another way to get the Big 3 to produce something.
By the way,,,I`m still loade4d from lqast night`s mud riding ordeal.

Ricardo Cabeza
11-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Can't take anything away from the fact that there's some pretty
fast Japanese car hardware out there.
But they still don't build an engine adequate to power our boats.

rivercrazy
11-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Not to take anything away from the big-3 domestics, but this motor is probably going to turn a few heads.

HCS
11-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Toyota's going to be in the NASCAR truck series. I'm sure Nissan
will be right behind with their V8.