PDA

View Full Version : We Need A Jet Boat Regatta!!!

n8dawg
03-22-2006, 08:35 PM
We need our own "just Jets" gathering. Who's down for getting together this summer. Maybe sometime in August, just putting it out there to see what everyone thinks. I'll be more than happy to take charge and put it together. What's going to be hard is picking a spot that everyone wants to meet up at.
Give me some feed back guys!
just an idea :idea: :idea: :idea:
Nate

RCB19
03-22-2006, 08:41 PM
There are several already planned for the upcomming summer. The power tours, FC5, and CBBB though none are exclusive to jets. Cool when you have some variety ya know??

Cas
03-22-2006, 08:41 PM
We've been talking about doing something in the Fresno area, Millerton or Shaver. That would be about halfway for a lot of us here in NorCal. Depending on the date in Aug, we may or may not be able to make it though.

Squirtin Thunder
03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
We've been talking about doing something in the Fresno area, Millerton or Shaver. That would be about halfway for a lot of us here in NorCal. Depending on the date in Aug, we may or may not be able to make it though.
Ming would be half way.
But really you NorCal folks need to come out to where the fast boats are. :cool:
Are there any set dates yet ???
The power tour
FC5 - May 6
CBBB

probablecause
03-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Only if you set up shop Jim and worked on my boat all weekend.

Scoobinator
03-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes a jet Boat Regatta would be cool but it needs to be in southern cali... Like the colorado river

n8dawg
03-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Ming would be half way.
But really you NorCal folks need to come out to where the fast boats are. :cool:
Are there any set dates yet ???
The power tour
FC5 - May 6
CBBB
I don't think it should be a fast boat thing, but at the same time we need a place to run 'em if we want.
The power tour
FC5
CBBB are all at the river. I know and have seen alot of nice jets out on some of the lakes around central california and here locally. It would be nice to have a change of scenery.
Anyways...more feedback guys! Thanks.
Nate

tahitijet
03-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Fresno works for me :)
however millerton is not noise or speed friendly and is loaded with lake lice during the day and sailboats in the evening. Shaver is usually on the cold side as is hunnington. Pine flat is nice. No real hassle for noise or speed and it's usually not over crowded.

Squirtin Thunder
03-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Only if you set up shop Jim and worked on my boat all weekend.
Just bring it out one weekend with a open check book.

n8dawg
03-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I have an idea for a lake but would like everyones input first.
Thanks
Nate

Cas
03-22-2006, 10:12 PM
My other thought is Naci, I've never been but have heard a few good things about it.
As far as Ming goes, I'd rather go someplace that has a lot better scenary. That place seems to be real good for the racers but I'm not into parking lot camping/rving. If I was, I could go stay in a Walmart parking lot for free.

Squirtin Thunder
03-22-2006, 10:24 PM
My other thought is Naci, I've never been but have heard a few good things about it.
As far as Ming goes, I'd rather go someplace that has a lot better scenary. That place seems to be real good for the racers but I'm not into parking lot camping/rving. If I was, I could go stay in a Walmart parking lot for free.
I thought they kicked you out of there ???

Cas
03-22-2006, 10:27 PM
that was K-mart

Focker
03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Naci Is Awesome

9er
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes a jet Boat Regatta would be cool but it needs to be in southern cali... Like the colorado river
I'm down with ya.

kmcousins
03-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Fresno works for me :)
however millerton is not noise or speed friendly and is loaded with lake lice during the day and sailboats in the evening. Shaver is usually on the cold side as is hunnington. Pine flat is nice. No real hassle for noise or speed and it's usually not over crowded.
I agree pine flat would be better

Keyser
03-23-2006, 07:02 AM
NACI!!!!! :cool:

h2oboy
03-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Keep us in AZ in mind when you make the choice... I am sure there area few of us that would think about a trip... I know if it was not too far I would consider it....

SHIFTY
03-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I ALREADY HAVE A COUPLE PINE FLATS TRIPS SET UP FOR THIS SUMMER, THAT PLACE IS AWESOME. HOUSEBOAT TRIP JULY 12th THRU 17th IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. BOOK THAT SHIT NOW, IT's GONNA BE LOCKED UP SOON...

Wicked Performance Boats
03-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Cas, What Walmart has a lake in the parking lot? I wanta stay there! Budlight

Oldsquirt
03-23-2006, 09:24 AM
You obviously missed the campground that is about 1 minute from the lake.

Sleek-Jet
03-23-2006, 09:34 AM
That would be a hell of an idea... http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com :idea: :idea:
Always a good time... :D :D :D

455Rocket
03-23-2006, 09:54 AM
How about Naciemento or Isabella?

Riverat84
03-23-2006, 10:00 AM
i know everybody hates bluewater, but right in front of it is a nice 3 foot deep sandbar great for a regatta....just my $.02......it is huge, and i think would be a great place....sick rock to jump off of also.

squrtchas?_son
03-23-2006, 10:09 AM
u know there are just so many river trips these days u know. i think a little variety would be nice but it has to be sumthin that boaters in az would be able to attend without the 200 dollars in gas thing. i was thinkin apache is a awsome lake usually u can run at wot every where u go but i heard they are planning to drain it this year. yeah but the river is a great place but it getys crowded and it can get a little rough but it is a great place run whaty u brung! well just throwin out my opinions.

Cas
03-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Cas, What Walmart has a lake in the parking lot? I wanta stay there! Budlight
really? then you ought to try Tower Park. It's not a lake but there's 1000's of miles of waterways. I'm not real fond of that one either but it suits the needs of many.
As far as seeing the Kern River Campground, yes, I've seen it. It's MY OPINION that I would rather go to a place with a lot better scenary.

Hotfish
03-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I think Apache Lake doesn't get drained until mid August

Sleek-Jet
03-23-2006, 10:35 AM
u know there are just so many river trips these days u know. i think a little variety would be nice but it has to be sumthin that boaters in az would be able to attend without the 200 dollars in gas thing. i was thinkin apache is a awsome lake usually u can run at wot every where u go but i heard they are planning to drain it this year. yeah but the river is a great place but it getys crowded and it can get a little rough but it is a great place run whaty u brung! well just throwin out my opinions.
The drive to Apache would scare most of the Cali peeps... :D

lilrick
03-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Kings river is my spot 4th of july and I'll be meeting nor cal folk there and arizonians. It's a smaller river but home of hot rod boating! Sanger is just a few miles from there. Great spot for camping and boating!

n8dawg
03-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah I was thinking of Naci or San Antonio myself. How's one of thoughs lakes for you northern folk?

Scoobinator
03-23-2006, 06:32 PM
That would be a hell of an idea... http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com :idea: :idea:
Always a good time... :D :D :D
Hell Yea I like That You should post that on hot boat

Brooski
03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
NACI
If everyone wanted to camp, we could maybe ask Darrells Bro about staying at his place. 10 acres waterfront. If enough boaters committed to the deal, maybe the resort would set up some kind of deal for us. Never hurts to ask. And the lake is FULL :rollside:

OneFastOne164
03-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Count me in, and I don't care where its at... just as long as there is enough beer and fuel,

desrtrat256
03-23-2006, 08:07 PM
count me in. where and when. anybody know the place or date for the power tour?

Psycho Squid
03-23-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm in,................... :D Divorced Hava-Squid is in..............Oh oh yea!! Hava-Squid will trave!!! :idea:
Squid....

Psycho Squid
03-23-2006, 08:25 PM
count me in. where and when. anybody know the place or date for the power tour?Where-ever I'm at........I will show you the way............There expecting me....I mean us... :cool:
Hava-good night.....................
Squid... :)

Cas
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Nate,
Just a couple of suggestions-
Don't name it a regatta, you may be required to get insurance to cover the outing.
Actually, make it a camping trip - boats not required and don't plan anything on the water.
If you want to get a little more info, give me a call. I think Michelle still has my number.

Squirtin Thunder
03-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Kings river is my spot 4th of july and I'll be meeting nor cal folk there and arizonians. It's a smaller river but home of hot rod boating! Sanger is just a few miles from there. Great spot for camping and boating!
I have been there cool place !!!

Wicked Performance Boats
03-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Ok, Where's Kings River?

Triton
03-24-2006, 05:15 AM
Im in for "NACI" :cool:

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
NACI IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does the first weekend in august work for everybody? Hope to see alot of the northern cali crowd come down for this, since Michelle and I will be making the road trip up there to Tower Park.
Thanks for the info Steve, yeah just a group of jet boats getting together for a weekend. I have your number and will be calling you about Tower Park.
Thanks
Nate

roostwear
03-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Might be a conflict with CBBB, but since the date isn't finalized, don't know. It'll be a whole lot less crowded on Naci, though.....

beerjet
03-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Just out of curiousity , what's wrong with big river? Seems like a perfect candidate for a "jet boat camping trip"
-beerjet-

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Nothings wrong with big river. Just trying to get some of you river folk onto some of these nice lakes that california has to offer. :cool:
Naci is just as laid back as the river, (my opinion) with the law. It's really nice on an off weekend! Just a little change of scenery for everyone. :)

NautiTwins
03-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Nothings wrong with big river. Just trying to get some of you river folk onto some of these nice lakes that california has to offer. :cool:
Naci is just as laid back as the river, (my opinion) with the law. It's really nice on an off weekend! Just a little change of scenery for everyone. :)
HUH?????

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
HUH?????
What? Hey jet boats ONLY pal!!! :) J/K!
No speed limit on the water, I've run there before without my baffles in all weekend long.

NautiTwins
03-24-2006, 11:03 AM
What? Hey jet boats ONLY pal!!! :) J/K!
No speed limit on the water, I've run there before without my baffles in all weekend long.
Nice! I'm invited to FC5 but not to yours??? Hopefully you guys will make it out to the river this year. LOL

Brooski
03-24-2006, 11:56 AM
First weekend may be doable. I will hopefully be sore, demolition derby is August 2 and 3rd, and I plan to last til the end this year. Nate and Michelle, you better be there wearing my shirts!

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm a large & Michelle's a small!

Keyser
03-24-2006, 01:16 PM
First weekend may be doable. I will hopefully be sore, demolition derby is August 2 and 3rd, and I plan to last til the end this year. Nate and Michelle, you better be there wearing my shirts!
Hey wheres my shirt buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIFTY
03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
you better be there wearing my shirts!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1873T283210BC.jpg

Keyser
03-24-2006, 01:50 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1873T283210BC.jpg
ROFLMAO :D :D :D

beerjet
03-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Well since I have no fookin clue where any of these lakes are , I am completely lost so, I'll just leave it to the masses.

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Well since I have no fookin clue where any of these lakes are , I am completely lost so, I'll just leave it to the masses.
Your about 5- 6 hrs away. Its off of hwy 101 in Paso Robles.
Type Lake Nacimiento on a search and it should bring up some info on the location and the lake.

Keyser
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Lake Nacimiento (http://www.nacimientoresort.com)
There you go. I love that place.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/18181405lakemapbmp.JPG
MAP COURTESY OF BROOSKI

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 04:52 PM
makes me want to go out tomorrow!!!!

Cas
03-24-2006, 04:55 PM
We can't make it the first or 2nd weekends in Aug.....4H camp. I would suggest just setting the date and whoever that can make it will. I've tried that "please everyone" approach and believe me, you will be bald in a short period of time :D

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
hahaha.... I'm already bald! :cry: We'll have to wait and see, maybe give it a couple weeks then I'll try to set a date.

n8dawg
03-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Nice! I'm invited to FC5 but not to yours??? Hopefully you guys will make it out to the river this year. LOL
Hey don't get all butt hurt, you told me that you guys aren't comming out to cali this summer! Ahh just sell that ski boat and buy a river cruiser!! They plenty of room for all the kids!
Have a good weekend!
Nate