PDA

View Full Version : This would be cool!!!

Kindsvater Flat
11-07-2003, 07:58 AM
If someone was into RC shit and could build a mini flat or hyrdo, then you could use this motor and that little casale that was ebay that I think Superdave found.
http://www.nvbackflow.com/engines/EngineB8.JPG

Kindsvater Flat
11-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Short clip of it running
mini blown (http://www.nvbackflow.com/inprogress/EngA1A.mpg)

SERIOUS ISSUES
11-07-2003, 08:56 AM
very cool:) . How much:confused: :confused: ?
that cant be cheap. also how many rpm will it pull.

mbrown2
11-07-2003, 09:03 AM
That is friggen cool....with the mini casale, that would be the shit.....What does that cost?

Kindsvater Flat
11-07-2003, 09:13 AM
That one is 1/3 scale. These are prices for 1/4 scale
Conley 1/4 Scale "427" V-8 Engine assembled: $4495.00.
Supercharger: $1295.00
Stroked crankshaft: $469.95
Radiator (standard): $179.95
Sprint Exhaust: $400.00
http://www.conleyprecision.com/pics/supercharge.jpg

Morg
11-07-2003, 09:22 AM
K-Flat
Cole Man II @ I used to be heavily into RC boats. If you are serious about building one of those deals. I will build you a fiberglass flatt bottom hull. In fact I have a wood hull that is not finished in the garage.
Morg.

Roman 1
11-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Back in the early 90's Liquid Qtr mile magazine featured a red hydro sportin one of those little nitro burners.:cool:

Itsahobby
11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Let's see, if I had $7000 would I spend it on a RC motor?
How much is a whipple charger for a BBC?:eek:
Hobby

Morg
11-07-2003, 02:34 PM
That's why I'm not into RC boats any more. All growed up into real toys.

126driver
11-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that is cool. Someone posted that pic a while back. By the time you got that motor, that 1/4 scale casale and a flatty or hydro model hull, I figured you'd have around ten grand in your toy. Not to mention electronics. :eek:

Sangster
11-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Not to mention your time...With that kinda $$ invested You better be ready to spend tons of time making it all work..

Sangster
11-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Not to mention your time...With that kinda $$ invested You better be ready to spend tons of time making it all work..

THE VIKING
11-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Well, **** me with a chainsaw.
That's gotta be the coolest thing i have seen for a long time.
You Americans have the right shit for amusement of men.
Respect to that.
Love it, love it.
The viking.

wsuwrhr
11-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by THE VIKING
Well, **** me with a chainsaw.
I would hate to see that.
Brian

superdave013
11-08-2003, 09:18 AM
I've got a KZ 550 cc engine that I was going to put in a Radio Flyer wagon. But I could donate it to the right RC boat project.
Would not look as cool as that blown deal but it would whip it's ass around the lake. :D
Thiking a hydro woud be best. Would be hard to work the plates on a flat from standing on shore.
The original plan is to do up a tube chassie (slightly streached) radio flyer deal. Get eveyone out drinking and see who has the balls to grab 4th gear.

THE VIKING
11-08-2003, 01:13 PM
WsuWrhrdude.
If i put my mind to it, and finetune some serious thinking, i have to say, so would i, so would i my friend.
Nevertheless, i read in my newspaper yesterday about two norweigan guys where the one raped the other with a comb, he was found by a couple of people, in a bathroom, passed out, with a comp sticking out of his ass!!!!!
The braincells must freeze upthere or what.
And if i then think about the Bandidos member who died of cancer, and then got "bad standing" 8 months after the funeral, got digged up in the middle of the night, pulled out of the coffin, had his vest and the 1% tatoo removed complete with his arm by two morons, wich the Danish Police would like a word with, By the way, then i am almost ready to immigrate:rolleyes: :confused:
The viking.

DansBlown73Nordic
11-08-2003, 02:43 PM
I think it would be really cool to just build a boat using a Weed Whacker motor. Not that it would be even close to that blown motor, but would be way cheaper. If a bunch of us built them we could all get-to-gether and race them.....:D

396_Z
11-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Dans66Stevens
I think it would be really cool to just build a boat using a Weed Whacker motor. Not that it would be even close to that blown motor, but would be way cheaper. If a bunch of us built them we could all get-to-gether and race them.....:D
Been there, done that with sprint cars and stock cars.
To be competitive with the sprint car it costs on average of $3000 to get to your first race, then plan on destroying $400 in parts per weekend while your learing to drive. For full bodied cars costs were about 50% less.
In fact I still have a shitload of parts froom when I was doing that. I have a full bellhousing/clutch set up with lightend clutches that would act like a whirlaway, my old spare engine with alky carb. I may even have a 1/4 scale version of the halibrand QC rear end for a sprint car with titainum axle.

blownmoney
11-09-2003, 12:11 AM
I've got a KZ 550 cc engine that I was going to put in a Radio Flyer wagon. But I could donate it to the right RC boat project.
Would not look as cool as that blown deal but it would whip it's ass around the lake
dave did you hear that blown dealio rev, i think it would eat up your 550 motor!!!

AzDon
11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 126driver
Yeah, that is cool. Someone posted that pic a while back. By the time you got that motor, that 1/4 scale casale and a flatty or hydro model hull, I figured you'd have around ten grand in your toy. Not to mention electronics. :eek:
TEN GRAND??....Why not just build the real thing and put radio controls in it? Then if you got tired of operating it from the shore, you could get in and take a spin!

superdave013
11-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dans66Stevens
They sell kits for that and already have racing classes all over the US for them. I bet your local high end hobby shop has them in stock.

superdave013
11-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by blownmoney
dave did you hear that blown dealio rev, i think it would eat up your 550 motor!!!
Yeah, it sounds pretty bad ass for sure. But no way will it make more power then a hopped up 550 cc motorcycle engine. I'll find out what my brotherinlaw's 1/4 mile times were when he raced that bike.

Kim Hanson
11-09-2003, 07:39 PM
:D

blownmoney
11-10-2003, 01:22 AM
hopped up 550 cc motorcycle engine
ahhh ya didn't say anything about a hopped up 550.. :D :D