PDA

View Full Version : jet-o-vator or diverter

likwidsukr
11-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Which is better and what is the difference?

MarKist
11-07-2003, 07:31 PM
you better go bid on that diverter on ebay!!!
Mark

SPECTRABRENT
11-07-2003, 07:53 PM
PLace Diverter.
Brent

Squirtcha?
11-07-2003, 08:56 PM
I'd have to agree with Spectrabrent with a little clarification. I used to have a jetovator and made the switch to Place Diverter for one simple reason.....................I wanted to use a droop snoot and you can't use a droop with the jetovator. If all you want to do is trim your boat for conditions, pulling skiers, holeshots if you're racing and shoot roosters, the jetovator works great. You just can't utilize a droop with it.

likwidsukr
11-08-2003, 07:45 AM
squirtcha?....... on my set up would a droop do me any good if so I better go for the diverter, and do you think I would be happy with the manual type? Thanks again
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21' Tahiti "Toad" 1973 mini offshore

Squirtcha?
11-08-2003, 08:17 AM
The droop snoot would probably be a try n see thing, especially on your boat. Your hull is so rare, you can't just ask if someone else has used one and how it worked for em. I think, if I were in your shoes, I'd at least like to leave it open as an option (use the Place Diverter rather than jetovator).
I run the manual handle on my boat and like it fine. I've seen the hydraulic units fail due to cracks in the plastic fluid reservoir and plastic control lines that have broken and I want no part of that. Sure it's a little more work, but I can use the exercise and there's no guess work on any adjustments I make on the handle. If I move it up or down a notch, I know where it's gonna be. With hydraulics it can be kinda difficult to tell without additional hardware, or a look over your shoulder.

promod
11-08-2003, 08:33 AM
hey lik u need to come off some of that cash go buy the dam thing i think u squeck when you walk, i have some wd40 if you need it or would you prefer pb blaster just thougth i stir you up a little late dude:eek: :rolleyes: :p nothing like alcohol fums in the morning

likwidsukr
11-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Promod I do squeak when I walk if you did not know me you'd swear I had a pack of mice in my pants.
O and I did not go out of town so Ill call tommorow and I might come see the alchohol injected toy. Later dude.
Thanks squirtcha? I will invest in the manual type see how the boat runs and decide from there I guess on the droop. Cant wait to get some progress done on it I'll keep posting some pics
later guys>>>>>>