PDA

View Full Version : 77 Southwind Tunnel...

fourspeednup
11-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Good boat? Tough to drive/ steer? Never paid much attention to tunnels cuz they're usually out of my price range. Looked at a nice ex-drag boat today. Kinda rough gel but sweet motor+jet
Not this one, but similar setup...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954P1000899-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954boat_7-14-03009-med.jpg
PS--Thanks for the pics rubberducky and fryjet:wink: :wink:

SPECTRABRENT
11-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Great Boat!
HOw much?
Brent

Jake W
11-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Southwind Tunnel Dragsters are the SHIT.These boats are soupost to be pretty forgiving but need a lot of HP and set up work to get them to run like they are ment to.if I can ever find a project boat like this I will be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwitch.
Jake
PS bitchen boat in the pic.:jawdrop:

fourspeednup
11-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Only 5 grand. I BS'd with the guy for about 2 hours talking boats. Wasn't expecting much but this thing was awesome. A little lacking in the looks department but whatever.
Once he fired it up, it was all over. It has a full rail setup and built pump. Used to run a blown hemi, now a Ford 472. Possibly light layup (knocking on the hull sounded very different than my brendella)?
I agree, the boat in the pics is sweet. I'm practicing my pic uploading, just figured it out about 3 hours ago.
:D :D :D

fourspeednup
11-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
Great Boat!
HOw much?
Brent
He used to live in Simi, said he spent a lot of time on castaic. Maybe you know him, name's JD. Boat looks just like the one in the pic but brown metal flake where the white is on the boat in the pics. Also has stacked tanks. Headers are kinda nasty, ran without water at some point. Set up for center steer
:D :D :D

SPECTRABRENT
11-07-2003, 08:53 PM
I dont know of the boat, but 5,000.00 does not sound out of the question for a Southwind Tunnel hull.
Post some pictures.
Good Luck,
Brent

fourspeednup
11-07-2003, 09:05 PM
As much as I'd love to own this one, the funds are just not there without selling my own rig. Damn school sucking all of my money!!! I looked at it for my brother in law who is currently out of town and looking for a winter project.
Time to go sell some of my extra organs on ebay, anyone need a kidney????... :D:D :D :D

mouzer
11-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
Southwind Tunnel Dragsters are the SHIT.These boats are soupost to be pretty forgiving but need a lot of HP and set up work to get them to run like they are ment to.if I can ever find a project boat like this I will be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwitch.
Jake
PS bitchen boat in the pic.:jawdrop: i have a 77 southwind hull tunnel dragster,light deck,parkay floor,needs paint,no motor,or int,or jet,was asking $1000, .its on a tandom trailer,crome fenders, total project, but its my 6th dragster,

mouzer
11-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
Here's a Pic of it
http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/e0/1d/f9_1.JPG this was one of my dragsters right here. its for sale..$4000 due to spinal surgery

mouzer
11-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
Ahhh....I see;) Here's the boat that I believe that you are talking about. It is on Ebay Here 1977 Southwind (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441000233&category=31270)
Opening bid is $4800.00 with no reserve and nobody has bid yet with 1 day left before the end of the aution. I did email the owner about the condition of the hull, IE; Stress cracks, stringer condition, etc. and received a Reply.......
I think I'll pass but it may be a good deal for someone that has the time to put some work into it. The boat is in Scottsdale, AZ and I have JD's phone number if anyone is interested in it.

mouzer
11-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Jake
PS bitchen boat in the pic.:jawdrop: I HAVE ONE''''''

mouzer
11-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
I dont know of the boat, but 5,000.00 does not sound out of the question for a Southwind Tunnel hull.
Post some pictures.
Good Luck,
Brent HEY I got that boat for $2500 in torrance and sold it a year later for $3800 has center steering and a bone stock 460 ford in it and a 70 style paint scheme,,but honestly i wish i kept it for what i got it for,fun boat ran nice,,,,but i have a nother one i am building from the ground up,,,

fourspeednup
11-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by mouzer
when i sold it i let it go for $3800,i heard the guy flipped it at castaic,in 3ft chopp.
Yeah, he told me all about that. Didn't flip it but ripped the deck from the hull in a couple places. Had those and some other stress cracks fixed.
:cool:

Jake W
11-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Mouzer the 1000 bucks sounds right up my alley but where are you located?I live in Mo and to ship a hull I have never seen is a scary thought and shipping alone would F up the great price.So you see wher I am at on one of these I want one for around 1000 but needs to be with in a state or two so I can go get it.It sounds like alot so lately I have been looking for an 18 Tunnel Young blood or copie of one.no luck there either but at least I know thoes are around hear.
Jake:D

Jake W
11-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Mosuzer is the TD you are talking about Red .I had seen an add BBT had posted on another board for a Southwind TD they were asking 1000 for it.It looked like it had no plate hardware on it ?
Jake

mouzer
11-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Mouzer the 1000 bucks sounds right up my alley but where are you located?I live in Mo and to ship a hull I have never seen is a scary thought and shipping alone would F up the great price.So you see wher I am at on one of these I want one for around 1000 but needs to be with in a state or two so I can go get it.It sounds like alot so lately I have been looking for an 18 Tunnel Young blood or copie of one.no luck there either but at least I know thoes are around hear.
Jake:D i just sold my picklefork,hydro to a guy in okla, and he drove 24 hrs straight- here to so calif. i just backed out of buying that pump,so im selling the hull and trailer for 800,did you see that other sw, td, middle of page in az. that was mine,anyway i shipped one flatty to texas it cost the guy $600 shipping charge....mine is yellow and brown stripes,and it did not ever have cav plates,,,,,,,mouzer

mouzer
11-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Mosuzer is the TD you are talking about Red .I had seen an add BBT had posted on another board for a Southwind TD they were asking 1000 for it.It looked like it had no plate hardware on it ?
Jake no yellow w/ brown stripes nocav plates ever,looks just like the other one i had up on this page.....mouzer

Jake W
11-10-2003, 09:13 PM
No plates hugh.800 bucks is a killer deal asuming the hull is decent.24 hrs stright is too dam far for me.That guy must of been a man on a mission.600 bucks to ship humm how hard was it?
Jake:confused:

ChetCapoli
11-10-2003, 09:21 PM
mouser dont bother with jake, he's just a board clown and a dreamer. If he took two days off from posting on here, he'd be to your place and back and have that tunnel in his back yard. I see you mention shipping at around $600.....interesting. $1500 seems to much to me boy..... wonder what his excuse will be???
Did you see that Mr. "hobo on a ham sandwich"????? You make me laugh jake you really do.
CHET

ChetCapoli
11-10-2003, 09:23 PM
600 bucks to ship humm how hard was it?
Jake:confused:
You seem like the type to be confused jake...just send him the money(which you dont have thus the reason not buying it) and he'll get it shipped to you. Simple mr. hobo. :D

Jake W
11-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Chet with all your big bucks why dont you just ship it her for me.So chet how many boats you bought and have shipped with out seeing them?
Jake

mouzer
11-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
mouser dont bother with jake, he's just a board clown and a dreamer. If he took two days off from posting on here, he'd be to your place and back and have that tunnel in his back yard. I see you mention shipping at around $600.....interesting. $1500 seems to much to me boy..... wonder what his excuse will be???
Did you see that Mr. "hobo on a ham sandwich"????? You make me laugh jake you really do.
CHET its a good hull ,light lay up on the hull,parkay floor,it only has the pick up grid in it, and gages, tandom trailer needs paint but has nice chrome fenders,boat has original gel but is in sanding moad,to ship ityou just find a trucker dead heading your way out of the ontario truck stop next to my work...and that will pay for his fuel and a little extra,,,,,for his trouble..anyway i think (big proppa)v-drive forum wants it ,he has a blown big block chevy he wants to put in it,,he;s buddy bought another one of my dragsters(pipes clean)something like that,,there going to post some picture soon of that one,

ChetCapoli
11-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Dude are you for real??? You bought a boat in two pieces for gods sake! Now that was ready for the junk pile.
$800 bucks??? come on??? You spent that on parts you'll never use or need for that matter with your present boat. Heck they even might be outdated by the time you get it going.
How much cheaper to you want to find one??? You must really be a hobo huh?? Amazing!!! You have to much "hand on peepee" time bud! seriously.
CHET

Jake W
11-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Chet I did not pay a dime for that Kachina.and yes it was in two pices but now it is capped and most of the glass work is done what does it matter to you what I do with my projects.You too bus saying yes dear and no time for the things you want to do?The(southwind TD) boat is a bitchen price never said I did not want it there you go assuming agine.How about your bitchen ride you sold that yet.How about your new tunnel you have a pic of that I thought you were a prop guy now what you doin on hear any way?
Jake

mouzer
11-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Chet I did not pay a dime for that Kachina.and yes it was in two pices but now it is capped and most of the glass work is done what does it matter to you what I do with my projects.You too bus saying yes dear and no time for the things you want to do?The(southwind TD) boat is a bitchen price never said I did not want it there you go assuming agine.How about your bitchen ride you sold that yet.How about your new tunnel you have a pic of that I thought you were a prop guy now what you doin on hear any way?
Jake SOLD THE SOUTHWIND FOR $700.

Jet City
11-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Looks like Jakes on that Southwind like a stew-bum on a salami sandwich:D
Nice deal, we want pics.

mouzer
11-11-2003, 06:26 PM
BOUGHT BACK THAT OTHER 77 SUTHWIND DRAGSTER....

Jake W
11-12-2003, 05:56 AM
It wasent me that bought it but some one got a killer deal.Mabey it was Big Proppa ?
Jake the Hobo dreaming board clown
:D

mouzer
11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
It wasent me that bought it but some one got a killer deal.Mabey it was Big Proppa ?
Jake the Hobo dreaming board clown
:D no i bought it back (mouzer) the guy with the $800 southwind dragster,....