PDA

View Full Version : Who Else?

TOBTEK
11-08-2003, 10:21 AM
WHO ELSE IS STUCK AT WORK TODAY? AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! walked by the boat, got in the truck and came to work alllllllllllllllllllll weekend:( Beautiful day in SO-CAL, would love to be floatin down the river right now. Forgot what the river home looks like:( OH WELL, guess I have to do this to do the other......could be worse, NO JOB! NO TOYS!!

LASERRAY
11-08-2003, 10:25 AM
No "WORK" today, Just honeydoos and such. I have to fix my neighbor's screendoor that my 4 year old boy broke. He'll keep me busy for years to come I'm sure.
Don't work too hard.

Craig
11-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Still workin' Saturdays for a couple more weeks :(

LUVNLIFE
11-08-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm not at work today. In fact I think I will go cruise my golf cart around.:D Buy the way I had no prob selling my old one Toby. One phone call to buddy of mine that races SuperGas and it was gone for the race track. Whats new anything?

Ntwotrance
11-08-2003, 11:08 AM
no work for me today....just having to help with my daughters b-day party...bunch of screaming kids sounds like fun....maybe I should go to work...:confused:

TOBTEK
11-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
I'm not at work today. In fact I think I will go cruise my golf cart around.:D Buy the way I had no prob selling my old one Toby. One phone call to buddy of mine that races SuperGas and it was gone for the race track. Whats new anything?
WHATS NEW....HMMMMMMMM . Married life! New truck, trying to sell the OLD one (2003 Z71:rolleyes: ) just picked up three STD ez-go carts that im gonna fix up and sell. building a new stereo/entertainment system in the new truck with ROZ's help:) ....you know just a normal week. you an your family OK up there with the fires?....toby

LUVNLIFE
11-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Man you are a busy guy. I wish you would tell me how you get 36 hours in a day when I only get 24. We are OK with the fires but if that fire would have burned out of control one more day we would have started feeling the heat. How about you guys and the fires down there?

TOBTEK
11-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Man you are a busy guy. I wish you would tell me how you get 36 hours in a day when I only get 24. We are OK with the fires but if that fire would have burned out of control one more day we would have started feeling the heat. How about you guys and the fires down there?
couple friends had to get out, including KAB from the boards here. Was way away from us. Wanta fit 36 hours into 24......ITS CALLED METABOLIFE!:D

LUVNLIFE
11-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I def better get some. Can I buy that on any street corner or Denny's parking lot or only select shady hoods.:D

HCS
11-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Stuck at work all day today, now it's 5:00 and I'm off.
Beer time. Catch you on the rebound.:cool: :)

Moneypitt
11-08-2003, 07:27 PM
I wish I had a job, PERIOD!! I'll work days, nights, weekends, full time, part time, overtime, you name it, I'll work it, after all, its winter, I gotta make money for the toys, and necessary factors of living. My un employment ran out last month, and I'm scraping bottom here.. I'm a machinist, manual and CNC, lathes and mills. Anybody know of anyone in the Ventura county area, or better yet, at the river, that could use my services...I also do motors and boat varied boat work....(no dirty cars, please)...Moneypitt

superdave013
11-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Moneypitt
I wish I had a job, PERIOD!! I'll work days, nights, weekends, full time, part time, overtime, you name it, I'll work it, after all, its winter, I gotta make money for the toys, and necessary factors of living. My un employment ran out last month, and I'm scraping bottom here.. I'm a machinist, manual and CNC, lathes and mills. Anybody know of anyone in the Ventura county area, or better yet, at the river, that could use my services...I also do motors and boat varied boat work....(no dirty cars, please)...Moneypitt
I'm shocked you're out of work. Seems like I run my mill every day these days. To bad it's boring crab work instead of boat parts. But it's payin da bills.

Big Bear
11-08-2003, 08:17 PM
I have been operating construction cranes for 10 years and they are making us get certifications in order to operate them. I had to go take a series of tests today and again next Sat. I plan to go to Mobile refinery in Jan. when they shut down for 100 days to retool. That will mean 7/12s on night shift for the duration and no life for 3 1/2 months. But I will pay off my dually and have some dough to play with for next season!:D

superdave013
11-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Oh, Needless to say my work day starts at 6:00 AM until about 9:30 at night just about every day these days. Glad my day job lets me post on ***boat. :D

Big Bear
11-08-2003, 08:42 PM
OUCH! Sure hope those hours pay well! I'll be the first to admit that I am a big Moneywhore.

superdave013
11-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Big Bear
OUCH! Sure hope those hours pay well! I'll be the first to admit that I am a big Moneywhore.
Well the day job pays to freaking good. Makes it hard to leave. The night gig is hit and miss. All on how I quote it. I'm hopin the night job will turn into the day job so I'm doing what I've gotta do.
So, what crain company do you work for?

TheLurker
11-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Big Bear
I have been operating construction cranes for 10 years and they are making us get certifications in order to operate them. I had to go take a series of tests today and again next Sat. I plan to go to Mobile refinery in Jan. when they shut down for 100 days to retool. That will mean 7/12s on night shift for the duration and no life for 3 1/2 months. But I will pay off my dually and have some dough to play with for next season!:D
Big Bear, My units are not affected by the turnaround so I’ll continue my normal day/night rotation. I’ll see if I can track you down when I work the night shifts.