PDA

View Full Version : Mariah info

ONAROLL
11-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Just got a 1985 19ft mariah BBF/Dominator, not new to jets but am new to Mariah, any opinions or info on these boats would be appreciated..Thanks Vic

572Daytona
11-10-2003, 08:03 PM
There is a Mariah boats that is located in South Carolina: http://www.mariah-boats.com/ I've seen quite a few of their boats around but never any jets. Most of them are your typical i/o bow riders. What are the first 3 characters of the VIN number, that will tell for sure who made it. Also post any pictures if you have them.

ONAROLL
11-10-2003, 08:09 PM
I saw the same thing about the current production, kinda like a bayliner or any of the cookie cutter boats, I have heard of these in jets, Im at work right now I will check the vin and see, but on the boat is the logo Mariah Boats inc, with a Palm Tree ,?

ONAROLL
11-12-2003, 03:21 PM
OK, Im really not a dumb ass its not an 85 its a 79 according to the VIN, didnt care when I bought it, the VIN prefix is VXX. is a pretty standard looking low profile hull, any clues yet, cant post pictures just yet...thanks Vic

572Daytona
11-12-2003, 09:02 PM
According to the Coast Guard database VXX is Mariah boats out of Dallas, TX and they went out of business in 1979: http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_detail.aspx?id=VXX

waterslinger
11-13-2003, 09:36 AM
OnaRoll I know a guy with a Mariah, It is a 95 family truckster.
Who is that hot thing in the black bra. OH my

Chris J
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
I looked at a Mariah open bow jet boat with a 454 in OKC a few years ago. It wasn't a bad looking boat but if I remember correctly it had the gas tanks molded into the hull and a panther pump.

Jim Brock
11-13-2003, 01:27 PM
A friend of mine made them here in VanNuys, Paul Cosionni, sorry about the spelling of your last name Paul, they were a youngblood with a spoiler on the back, I think sebring made it later, the bottom is like a southwind. he didn't have a lot of capital and when the gas crunch came it hurt him, I was at long beach (ndba) when paul won BFJ with his Black Mariah. Jim

ONAROLL
11-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the help, I knew I had heard of them before, I have not wieghed it yet but its feels way light, came with a new 472, dominator pump w/snoot, new updated interior and a trailer with fiberglass molded fenders.....I aint a "Ford" guy but what the hell, if I kill it, I got a BBC on the stand needing a home..thanks again Vic