PDA

View Full Version : OUTDRIVE CHECK

JOSEPH GARRIDO
01-27-2002, 01:06 PM
I HAVE A 1998 7.4 MERCRUISER WITH A BRAVO ONE DRIVE, I TAKE IT IN EVERY YEAR AND HAVE THE OUTDRIVE CHECKED OUT, IM THINKING OF NOT HAVING IT SERVICED THIS SPRING, SHOULD I OR CAN I SKIP A YEAR?

waterndog
01-28-2002, 12:59 PM
I take mine in every year for the annual service. Motor & drive. My boats a 97 havent missed a year, cause you know what happens the 1 yr you miss is when something will happen and they will tell if you would have brought in we could caught this now its BIG $$$
Michael

ONE 4 SPECTRA
01-30-2002, 04:47 PM
Hey Joeseph,
If you are in so. cal. call Mobile Marine Service at 909-640-0667. They will come right to your boat and service your motor and drive cheaper than anyone else.

Fat Chance
02-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey Joe-
I have A 502Mag/Bravo 1, and I do my own services. If you don't take it in, at least change the fluid, grease the zirk's, and throw a wrench on your hardware (to spec of course).
It all depends on your comfort level with the work. If you know whats go'n on, do it yourself, if not take it in. There is a right way and a wrong way do do things though. I have my outdrive aligned bi-annually, but the rest is pretty staight forward. You gotta do the oil at least though.
Scott
[This message has been edited by Fat Chance (edited February 02, 2002).]