PDA

View Full Version : Cranks for sale

Fiat48
11-11-2003, 09:47 PM
454 GM Steel 5140 10/10. keyed for blower. 25 runs Mild blown gas. Mags good. $250.00
454 GM Steel 5140 20/20 (might be 20/10, again have to check) 10 runs mild blown alcohol. Keyed for blower. Mags good. $225.00
all are for mark 1V
Wanted Billet or high quality 3.76 stroke (396/427) or therabouts (cut down 3.820's, 3.850's with small journal rods o.k.)
Also have extra 8mm 46 pulley. Will trade for a 56 or 53 or 54.
Lot's of other stuff too as I get around to it.

Blown 472
11-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Building a shorter stroke motor?

Fiat48
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM
I am going to put a shorter stroke in the P&S block and see if I can get rid of some of the lever against the main saddles and prolong main bearing life. This is for the drag car. The block was lightened extremely for Pro Stock racing in the 80's and just may have lost some of it's rigidity. We have more than enough power anyway for what we do.
In the other block (friends drag car) we are going to lighten his rotating assembly, increase main bearing clearance and run a King bearing. We may run synthetic oil in that one but not sure yet.
Winter projects.:)
Meant to quote instead of edit.

Blown 472
11-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Cool, king bearings? they are from isreal? (sp) I was kicking around the idea of blown short stroke from 3.85 to 3.59. I hope it works out for you.

Heatseeker
11-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Fiat, where were you and that crank last year, when I was shopping!!! I'd have snapped up that Cola crank in a heartbeat! Hell, if I had the dough, I'd pick it up now, just to have it around in case of a catastropy!

Infomaniac
11-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Fiat48
I am going to put a shorter stroke in the P&S block and see if I can get rid of some of the lever against the main saddles and prolong main bearing life. This is for the drag car. The block was lightened extremely for Pro Stock racing in the 80's and just may have lost some of it's rigidity. We have more than enough power anyway for what we do.
In the other block (friends drag car) we are going to lighten his rotating assembly, increase main bearing clearance and run a King bearing. We may run synthetic oil in that one but not sure yet.
Winter projects.:
There you go, with the shorter stroke:
Put a mile long rod in it, shaft rockers, lower gear and RPM's to the moon.
Will be a different car. Et will greatly improve.

Fiat48
11-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Eagle has a 427 center counterweight crank I have my eye on. There's 3 sets of .400 long rods here so they get the vote. BB-4 heads with shaft rockers already. Dry sump sitting in the corner waiting. No real class to run in the car in out here tho. So we just run it. Crowd likes it and we get paid once in a while. May be a 6.90 deal in California area next year, but so far just talk. Powerglide car, 6's are pushing the tranny.
I find Pro Blend's oil additive very interesting. I do know their alcohol additive works. I leave my alky in now, all season.

Washed Ashore
11-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Hey,not to change subject,but do any of you now anything about the 10 liter Arias 557c.i.d ?DO you think this deal can be used in a pleasure boat ?My conserns are valve train wear under extreme long term use,harmonics with the gear drive?It is water cooled,what do you guys think,it would be ran on pump gas?

DEL51
11-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Call Mert littlefield, he will inform you about the parts and there uses. I would stick with something simpler.Good Luck,Chris

Fiat48
11-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Washed Ashore
Hey,not to change subject,but do any of you now anything about the 10 liter Arias 557c.i.d ?DO you think this deal can be used in a pleasure boat ?My conserns are valve train wear under extreme long term use,harmonics with the gear drive?It is water cooled,what do you guys think,it would be ran on pump gas?
Designed as a racing engine I couldn't see how this would be practical at all. I'm not that familiar with them as I never could afford one. Call Fontana/Arias and tell them what is on your mind.