PDA

View Full Version : cuddy or bowrider

dvrpilot
09-01-2001, 06:15 AM
In regards to a boat used on a large lake. Which do people prefer a bowrider or a cuddy cabin. I see benifits of both however was debating whether I would actually use the cuddy for anything other than a "stabbin cabin".

B-rad502
10-03-2001, 10:02 PM
Definitely a closed deck!! We had an open bow before and will not have one again! We never used the bow except to get off of the boat on the beach. The closed deck allows you to get out of the weather, take a nap, or spend the night and not to mention a place to throw a few towels, jackets or whatever and not worry about stuff flying out. Also a great place to set up a 6 year old with homework or toys!

rivercrazy
10-04-2001, 08:42 AM
They both have their advantages. Closed decks will always be faster due to less weight, more rigidity, and better aerodynamics. Crawl through cuddies are a good compromise if you really needs the extra seating area.

slowride
10-04-2001, 10:17 AM
Closed decks leave space for out of weather
storage. Privacy is also important. The
decks of closed bow boats have better lines.
My .02 cents. Slowride.

HammerDown
10-06-2001, 02:56 PM
Ya gotta have a STABIN CABIN...closed deck!

Chestah Cheetah
10-06-2001, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by dvrpilot:
I see benifits of both however was debating whether I would actually use the cuddy for anything other than a "stabbin cabin".
You just answered your own question buddy!
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/imu2.gif

Rocket
10-10-2001, 06:21 AM
Perfur engine cover.... but gotta have cabin!

MNLavey
10-10-2001, 08:00 AM
I think it depends on what you're looking for... We were looking in the 21' range... We also knew we'd have 6 or more people in the boat most of the time... So, we pretty much had to go with an open bow... I think some of the larger (relatively speaking) boats with the over/under are a good solution and give you the best of both worlds!
Good luck!
Mike

DaveSunsation
10-12-2001, 04:45 AM
dvrpilot,
Sunsation just finished up a brand new 288 mid-cabin open bow that is down in Florida at the performance evals with ***boat. This boat actually has an open bow that you can convert back into a close bow sleeping V-berth. It took over two years to design all the new innovations into this model. If your looking for a performance boat with a family flair email me and I'll send you a complete information package, this model is already sold out through January of 2002.
Hope this helps.