PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Island

cola
11-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Anyone going to Catalina this week-end if there is good weather.
Later, Mike&Kim

Faster Daddy
11-12-2003, 10:21 PM
If the weather is good (no rain) sounds like a good trip. Where are you launching from?

cola
11-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Newport ? call me 909 377-6110
Mike

h2oski2fast
11-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Will be headin over on Sunday for a few beers and Buffalo Milks. Probably leaving out of Huntington Harbor. Look for my buddies all white 38' Fountain w/ # P2-14 on the side and Sign FX sticker on it (haven't finished the rest of the graphics yet).
Dennis

Faster Daddy
11-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Gonna make a few calls tomorrow - keep you posted.

shockwavebd
11-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by h2oski2fast
Will be headin over on Sunday for a few beers and Buffalo Milks. Probably leaving out of Huntington Harbor. Look for my buddies all white 38' Fountain w/ # P2-14 on the side and Sign FX sticker on it (haven't finished the rest of the graphics yet).
Dennis
We have a small group heading over sunday as well, we will be coming out of davies at around 8:30 or 9:00 mostly the shockwave guys this time ...... we will watch for you :wink:

Faster Daddy
11-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Crew bailed on me for this trip. Family commitments or some BS? Go Figure. I will be watching for future trips, take some pics.

Kilrtoy
11-15-2003, 01:11 AM
hey Barry how do we catch a ride.....

Havasu Luvr
11-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
hey Barry how do we catch a ride.....
Catch a ride???? I want to know How do you get an INVITE????
:mad:
HL

Faster Daddy
11-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Kilr, HL - If I knew you wanted go, I would'nt have backed out due to no crew! It ain't no 38', but the beer is cold! :D
Next time I'll post to see if anyone wants a ride!

cola
11-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Just got home, what a trip. The first time in the ocean and had great time. It rained on the way over but no worse then rain on the bike, I've been there done that. The sea was rough coming home today. Swells bigger then my boat. My wife put the vest on about 5 miles out. If I though it was safe to stop I would have put mine on also. I really liked it & will try and make a few more trips this winter. Well post some pics later. We saw Here Kitty Kitty moored in Avalon.
Later, Mike&Kim

Kilrtoy
11-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks faster daddy,
maybe next time.....
Sounds like a good day , excpet the ride home

h2oski2fast
11-17-2003, 12:39 PM
We didn't make it cause of the rain. Stayed home and ran all the wiring for the above fireplace plasma tv. What fun that was, but it looks cool just having the tv on the wall with no visable wires running to it.
Keep me posted when your going over there again, we go all the time but mostly spur of the moment trips.

Faster Daddy
11-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Cola, sounds like a good trip! Nothin wrong with gettin a little wet. :D

cola
11-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Might run back to Catalina on Sunday out of Davies with some guys from RacerX @ 8:30 or so. Will need to get the boat back from Extreem. They are fixing a fender & replacing all 6 Carlisle (they SUCK) from a blow-out on Sunday. Jacked the fender, step & light, they should have replaced all of them 2 months ago not just the one.
Later, Mike

life's a river
11-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Cola, I hope you are not getting Carlisles again. Even if they are going to replace them for free, do you want to have the same proplems? It seems like a lot of people on these boards have had bad luck with them. I had to trash mine and stepped up to top of the line radials. Aprox. 5000 miles and no issues. Just my .02.
LAR

cola
11-18-2003, 09:33 PM
life's a river, what tire did you go with. The new carlisles are supposed to be different. Extreem says no problems with the new ones. We'll see what they put on it. thanks
Late, Mike

life's a river
11-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Cola, I don't remember what tires I have. I will check after work tonight. I just remember them being rated for 2200 lbs each.
LAR

Starloans
11-20-2003, 04:32 PM
The local news here is San Diego this weekend is calling for cold temps. Down in the 30s inland. There is a big cold front out in the ocean coming ashore Fri night and Sat. Maybe some rain. Too cold for me.
I've never been to Catalina and was hoping to go this year. Is anyone thinking of going Thanksgiving weekend? I would like to go with someone thats been before. Maybe the weather will be better.

Faster Daddy
11-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Starloans,
If the weather forecasts don't change, I'd love to go. Thanksgiving day we decided not to make the drive to Torrance to meet the family, were're takin the boat! :D Oceanside to San Pedro 62.3 miles. Coming back on Friday. But I have no plans for the rest of the weekend and can't think of a better place to spend it! Let me know if your interested. :cool:
Brian

Starloans
11-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Faster Daddy
Starloans,
If the weather forecasts don't change, I'd love to go. Thanksgiving day we decided not to make the drive to Torrance to meet the family, were're takin the boat! :D Oceanside to San Pedro 62.3 miles. Coming back on Friday. But I have no plans for the rest of the weekend and can't think of a better place to spend it! Let me know if your interested. :cool:
Brian
Oh yeah! Sounds like a plan. So let me get this straight. Your driving your boat to San Pedro from Oside. Then you're coming back on Friday? Were you thinking if Catalina is in the plan just heading out from San Pedro or did you need to come back to Oside?
Let me know.
Were you planing to spend the night?
How many peeps you bingin?

Faster Daddy
11-21-2003, 11:05 PM
I was thinkin Sat or Sun out of O'side - Does that work for you? I don't know if my wife will be up for the trip after the San Pedro thing, she'll probably wanna go shopping or something. I'll also let my buddy know, we did a tag team on Lavey and bought 2 boats rigged the same way. He's achin to get more water time. He picked his up 2 weeks after mine and only has about 10 hrs on it.
Checked the forecast again tonight - partly cloudy, keep your fingers crossed.
Went last year about this time, hit some rain, but didn't kill the trip.

cola
11-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Were heading to Davies this morning for a run over to Catalina for lunch. Leaving @ 8:30 with some boys from RacerX.
Later, Mike

WILD LAVEY
11-24-2003, 12:12 AM
I was thinkin Sat or Sun out of O'side - Does that work for you? I don't know if my wife will be up for the trip after the San Pedro thing, she'll probably wanna go shopping or something. I'll also let my buddy know, we did a tag team on Lavey and bought 2 boats rigged the same way. He's achin to get more water time. He picked his up 2 weeks after mine and only has about 10 hrs on it.
glad to see more lavey owners on the boards and willing to take on the big blue.

Sun burners
11-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey now I take my LAVEY out to the big blue every time its been here in SO CAL!!!
Even if it only been here once, I am batting a thousand!!!
Lets see some pics!

Starloans
11-24-2003, 10:53 AM
If the weather's nice, should I pack my swim trunks?
:D

life's a river
11-24-2003, 12:00 PM
T and B, Good luck with your new tire's. I didn't notice any problems with mine until I drove through the desert at 120 deg.
The tires that I have are Nankang. Never heard of them before, but I was told they are made by Yokohama. All I know and care about is that they seem to be working great.
LAR