PDA

View Full Version : BlackHawk Drives

powerplay230
02-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Can anyone give me feedback on the blackhawk drives. Looking at a 272 Baja with 550 Hs/ 502 and just wondering is that a good thing or bad. Hate to get rid of the reliable Powerplay with Koolaid!

MANIC MECHANIC
02-09-2003, 06:26 PM
MY FIRST THOUHGT IF i WERE LOOKING AT A blackhawk driven boat would be are parts going to be available in the near future:seeing as how mercury has discontinued that drive?! It sounded very promising at first.I know from experiance how bad it sux to need parts for something that is no longer available!! burningm

MANIC MECHANIC
02-13-2003, 10:35 PM
On the otherhand,in a properly set up boat, they are supposed to fly! I seem to remember reading somewhere, Powerboat I think, that a bravo at 60 mph exerts 800 pounds down force on the transom and the black hawk at the same speed exerts 300pounds UPforce at the transom! jawdrop Sounds interesting doesn't it? Call Mercury, If they can assure you that parts are available in the forseeable future ,I would certainly take it for a test ride ! idea Tim

truksnboats
03-06-2003, 01:42 PM
I was wondering about this type of drive as well. Does anyone have any more info or maybe a pic?