PDA

View Full Version : Shined up and rar'in ta GO!!

dossangers
11-14-2003, 10:25 PM
painted the trailer yesterday the old K50 trailer julian made this thing trick only thing im missing 1 wheel so if you know of one grab it for me also fired this motor after 10 years of sitting this will be drivers ed motor be at needles thanksgiving doing left turns around the bridge YUK YUK !!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/167inj_and_bezer_006-med.jpg

Moneypitt
11-14-2003, 10:38 PM
Wayne are you coming to Bluewater for the races??? If so, look me up around the PS89 pit..........Moneypitt, ......(Ray)

Rexone
11-15-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by dossangers
this will be drivers ed motor be at needles thanksgiving doing left turns around the bridge YUK YUK !!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/167inj_and_bezer_006-med.jpg
LMAO..drivers ed motor. Watch that bridge dos, it's supports are hard and the current's fast.
Nice boat btw. :)

beaverfab
11-15-2003, 04:01 AM
Wayne nice boat good luck at Needles tell Billy hello for me. Sent you a pm this morning if you want to talk to me just call my shop will be in there working most of the day. 254-854-2083 j.j.:smilespi: :smilespi: :smilespi:

MikeF
11-15-2003, 06:12 AM
I'm kinda jealous Wayne! I REALLY like your boat!:D
Have a good Thanksgiving weekend!:cool:

Hallett
11-15-2003, 07:03 AM
thats a nice looking boat wayne hope to see you at blue water.
will you be there.

Jim Anderson
11-15-2003, 07:15 AM
That is a really cool looking boat. Do you have plans on racing it?. i'm not that familiar with the circle style of boats so i have a question for you. Why would you buy one for the river if what you want to do is go fast (straight)??????. i bought mine to do the same thing and i bought a runner bottom. Are the circle boats that much more fun or something?. From what i was told that there is no comparrison between the two. That the runner bottoms have the lines that everybody want's, especially to go fast.

GofastRacer
11-15-2003, 07:40 AM
painted the trailer yesterday the old K50 trailer julian made this thing trick only thing im missing 1 wheel so if you know of one grab it for me also fired this motor after 10 years of sitting this will be drivers ed motor be at needles thanksgiving doing left turns around the bridge YUK YUK !!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/167inj_and_bezer_006-med.jpg
Looks good Wayne, trailer sure looks better than the day you picked it up!..:D

GofastRacer
11-15-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Jim Anderson
That is a really cool looking boat. Do you have plans on racing it?. i'm not that familiar with the circle style of boats so i have a question for you. Why would you buy one for the river if what you want to do is go fast (straight)??????. i bought mine to do the same thing and i bought a runner bottom. Are the circle boats that much more fun or something?. From what i was told that there is no comparrison between the two. That the runner bottoms have the lines that everybody want's, especially to go fast.
Both are two different animals. A runner is for drag racing on smoothe water, the other is for turning left and running in the shit and there ain't nothing like spinning that thing around at speed and going back where you came from!..:D

e-ticket
11-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Wayne, I like your ride. Very Clean! Sounds like roundy round time. I like the all white. Just add some bitchen numbers on it.
Hope to see you at Bluewater at Thanksgiving weekend. Would love to take the Barron and play a little. Getting new motor next weekend.

dmontzsta
11-15-2003, 08:27 AM
wow, looking great Wayne.
I have a question, how did you get that nice stance on the trailer? did it come like that? mine sits way high in the front.

ACCEPTENCE
11-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Cool Wayne,
That's a good lookin deal.
You gonna be a the river for T-day???
Some of the guys will be at Needles and I'll be down as well, Stop in if you get a chance.

GofastRacer
11-15-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
I have a question, how did you get that nice stance on the trailer? did it come like that? mine sits way high in the front.
Julian built the trailer himself way back in the day at home in his garage for his original "K" boat....If yours sits high in the front only, you need a lower drop hitch!..:)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Wayne, go get a quick aviation physical and bring it to bluewater. Run it in PS. If you need any safety gear I'll borrow it for you. Boat looks good!!:cool: :cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
I have a question, how did you get that nice stance on the trailer? did it come like that? mine sits way high in the front. A lot of the 60's boat trailers were flat with elevated bunks (probably what you have). In order to lower the boats down they started shaping the trailer like a "V" so the bunks would rise up close to flush with the trailer frame rail. Having them low means a shallower launch depth with a cool look.:cool:

BGMAN203
11-15-2003, 10:31 AM
The boat and trailer look f-ing good, nice job. Have fun and be safe. I can't wait to check it out!!!:)

Hud
11-15-2003, 07:33 PM
BGMAN203, did you get the pass word:D ?

Kindsvater Flat
11-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Hud
LOL'S HUD!!!:D

GofastRacer
11-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
Wayne, go get a quick aviation physical and bring it to bluewater. Run it in PS. If you need any safety gear I'll borrow it for you. Boat looks good!!:cool: :cool:
You don't need an FAA physical anymore, they recognize a DOT physical now!.:cool: :cool:

FlatStupid
11-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by GofastRacer
You don't need an FAA physical anymore, they recognize a DOT physical now!.:cool: :cool: Hey Go Fast whats Freightliners and K Boats got in common?:confused:

GofastRacer
11-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Horsepower I guess!.:D :D :D

Jim Anderson
11-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Both are two different animals. A runner is for drag racing on smoothe water, the other is for turning left and running in the shit and there ain't nothing like spinning that thing around at speed and going back where you came from!..:D Thanks for the info Gofastracer. From your avatar it looks like you have the same type of runabout, or circle boat i guess is the right term to use. Do you race yours also?, and if so what kinda mph do you get with your injection system?. it sure looks cool :cool:

FlatStupid
11-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Horsepower I guess!.:D :D :D If thats the case you either got the slowest K Boat on the planet or the fricken fastest Freightshaker:D :eek!: :D

GofastRacer
11-16-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Jim Anderson
Thanks for the info Gofastracer. From your avatar it looks like you have the same type of runabout, or circle boat i guess is the right term to use. Do you race yours also?, and if so what kinda mph do you get with your injection system?. it sure looks cool :cool:
You are right mine is a circle boat, a former "K". I quit racing 10 years ago and I built this boat as a river toy. Right now it's all looks and no go, the motor is just a slap together low compression turd, i'd be lucky if I'm pushing 90. I may do something with it this winter, depends on the other project, that's priority at this time!...:)

GofastRacer
11-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Flat Stupid
If thats the case you either got the slowest K Boat on the planet or the fricken fastest Freightshaker:D :eek!: :D
LMAO, it's defenitly the slowest K on the planet, so it has to be one hell of a Freightshaker!..:D :D :D

BGMAN203
11-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Hud
Yes Hud, I got it. Thanks. But I thought the girls were suspost to be on boats?? The first couple were then it kinda wondered away from the boats, fine by me though!!!:D

Hud
11-16-2003, 04:24 PM
The boats are there:D :)

BGMAN203
11-16-2003, 04:32 PM
So, back to the topic. Dos, give us some specs on the boat. Gear prop, motor, all thoes gearhead goodies!! :wink:

dossangers
11-16-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
So, back to the topic. Dos, give us some specs on the boat. Gear prop, motor, all thoes gearhead goodies!! :wink: going to be replica julian set up. 468 merlin blown old style hilborn 8-71 on alcolhol 40+ gears 11/4 prop and lots of RIGHT FOOT!!!:D :D :D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/167biesmeyer_pettingill_037-med.jpg

Kindsvater Flat
11-16-2003, 05:55 PM
head up ass reply

dossangers
11-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
head up ass reply Say what?????

Beautiful Noise
11-16-2003, 10:28 PM
head up ass reply
---------------------------------------------
Say what?????
dossanger,Those folk's up north talk funny:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Steve

Kindsvater Flat
11-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Say what?????
No I had my head up my ass. I wrote something and realized that I didn't know what I was talking about. Sorry there Wayne.

BGMAN203
11-16-2003, 10:57 PM
excuses....excuses :D :D

Beautiful Noise
11-16-2003, 11:14 PM
No I had my head up my ass. I wrote something and realized that I didn't know what I was talking about.
Sound's about Normal,KF:rolleyes: ;) :D :D
Steve

Kindsvater Flat
11-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Sound's about Normal,KF:rolleyes: ;) :D :D
Steve
Thanks Steve. Hey you break 38mph yet?

Beautiful Noise
11-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Thanks Steve. Hey you break 38mph yet?
I'm thinking I did last time out, There was a really good Tail Wind Blowing :rolleyes: :D :D But it got kinda Scary so I backed out of it:D :D
Steve