View Full Version : DumontDunes Thanksgiving

TheLurker
11-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Were going to be camped at the little dunes at Dumont
Thanksgiving weekend.
Anyone else going to be there?:)

Trailer Park Casanova
11-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Yea, we'll be at Dumont, but we're moving to the big dunes.
We camp on the flats, green flashing strobe, 32' Prowler, Red YFZ 450, Blue YFZ 450, Black GMC C Cab 4X4.
Stop by for a few brews.
Going to organize a Havasu Doug Board trip soon too.

TheLurker
11-16-2003, 10:39 AM
It would be nice to meet you so I will definitely cruise the camps at the up on the flats. I doubt you would travel down to the little dunes unless you go to see the old mines We always camp there for the little ones. Much safer when they are putting around
If you do I have a 31’Class “C” Jamboree GT ( Not many GT’s). There will also be A Jamboree Montara, A 36’ Southwind class “A” 2 yellow mid engine buggies and 2 Honda 4 trax A Yamaha Raptor A Suzuki 50 and another little quad in the camp.

BoatFloating
11-16-2003, 11:24 AM
We will be in little dunes on Wednesday p.m. Look for a Alfa 40ft Diesel pusher with a white Carson trailer with all the Red bikes (Honda).

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
11-16-2003, 02:15 PM
We will be at glamis that weekend. With all this crazy people:rolleyes:

bear down
11-16-2003, 04:47 PM
We'll be at Dumont as well. It's our first trip so don't know where we will be camping. We all should hook up.

TheLurker
11-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
We will be in little dunes on Wednesday p.m. Look for a Alfa 40ft Diesel pusher with a white Carson trailer with all the Red bikes (Honda).
We wont get there till Friday about noon but I will look for you. If you seem me first stop on by for a cold one.

TheLurker
11-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by bear down
We'll be at Dumont as well. It's our first trip so don't know where we will be camping. We all should hook up.
Are you going with a group of people or by yourselves? If you are by your self you are more than welcome to join our camp. Always good people in it and plenty of beer and fun.
Here is my take on Dumont on a busy weekend. Camping up on the flats is a great show. You may develop a few new rattles in your rig during the 11/2 to 2-mile trip down the dirt road and over the creek. But once you set up camp it is a very short ride to the dunes.
Now that we have kids we always camp at the little dunes for 2 reasons.
1. Not as many people camped there so it is safer for the kids to ride around. (less likely for someone to hit them or vice versa)
2. Since there are fewer campers there is less dust in the air.
Drawback is it is kind of a long ride just to get to the big dunes so more wear and tear on the paddle tires.
If you have kids be sure to show them the mines.
What does your rig look like so we can look for you and show you around if you want?

Trailer Park Casanova
11-17-2003, 05:34 AM
A new contractor has been hired to maintain the main road in.
Even still, don't hesitate to do about 2 MPH on it. Most people do.
If the road is washboard,, it'll play hell on your rigs plumbing so go slow. The sink drain connections are the first to snap, and ya fix them with No Hub connectors. I have a box of them to give out, forget re glueing them no hub is the delux way to repair.
Let the morons pass you.
Anyone with an RV is always welcome to camp with us too.
If we camp at the little dunes Lurker, we'll look you up.
Bring no wood to burn with nails. If you've ever picked up nails in your tires there you'll undestand why.
- Ross, Trev and Maren Turbo
ASA, USMC, CORVA, Laughing Skulls M/C

BADBLOWN572
11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
We are heading out to Dumont this upcomming weekend. Anyone else going? We will be in Parker for Thanksgiving weekend.

BoatFloating
11-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by TheLurker
We wont get there till Friday about noon but I will look for you. If you seem me first stop on by for a cold one.
for a cold one or two. I think I've seen your rig out there last Thanksgiving, if I recall. We've been out there the last 3 Thanksgivings in the small dunes, I agree the little dunes are great for the kids, good riding and safety is key.
BadBlown, We aren't going this weekend. we will be there on New Years and maybe a trip or so before. I'll call you when I know more. I'm trying to get Dennis to go then.
TPC, how do you like those new 450's?? I might be looking at the new Honda 450 in January. The Yamaha you have looks sweet, especially the red frame one. They seem like a great bike.

BADBLOWN572
11-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Rocky, we too are planning on heading out for New Years. Probably going to head out Thursday-Sunday. Maybe Friday leave, who knows. I would like to get as much time in the dunes as possible.

RiverRatMike
11-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Been to Dumont Dunes alot in the past. Just wanted to warn your guys if you haven't been out there lately (like in the last year or so) BLM is really cracking down on what is brought into Dumont Dunes. I do know that if you have nails in your firewood they will no let you in. Or they will just take it from you. This happened to me once and I wasn't very happy. Guess I should'nt of had nails in my firewood in the first place. Also they are cracking down on spark arrestors and off-road registrations. Be careful!

TheLurker
11-17-2003, 10:12 PM
for a cold one or two. I think I've seen your rig out there last Thanksgiving, if I recall. We've been out there the last 3 Thanksgivings in the small dunes, I agree the little dunes are great for the kids, good riding and safety is key.
BadBlown, We aren't going this weekend. we will be there on New Years and maybe a trip or so before. I'll call you when I know more. I'm trying to get Dennis to go then.
TPC, how do you like those new 450's?? I might be looking at the new Honda 450 in January. The Yamaha you have looks sweet, especially the red frame one. They seem like a great bike.
We were there last year. We have camped in pretty much the same spot for quite a few thanksgivings.
RiverRatMike thanks for the heads up.

Kilrtoy
11-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Where is this place at

Trailer Park Casanova
11-17-2003, 10:43 PM
I go to Dumont Dunes several time a month.
Bring no firewood with nails in it. This includes pallets. If you've ever picked up nails in your RV, Tow vehicle, Quads or off road ride, you'll understand why they are so strict with the nail policy.
You have to have a flag on every vehicle outside your campsite. This includes your cars or trucks.
No glass containers what so ever. Don't be seen with a beer in your hand.
No services at all at Dumont. No water and just a few pit toilets.
The rangers and Sheriffs have a zero tollerance policy. 99% of the regular visitors to Dumont want it that way. Those that think they can act like idiots out of the view of the authorities will be reported by neighbor campers and the cops respond immediatly.
There is a small mobil jail and booking station just as you reach the top of the hill on the entrance road. BY Thursday afternoon, the fenced in impound yard is filled with non believers vehicles, & the jail with the non believers.
It ain't anarchy like Glamis.
Dumont is an excellent place to Dune but one must take several precautions:
Most every dune large and small has a "Razorback". This means you usually don't traverse over the top of the dune. When you reach the top of the dune, if there is a landing area or flat area, you proceed no furthur until you can see where it is save to continue. If not, turn and head back down the dune
Second: the place if full of Scorpions. The small, Lime color 1" long ones, and the green and yellow 3" long ones. Don't let the kids dig or play in the sand, and wear gloves when you pick up anything.
Your trip is over if anyone gets bit & stung (yea, scorpions bite and sting).
My GF at one time got stung and said it felt like putting your thumb on an anvil and it hit full blast with a sledge hammer.
Dumont is for Duners, and the friendly party atmosphere is everywhere like at the sandbar, except with out the fights and drug sales.

Kilrtoy
11-17-2003, 10:47 PM
TPC
so where is this place

Trailer Park Casanova
11-17-2003, 11:04 PM
You take the 15 the Baker, then exit KelBaker rd.
Head north 30 miles gets you to the Little Dunes. 33.5 miles to the big dunes.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB100037-med.JPG
My son smokin it up Big Mo on his new YFZ 450. These new quads from Yamaha are rockets.
Dumont has the tallest dunes in the western hemisphere.
RV is the only way to visit. Tent camping is for serious tent campers only. The winds can be biblical.
Or get a room in stateline and be a day visitor.

Kilrtoy
11-17-2003, 11:06 PM
DAMN THATS FAR

TheLurker
11-17-2003, 11:25 PM
TPC do you know if they are giong to have the sand drags there this year?

Trailer Park Casanova
11-17-2003, 11:38 PM
I'll check around and find out and get back on that.
The BLM is being strict with insurance so we had no poker run this year and this same policy may effect the drags.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB100051-med.JPG
Half way up the "Wall". Dumonts Comp Hill looking down.
Glamis regulars that are new to Dumont often sit at the bottom for a long time gettin up the courage to climb this dune. It's 6 times taller than the Comp Hill at Glamis, and steeper.
The dots at the bottom are sand vehicles.
This area at night is the equiv to the sandbar at the river except keep your open containers in a cup and low profile. Hand the keys to your vehicle to a non drinker, and don't sit on or in your vehicle with a drink in your hand.
A holes are hooked up and hauled off promptly.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB100049-med.JPG
My son resting in one of Dumonts "China Bowls", far north east corner of the dunes on Veterans day. Yamaha YFZ 450.
We pretty much had trhe dunes to ourselves.
This YFZ 450 is such a steamer I sold my built superfast 660 Raptor and bought one for me too.

Three Days Only
11-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Trailer Park Casanova
A holes are hooked up and hauled off promptly.
BoatFloatin,
Sounds like he's talking about G-Love. We are rolling out for sure, not getting up to the usaul spot until Thursday night late. Thanksgivings at our house this year. That will put David and I an hour closer. I know you will have a cocktail waiting. We can't wait to see the consturction hat and elvis glasses again. L8
3DO

BoatFloating
11-18-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
BoatFloatin,
Sounds like he's talking about G-Love. We are rolling out for sure, not getting up to the usaul spot until Thursday night late. Thanksgivings at our house this year. That will put David and I an hour closer. I know you will have a cocktail waiting. We can't wait to see the consturction hat and elvis glasses again. L8
3DO
See you on Thursday. Cock..........tail in hand.:)

BoatFloating
11-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Rocky, we too are planning on heading out for New Years. Probably going to head out Thursday-Sunday. Maybe Friday leave, who knows. I would like to get as much time in the dunes as possible.
We will be there on the Tuesday the 30th in little dunes, look us up.

BADBLOWN572
11-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Looking forward to heading up there this weekend. Just another tip that I found out last time out... Rangers don't think too highly of bottle rockets. Actually, they get pretty pissed!

hboldno7
11-18-2003, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trailer Park Casanova
[B]I'll check around and find out and get back on that.
The BLM is being strict with insurance so we had no poker run this year and this same policy may effect the drags.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB100051-med.JPG
That is One Big Ass Dune, Cool pic Tpc

BADBLOWN572
11-18-2003, 03:46 PM
We will be there on the Tuesday the 30th in little dunes, look us up.
Rocky, on the 30th we will be in Parker for the circle boat races. We are definitely going to be out in Dumont for New Years though!

BoatFloating
11-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Rocky, on the 30th we will be in Parker for the circle boat races. We are definitely going to be out in Dumont for New Years though!
Do I need to buy you a calendar? The 30th is Tuesday December 30th this is the New Years trip I was talking about. Hello McFly :)

phebus
11-18-2003, 08:34 PM
What is the low down on the new YFZ 450? How much do they sell for, and where is the best place in O.C. to get one? I sold my dirt bike after having back surgery, and I'm looking at getting a quad, so I can still ride with my daughter.
Thanks

Three Days Only
11-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by phebus
What is the low down on the new YFZ 450? How much do they sell for, and where is the best place in O.C. to get one? I sold my dirt bike after having back surgery, and I'm looking at getting a quad, so I can still ride with my daughter.
Thanks
Check out Yamaha in Laguna Niguel - They hooked me and some friends up last year on a Bikes way cheaper then anyone else would even consider.

phebus
11-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Check out Yamaha in Laguna Niguel - They hooked me and some friends up last year on a Bikes way cheaper then anyone else would even consider. I have bought several bikes from them in the past, and have used their shop to have machine work done, but... the last time I tried to deal with them Casey the very large (politically correct) salesman couldn't or wouldn't come close to other dealers out there. I'll give anyone a shot at my busines though, so I will contact him and see what he can do.

BoatFloating
11-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Thanks
I think the Retail is $6,800-$6,900 and they are selling as fast as they come in, so I doubt anyone will deal on the price right now. But wait till the new Honda 450R comes out in January the retail on that is $6,400 and I'm sure they will start dealing with the Yamaha 450. I'll take the Honda over the Yamaha any day......

bohica
11-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Buddy of mine just picked one up last week at Walts in Havasu. Best deal he found.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Thanks
I paid $6900 OTD each for the 2 YFZ 450 I bought.
That included 2 year extensions on the warranties.
Some dealers are getting up to 8 grand for them, most dealers are sold out until the first of the year.
The Honda 450 is a kick start.
The fit and finish on the Yami 450 is supurb.
When we went to Simi Honda 2 years ago to buy two Honda 400's, as they uncrated them, we notice several joints on the frame were not welded.
WE decided not to buy the Hondas and are glad we didnt. The Honda 400 was plagued with carburator problems, electrical and ignition problems, and was overall a pretty tired Quad.
I bought my son a Honda 250ex that was an excellent quad with an excellent resell value. I sold it for almost what I paid for it new and bought him the Yami 450.
I bought the Raptor that was a good quad, far better than the Honda, but both are now very dated by todays standards.
The Honda 450, and the Yami 450 will both be very good , fast and well built quads.
We didn't wait for the Honda 450 because it'll be a kick start.
But, from 4 decades of buying Hondas and Yamahas, I have found Honda generally honors it's warranties,, Yamaha does not.

BoatFloating
11-19-2003, 09:21 PM
That is the one thing that doesn't make sense to me is the kick start. I have heard from the tests that they are easy to start. But a out of shape guy like me might have problems towards the end of day. I was talking to a guy at Alba in Poway and they sell Honda's and Yamaha's both now and he said the Honda is the shit and the way to go. This coming from a guy who just bought the Honda franchise and has carried Yamaha's for ever. He also said some of the hardcore guys are coming and asking if the Yamaha has a kit to make theirs a kick start to save weight, The starting system adds 30lbs, I told tell the riders to lose a few pounds if weight is the issue. It shocked me to hear the electric start added 30lbs.:confused:

wrightnow
11-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
We will be at glamis that weekend. With all this crazy people:rolleyes:
CP, were are you camping at we are hoping to find a spot in the loops getting a late start this year not leaving until Wed.
Mark

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2003, 07:48 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB100052-med.JPG
One of the back china bowls at Dumont.

phebus
11-20-2003, 08:53 PM
That is the one thing that doesn't make sense to me is the kick start. I have heard from the tests that they are easy to start. But a out of shape guy like me might have problems towards the end of day. I was talking to a guy at Alba in Poway and they sell Honda's and Yamaha's both now and he said the Honda is the shit and the way to go. This coming from a guy who just bought the Honda franchise and has carried Yamaha's for ever. He also said some of the hardcore guys are coming and asking if the Yamaha has a kit to make theirs a kick start to save weight, The starting system adds 30lbs, I told tell the riders to lose a few pounds if weight is the issue. It shocked me to hear the electric start added 30lbs.:confused:
Kickstarting the CRF450 is a piece of cake compared to bikes of the past. I can't believe how easy it is. That said, I am an old fart with a bad back, and will still opt for an electric start any day. I am going to check out the Yamaha tomorrow.

hboldno7
11-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Anybody heading out to Dumont this weekend? We are heading ou early saturday....

Trailer Park Casanova
11-21-2003, 08:08 AM
http://www.sandbros.com/ridetrips/dumont02/dunescomp.jpg
Her's a pic shot from a distant dune back at the base of the comp hill area.

Flying Tiger
11-23-2003, 07:53 AM
In the past, one of the timing clubs ran one of the drags, and the Las vegas Jeep club runs both a hillclimb, and a timing kinda event too.
Both clubs have had low turnout lately, and one of the clubs want participants to be club members in order to run. A departure from the past,, and very unpopular with everyone,, so:
It's generally expected that on Friday the hillclimb may take place,, but other racing events could be determined on turnout.
Hope to see you guys out there.
- Ross
AKA TPC

TheLurker
11-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the info, Hope you diddent go to a lot of trouble to get it.
By the way your pics of the dunes look sweet. It looks like you and your son had them pretty much to yourselves that day.:D
Is he is feeling better after the run in you said he had with that car

Flying Tiger
11-23-2003, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the info, Hope you diddent go to a lot of trouble to get it.
By the way your pics of the dunes look sweet. It looks like you and your son had them pretty much to yourselves that day.:D
Is he is feeling better after the run in you said he had with that car
He's limping around,, but OK and the Dumont trip is still on.
Thanks for your kind concern.
We'll be there, Blue YFZ450, White YFZ 450, black GMC crewcab, 32' Prowler, green flashing strobe.
One of the Jeep clubs sometimes hands out maps (flyers) that can be really cool.
I've lost my last flyer but if you can get one it'll give directions to points of interest.
The gold mines, the creek run up to where a historic train wreck occured, the crash site of actress Carole Lombards plane (wife of Clark Gable, who's son is a duner), the Manson House where Sheriff Stevenson collared ol Charlie Manson himself.
By the way, Sheriff Stevenson (the guy who caught Manson) still works for the Sheriffs Dept and you sometimes can see him at Dumont.
OK, so much for Dumont trivia.
- Ross
AKA TPC

TheLurker
11-23-2003, 09:13 AM
TPC <-- A wealth of information

Flying Tiger
11-23-2003, 06:31 PM
http://www.americansandassociation.org/myalbum/albun42/PB100038.sized.jpg
Son checking out the camping flats from the back of a killer razorback near comp hill.
The farthest RV on the extreme left , near top of pic is ours.
One regular character we met at the Little Dunes is a guy name John. He stands about 6'7", has a high dollar RV, and always seems to be there with his family.
Excellent guy. He and his kids will clean up the dunes after a big weekend. They ride out and clean up campsites left trashy by ass holes.
He's a monster of a guy. Has frankenstein type suture scars on every joint, and his eye color is white. Ya look into his eyes and all you see are two black dots looking back at you.
His muscular arms are as big a round as my head, he probably benches 500#.
Rumor is he writes a mechanical help piece each month in Trailer Life Magazine, and owns a huge RV repair center in OC. I don't ask personal questions so damfino.
Anyway, the guy is one of the coolest people you could ever meet.
He usually stops by our campsite and shares a beer or two. His boys go duning, but John just sits in his beachchair and sucks in the dunes beauty with the ole eyeballs,, just happy to be there.
I mentioned once that from having a RV full of teenage girls, my water was running low.
He returned a few minutes later with a 55 gallon drum of fresh water and a 12V pump. Blindsided me, I never expected that.
There are really super people out there.

Havasubum
11-23-2003, 09:52 PM
well be there friday till sunday hopefully not sure yet
is there a fee that you have to pay like glamis? haven't been there in a couples year

Flying Tiger
11-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Nope, no fees yet.
It got suspended for now,, but eventually it'll come to pass.
My son and I will be there TDay at 5:00.
- Ross and Trevor.

BoatFloating
11-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Havasubum
well be there friday till sunday hopefully not sure yet
is there a fee that you have to pay like glamis? haven't been there in a couples year
As of now still free.

Havasubum
11-24-2003, 08:51 PM
thanks boatloating and flying tiger for the info
anyone know what the weather is going to be like?

BoatFloating
11-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Havasubum
thanks boatloating and flying tiger for the info
anyone know what the weather is going to be like?
Weather looks good. Go Here (http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/local_index.asp?zipcode=92309&partner=accuweather)

Flying Tiger
11-24-2003, 09:24 PM
40's at night, 70's day until Saturday, when the day temps will be in the low 60's.

Flying Tiger
11-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Friday Morning Group ride.
10:30 AM. Meet at the base of Comp Hill.
Buggies, 2 wheelers or quads.
- Ross
AKA Trailer Park Casanova

missboatnam1
11-25-2003, 08:45 AM
woow, looks like a blast....i love that place....it dosent get half as crazy as glamis.....i heard there is going to be planes with banners flysing all over glamis, about dui's or something to do with drinking :) i dont see how that is going to help much.....
well i got my 250 honda yesterdy, and im ready to go...;)
but it looks like parker this year!
you guys have a save and fun time....

BADBLOWN572
11-25-2003, 02:58 PM
Got back from Dumont Sunday night. It was nice out there. Little chilly at night, but the wind was up so the wind chill factor definitely applied. I was all happy when we entered. It seems that someone actually worked on the road comming in. No more major ruts and is smooth sailing all the way to the dunes. There is no charge for camping in the dunes, like Glamis. Hoping to head back there pretty soon as soon as I get the bike back together and get off crutches.

Flying Tiger
11-25-2003, 04:12 PM
It's the Friends of Dumont holding a flame under the BLM's ass to keep the road passable.
Last years contractor was a rip off, so a new one has been hired this year who so far is OK.
The Sierra Club is trying to shut down Dumont with other several extreme enviromental groups.
You can access info on the fight to keep Dumont Dunes open through a friends of Dumont link on the CORVA website.
They've shut down 80% of Pismo with lawsuits pending to close it all, they've shut down half of Glamis with a big push to shut down the rest,,
Sand Mountain is now under attack too.
Less than 1 in 2000 duners is actively involved in keeping the dunes open.
WWW.americansandassociation.org

BoatFloating
11-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Got back from Dumont Sunday night. It was nice out there. Little chilly at night, but the wind was up so the wind chill factor definitely applied. I was all happy when we entered. It seems that someone actually worked on the road comming in. No more major ruts and is smooth sailing all the way to the dunes. There is no charge for camping in the dunes, like Glamis. Hoping to head back there pretty soon as soon as I get the bike back together and get off crutches.
Danny, what hapened to you?????:eek:

Havasubum
11-25-2003, 09:13 PM
looks like i wont be going to dumont this weekand :( take some pictures so i can see what i missed out.

novaguy
11-26-2003, 12:59 AM
Man, seeing those pictures of Dumont bring back so many memories. My friends and I used to go to Dumont and Glamis. I always preferred Dumont because of the rasorbacks and the huge comp hill. I had a 83 250R ATC. I wish I still had friends that went dunnin....have fun. We used to burn old volkswagon engines because they were so bright. Does anyones still do that?

Flying Tiger
11-26-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by novaguy
We used to burn old volkswagon engines because they were so bright. Does anyones still do that?
We use to burn them too.
Now it's very illegal, and at Dumont means a trip to the jail in Shoshone. This weekend means sitting in the hole probably until Tuesday until one could expect arraignment and a bail set.
The law enforcement at Dumont is now very spread out, regimented and effective.
Zero tollerance on everything from flags and helmets to booze outside of your camp and fireworks.
Still fun though. I set up a Tiki Bar once a year and all the legends show up and it's a lot of fun. Host bar, bar be que, as long as everyone drinks in camp no problems.

hboldno7
11-26-2003, 08:22 AM
Danny, what hapened to you?????:eek:
Looks like a torn mcl, he will find out more at the orthopedic surgeon today....

BoatFloating
11-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by hboldno7
Looks like a torn mcl, he will find out more at the orthopedic surgeon today....
There goes his Dune year:frown: How did he wad up.

BADBLOWN572
11-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Well... luckily my MCL was not torn bad enough to require surgery. The doctor thinks that I can be back on a bike/quad sometime before new years. As for what happened, I don't exactly know. I know that I was on my 250 right at the base of Comp hill at Dumont and somehow the bike came right out from underneath me. I don't know if I hit something, but either way, I came down directly on my knee. It is pretty swolen and still hurts, but luckily no broken bones and no surgery required! Trust me as soon as I am off of crutches and back to being able to walk normal again, I will be heading out again.

TheLurker
11-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Flying Tiger
Friday Morning Group ride.
10:30 AM. Meet at the base of Comp Hill.
Buggies, 2 wheelers or quads.
- Ross
AKA Trailer Park Casanova
We wont be able to get there until about noon Friday, so I will take a rain check on the group ride.
Have fun everyone. Happy Turkey Day.

hboldno7
11-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Had a Great time last weekend. Here's a pic of Joe builing the fire
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/570P1010331-med.JPG
Here it is after a gallon on Gasoline
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/570Big_Fire-med.jpg
We had to sit like twenty feet away but it was nice and toasty.

Flying Tiger
11-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Yea, we saw your fire from a couple miles away.
The dunes were in pretty bad shape.. wet sand with lots of potholes and ruts. Needs a good windstorm for a few days, with a spell of dry weather.
We left this morning at 5:00 AM and a ambulance passed us heading in.
Perfect weather, just wet, ruff sand,, but thats the way it goes sometimes.
The drags and hillclimb materialized, not to many accidents around the dunes.
- Rosshttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB260056-med.JPG
Gettin ready to head to Dumont

OutCole'd
11-30-2003, 09:11 PM
I went from Vegas to san Diego for the holiday weekend and saw nothing but bad ass toys going the opposite way each time. Looked like everyone was heading towards Dumont. Wish I was there.