PDA

View Full Version : Bakersfield Results

Jim Anderson
11-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Does anyone have any results from Bakersfield. Just wondering.

GofastRacer
11-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Was wondering if you have any pics of the toy yet, would like to see it!..:)

MikeF
11-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah, Superdave and I were there!
Tony did very well in 2 of the classes that he drove in and set some records in the process!:D Although he did get beat the Hot Tub in the 7.50 bracket.:p
More MPD/DNE boats seemed to do pretty well too!:cool: :cool:
Congrats to Robert for points Champ for the year!! Way to go 77Charger!

superdave013
11-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Yeah, The Ski Flat he was driving did get beat in the 7.50 bracket by an un-blown fuel jet.
What's impressive is that the ski flat was able to make it in the finals in the 7.50 bracket.
I wonder what that boat would run with Hick's engine in it? I bet it would be to quick for that class. :D
I say Tony and Jeff Martin should go to smokin in the cove next year and show them boys how a flat can do the 1,000' dash! :eek: :eek:

superdave013
11-16-2003, 07:38 PM
The M&D 141 boat did very well for their first showing. Those guys did their homework and will do nothing but get better.
The Kuntts were out there in force and I think Jim Anderson was out there in the crowd with his son. Oh, his brother was there too.
Quick Shot kicked ass and looked like he was working for it in the final. Darrin, way to go. Looked bad ass when it was doing a little sponson walk right past the beach. Hey, that was me asking if you were the one who drove the Maddness boat. :D
I put to many faces with names to list.
But to name a few:
TR4
Whitey
T Bag
Bird Percher
Jim Brock
Jack @ MPD
Dave @ DNE
The Grose crew
Jim( billy b )Anderson :D
Larry( sangster ) Nebb :)
And it was good to see all the other friends I've made over the years and not seen in awhile

R.U. Knutts II
11-16-2003, 07:49 PM
A few of us knutts made the haul to see the guru do what he does best and set a few records to. Good job Toni! The BUZZ around the local bar Saturday night was Superdave013 is coming, maybe he's looking for a boat to shoe! Seen him to day rubbin' elbows with alot of influencual peoples in the West Coast drag boat world. Was happy to see some of the other knutts roaming around the place..Camera was out of film, sorry I couldn't get any pics..:rolleyes:

Cs19
11-16-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by MikeF
he did get beat by the Hot Tub:p
uh oh..
Sounds like a good time, bummed i missed it.Any idea who won PGJ , 10 sec. and 11 sec ? I cant find any results anywhere yet.

superdave013
11-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by cs19
uh oh..
Sounds like a good time, bummed i missed it.Any idea who won PGJ , 10 sec. and 11 sec ? I cant find any results anywhere yet.
I don't know what class it was but an old Hallett jet set up by MPD spanked a (crappy runnin) blown gas flats ass today in the final.
All of us v drive guys hung our heads low when that happened.
That Hallet was running good. single carb and thru hull exhaust and I think it was running 96 or so. I bet he ahd ski ropes and an anchor in the boat too! :eek!:

Cs19
11-16-2003, 08:29 PM
LMAO. Thats Tom bandy, he has the all time sleeper,runs on pump gas too!! I hear he goes down the track with his arm resting on the side of the boat like hes cruising down the river. :D . Man I wished I could have seen that.Tom is a really cool guy and he did alot of work on that boat.
Crappy runnin flatty...LOL.. no excuses, jet takes the win.:D J/K Glad you guys made it out and back safely.

Rusty Knutts
11-16-2003, 08:46 PM
Looked like Tom may of had some chips and dip going on in that last pass? Whay is it some boats just don't look fast, maybe the paint scheme or somethin'.. :rolleyes:

BILLY.B
11-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
The Kuntts were out there in force and I think Jim Anderson was out there in the crowd with his son. Oh, his brother was there to
I put to many faces with names to list.
But to name a few:
TR4
Whitey
T Bag
Bird Percher
Jim Brock
Jack @ MPD
Dave @ DNE
The Grose crew
Jim( billy b )Anderson :D
Larry( sangster ) Nebb :)
And it was good to see all the other friends I've made over the years and not seen in awhile What the "HELL" are you smoking SD??????. I wasn't even home when this thread was started so i'd suggest you try again there CHIEF !!!. Everyone knows that I go on as myself and not someone else like the LARRY NEBB'S (SUPER DAVE) of the world :rolleyes:

Screw loose
11-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Larry( sangster ) Nebb Bad call there Superdave013, I Met Larry Nebb this afternoon and he sure as hell is'nt sanngster cause I met him at Camp far west on Fathers day. Nebb was driving a Black chevy dually if I recall and sangster has a silver Ford F-350. I think?

jet4fun
11-16-2003, 08:59 PM
jim brock's boat (460) won the 8.50 bracket and took runner up in mod jet... also took high points for mod jet and runner up for points in the 8.50 bracket behind hammer's boat 030... not too bad considering we didnt even run in 2 races this year... best e.t. 8.60, best mph 125.5:D

superdave013
11-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
What the "HELL" are you smoking SD??????. I wasn't even home when this thread was started so i'd suggest you try again there CHIEF !!!. Everyone knows that I go on as myself and not someone else like the LARRY NEBB'S (SUPER DAVE) of the world :rolleyes:
Well, you left before I did.
yak yak yak.

superdave013
11-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by R.U. Knutts II
The BUZZ around the local bar Saturday night was Superdave013 is coming, maybe he's looking for a boat to shoe! Seen him to day rubbin' elbows with alot of influencual peoples in the West Coast drag boat world.
Ya know, I must be starting to rate as a Top Fuel Driver cooked my lunch today. :rolleyes:

superdave013
11-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Screw loose
Bad call there Superdave013, I Met Larry Nebb this afternoon and he sure as hell is'nt sanngster cause I met him at Camp far west on Fathers day. Nebb was driving a Black chevy dually if I recall and sangster has a silver Ford F-350. I think?
Hey, thanks for clearing that up.
Jim sangster Anderson
Larry billy b Nebb :D

superdave013
11-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
What the "HELL" are you smoking SD??????. I wasn't even home when this thread was started so i'd suggest you try again there CHIEF !!!. Everyone knows that I go on as myself and not someone else like the LARRY NEBB'S (SUPER DAVE) of the world :rolleyes:
I must have been smokin "cronic relief" orange :rolleyes:
Yo chief, I thought you said you only post in the morning?
You're slippin bill, you're slippin

Screw loose
11-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Hey, thanks for clearing that up.
Jim sangster Anderson
Larry billy b Nebb :D
That Sangster dude couldn't hold a candle to Jim Anderson! He be the 150mph man.

Kindsvater Flat
11-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Well, you left before I did.
yak yak yak.
Dave... I talked to Janice this afternoon and he wasn't home. She said that she had to do all the honey do's since he was at Bakersfield. Which is probably normal.:D

Rusty Knutts
11-16-2003, 10:01 PM
I had a good time this weekend meeting many of you Knutts and a few others from here. Guru it was good to finally meet you and you are right, you are the guy thats doing nothing in the pits. keep up the good work buddy! Billy B., Bobby B. and Jerry Griffen, I'm glad you guys got a chance to meet me. Smalls, T-bag and Flyte Risk looked lost without there boats??:confused: Superdave013, Mike F. looked to be having a great time and Sangster hope you get that kurtis running soon.. If the kid can't handle that thing rumor is theres a couple guys lookin' to shoe a Hydro, aint that right Superdave or was it guru? :confused: :confused:

BILLY.B
11-17-2003, 06:15 AM
Yo chief, I thought you said you only post in the morning?
You're slippin bill, you're slippin The only thing that i'm slippin on is your BULLSHIT LARRY, opps I mean SuperDave!!!:eek: . I call me going on last night "PROTECTION", cause I knew you'd start SHIT!!!.

1st Timer
11-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Bakersfield was a circus again. As i meandered around the pits undetected I noticed a few interesting details. First, there were some fine looking ladies cruisen the pits :eek: Secondly, while tipping a cold one at the beer booth (hitting on the Hotties) I overheard a conversation, I not going to get into the Who's and Where's of the conversation but every time 1st Timer was brought up it was weird everybody would suddenly stop and look around hoping to get a look, even a glimps of Me and all this time I was thinking to myself "Boy these people paid to get in here to see dragboat racing at its best, but more importantantly they were there to get a look at Me. It warmed my heart that so many cared.I heard billy b-bop was in da house be-boppin' around. This superdave guy took me forever to find, But he was selling some nice crack pipes.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9-6_90_swivel_resized.jpg

Sangster
11-17-2003, 07:51 AM
Sure don't take long for the shit to start flying in this hen house, Now that the seasons over all the racers can get there junk ready for CFW....Where Friendly people gather.....:D :D :D

Sangster
11-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Hey SD013, Mike F. Billy B. and Crew and the rest of you yahoo's it was good to see you all. Never did see 1st Timer, Jom Anderson, Larry Nebb or O.B. eddie ......There were reports of Knutt sightings but to tell you the truth, I woudn't know if one of them were to go by me wearing a drivers uniform, Black helmet, gloves, sitting in a White Flat heading to the in ramp..But what do I know....BTW...I thought they would have been "Taller".......

Itsahobby
11-17-2003, 08:43 AM
I love this place!:D
Originally posted by Sangster
Hey SD013, Mike F. Billy B. and Crew and the rest of you yahoo's it was good to see you all. Never did see 1st Timer, Jom Anderson, Larry Nebb or O.B. eddie ......There were reports of Knutt sightings but to tell you the truth, I woudn't know if one of them were to go by me wearing a drivers uniform, Black helmet, gloves, sitting in a White Flat heading to the in ramp..But what do I know....BTW...I thought they would have been "Taller".......

BILLY.B
11-18-2003, 06:41 AM
Hey SD013, Mike F. Billy B. and Crew and the rest of you yahoo's it was good to see you all. Never did see 1st Timer, Jom Anderson, Larry Nebb or O.B. eddie ......There were reports of Knutt sightings but to tell you the truth, I woudn't know who they were if they were "SWINGING" in front of my face .One of them i'm pretty sure went by me wearing a drivers uniform, Black helmet, gloves, sitting in a White Flat heading to the in ramp..But what do I know....BTW...I thought they would have been "Taller"....... Good to see you and Jeff there Rusty. Also known as...1sttimer...Jim Anderson..Larry Neeb. Boy it's amazing when cabin fever sets in Sangster comes to life in SO MANY ways. :eek: :D

Jetboatguru
11-18-2003, 07:40 AM
Hey SD013, Mike F. Billy B. and Crew and the rest of you yahoo's it was good to see you all. Never did see 1st Timer, Jom Anderson, Larry Nebb or O.B. eddie ......There were reports of Knutt sightings but to tell you the truth, I woudn't know who they were if they were "SWINGING" in front of my face .One of them i'm pretty sure went by me wearing a drivers uniform, Black helmet, gloves, sitting in a White Flat heading to the in ramp..But what do I know....BTW...I thought they would have been "Taller".......
Sangster, you should have looked up into their eyes while you had them swinging across your face.

Sangster
11-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Boy.... I'm Feelin' the LOVE here this Morning....:rolleyes:

blownmoney
11-19-2003, 09:09 AM
sangster, what page is your carbon fiber job on? theres a guy hbarneys site looking to do the same thing, or even the website addy to the place you get it.. thanks!

Sangster
11-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Blown Money I get stuff from here somtimes (http://www.fibreglast.com/showproducts-category-All+Products-0.html) or Tap Plastic's has Carbon Fiber and Carbon Kevlar....

Unchained
11-19-2003, 09:29 AM
The Kuntts were out there in force
I'd have liked to see that.:D