PDA

View Full Version : CFW New Years Day

blownalky557
11-17-2003, 10:30 AM
How many people plan to bring their jet boats to CFW on New Years Day?

Moose
11-17-2003, 02:41 PM
I hope to be there if I get the boat back together(rebuilding pump & new Ron Grose motor). I have a couple of friends that want to come, one with a blown Spectra and possibly another with a blown 19 Eliminator Datona.
Moose

cyclone
11-18-2003, 01:37 PM
Im kicking around the idea. My boat will be back together by then so i'd be down to freeze my nuts off and make some passes.

Heatseeker
11-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Moose and Mike, you guys should both show, boats or not!!! It's alot of fun regardless. I'm not taking mine out this year. I'm just going for the boat show/party this time!
Besides' I'd like to meet some more fellow Roger's owners!!!

LakesOnly
11-18-2003, 05:22 PM
Boat is turn-key and ready to go. I'll be there.
LO

LakesOnly
11-18-2003, 05:23 PM
(D/P)

Kindsvater Flat
11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Cyclone....
Maybe you could race this nitro burning drag star?
http://www.do-it-yourself-dragboat.com/images/DIY-dragboat-3/view-5.jpg

Heatseeker
11-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Man, K-flat, that boat is really beautiful now! That is the old Duel in the Sun boat, right?
Will it be at CFW? If so, and we can get blownalky557 to show, we might have a race to watch!!!

blownalky557
11-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Hey John,
I will be at CFW for a couple of test and tune passes only, this new setup is going to take a few outings to dial in, not to mention I need the seat time.

Kindsvater Flat
11-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Heatseeker
Man, K-flat, that boat is really beautiful now! That is the old Duel in the Sun boat, right?
Will it be at CFW? If so, and we can get blownalky557 to show, we might have a race to watch!!!
Yep thats the boat. If you want to see more of it click the dragboatrace.com link below and goto Ricks Race Shop. Lots of pics from beginning to end. And yes it will be there. There are also a couple of movies under Ricks Video of it, the top 2.

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Sounds like a perfect day to put the smack down on the naysayers, all the kick ass jet boats that some how cant ever seem to make it to the races can go prove their shit up there, of course there will be some reason.
Blown"never claimed to have a fast boat so shut yo pie hole"472:D :D :D

cyclone
11-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
Cyclone....
Maybe you could race this nitro burning drag star?
http://www.do-it-yourself-dragboat.com/images/DIY-dragboat-3/view-5.jpg
im bummed that he repainted it and didnt redo the original paint scheme. Its hardly recongnizable as a piece of history now. I did see the video of it running and it looks like it runs hard. He'd probably spank my boat. What's the top end on that thing?

cyclone
11-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Sounds like a perfect day to put the smack down on the naysayers, all the kick ass jet boats that some how cant ever seem to make it to the races can go prove their shit up there, of course there will be some reason.
still waiting for blown to haul his piece out to run with the rest of us instead of wasting everyone's time talking smack on the internet........

jackpunx
11-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Sorry about this.. But.. what is CFW?.. and where is it?
thanks in advance .. I did a search on it and was not able to come up with anything

BigBoyToys
11-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Sorry about this.. But.. what is CFW?.. and where is it?
thanks in advance .. I did a search on it and was not able to come up with anything
CFW is Camp Far West Reservoir and is located just north of Sacramento. It is a few miles from Lincoln, CA off of highway 65.

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Which part of this dont you understand????:D :D

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by cyclone
still waiting for blown to haul his piece out to run with the rest of us instead of wasting everyone's time talking smack on the internet........
And yours is apart why??

cyclone
11-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Which part of this dont you understand????:D :D
i understand perfectly that you're an authority on fast boats because you dont own one. :eek:

cyclone
11-19-2003, 10:41 AM
And yours is apart why??
its apart for the obvious reason. because i took it apart.

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 10:42 AM
its apart for the obvious reason. because i took it apart.
And why is that?? just one season on a motor and pulling it down, odd.

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 10:43 AM
i understand perfectly that you're an authority on fast boats because you dont own one. :eek:
Wow, it took you this long to figure it out.:D :D

cyclone
11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
And why is that?? just one season on a motor and pulling it down, odd.
i'm executing part 2 of my evil plan.

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 10:48 AM
i'm executing part 2 of my evil plan.
dude, if you are going to say that you have to have some sorta evil laugh.

cyclone
11-19-2003, 10:55 AM
no evil laugh required for this plan.

Windy
11-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Blown...why would HBjet and Cyclone running at CFW shut you up? They arent gonna get any time slips. Them running at the saturday nite drags at Lost Lake still keep the jabs coming from you and your buddy Omega.
If they make it there its just to have a good time...not to prove anything anyway :)

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 11:13 AM
From what I understand there will be a quarter mile set up and a radar gun, surely those two asshander boats will put some v drives to shame.:rolleyes:

Her454
11-19-2003, 12:27 PM
From what I understand there will be a quarter mile set up and a radar gun, surely those two asshander boats will put some v drives to shame.:rolleyes:
Blown, I hate to be the last one to know everything.....what thread did you hear this in?

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Blown, I hate to be the last one to know everything.....what thread did you hear this in?
None, just stirrin tha shit. OH wait, I am bringing my stuff out when I trailer out....:D :D :D

Her454
11-19-2003, 12:33 PM
None, just stirrin tha shit. OH wait, I am bringing my stuff out when I trailer out....:D :D :D
Well if you make the trip out you are GUARANTEED a nice airbrushed paddle. Just ask Guru what I mean.

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Well if you make the trip out you are GUARANTEED a nice airbrushed paddle. Just ask Guru what I mean.
I am warming up for winter.:devil: :devil:

Kindsvater Flat
11-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Cyclone the original paint was pretty rough and thats why it got painted. Plus the original setup had a hemi. I know he's over a 100. I'm kinda thinking about 110. I'm sure there is more power there but he is still in the R&D phase.

monkey rage frank
11-19-2003, 06:54 PM
you guys are talking about CFW what/where is that?

BigBoyToys
11-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by monkey rage frank
you guys are talking about CFW what/where is that?
Read my post on page 1 of this thread:rolleyes:

monkey rage frank
11-19-2003, 07:56 PM
hey big boy is this camp far west a place for all jets whats the deal can i bring my cole (even if i still have the wing on)

likwidsukr
11-19-2003, 08:16 PM
hey big boy is this camp far west a place for all jets whats the deal can i bring my cole (even if i still have the wing on)
Sounds kinky:D :D :D :D J\K LOL

blownalky557
11-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Do you have any pics you can post?

BigBoyToys
11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Bring it.... There will be V-Drives, Jets, OB's, Hydros, Flats V's, Daycruisers, etc. Anything and everything that you can drive on water:D A word of advice if you're gonna make the New Years Day event, be there EARLY and get a good spot that you can launch from the shoreline if you intend to put your boat in the water on New Years Day. It gets VERY crowded at the boat ramp, but it is no problem launching from the shore....
We camped out there for 5 days last year for the New Years day event. We won't be doing that this year but will probably just show up to watch.

BigBoyToys
11-19-2003, 09:24 PM
K-Flat has some pictures of last years event on his website at http://www.dragboatrace.com/cfw/index.htm There isn't a bunch of Jet boat pictures there but trust me....there was a bunch of Jet boats there. I think some folks from over at the Banderlog forum have some Jet Boat pics from last year's NYD CFW event.

GlastronGuy
11-20-2003, 11:36 AM
We will be there without the boat. Might bring the motorhome though. In case it rains.

LakesOnly
11-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Just got Wednesday December 31 off...this gives me time to pull into town and prep for the 1st.
Looking forward to it...
LO

LVjetboy
11-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Cyclone....maybe you could race this nitro-burning drag star?
Ya ok maybe he would? A NITRO burner vs a pump gas jet dude? I'd sure hope the nitro guy goes 100+ After all, most pump gas v-drive guys do 100. And most jet guys, let alone pump gas jet guys only do about 60 mph. Maybe 70 or 80 if they're lucking.
I'd say Cyclone will be kicking your butt Kindsvater.
And what's up with that big-ass tach on the dash? Like that's the only important and all other gages useless? So other gages weigh too much and cut NITRO burner's et? Good thing he doesn't have a cooler or another seat in that striped-down racer.
Just wondering.
jer

Kindsvater Flat
11-24-2003, 08:10 PM
I'd say Cyclone will be kicking your butt Kindsvater.
Where does it say I'm even bringing my boat? I'll be the first to admit my boat isn't fast. Pulls the kids on tubes just fine though.
And what's up with that big-ass tach on the dash? Like that's the only important and all other gages useless? So other gages weigh too much and cut NITRO burner's et? Good thing he doesn't have a cooler or another seat in that striped-down racer.
Everyone does shit different. BTW this boat usually has a cooler in it and packs extra fuel. Sure its only a 1 seater but its a river play boat right now. He has yet to race it and is continously spending time with it. It also spent time this year at the Havasu this year on there annual trip. When all the bugs are out I'm sure it will be just fine.