PDA

View Full Version : A Huge Shout Out!!!

MandDPerformance
11-17-2003, 12:25 PM
Yes it's official. The Lookie Lu finally put a rope deflector on and went to the drags; and boy did I have fun!!! However, without the help and hospitality from some of Drag Boat Racing's finest my, or should I say M and D's weekend, would have been not so fun. A sincere thanks goes out to all who made our weekend what it was and made the "Newcomers to Drag Boat Racing" feel right at home. The Scarlatta's get tons of thanks. Without them, "Tony especially", We wouldn't have done half the testing we did in order to make a decent 1st appearance; And I personally would still be going right. * Ron Grose Racing and DPT: The nicest and most knowledgable bunch of guys you could ever meet. And their props really do work. * Smalls for all of your help, You sure made it easy for a rookie driver to keep his cool and not worry about the boat. I'm there for you anytime. * Brian, Dale, and Herb: I'll pit next to you anytime. Thanks for all the pointers on the rope. Hey Dale, one of these days you'll get lucky. At the rodeo that is!!! * And to all of my friends, family, and new friends; I can't thank you enough for all of your help and support. You all made it possible for a river boat to run a best of 8.18 at 130 "and change" mph. I even came around on the lights; going from a .987 first round to a .090 on my last pass. We couldn't have done it without all of your help. :) :) :)

ssmike
11-17-2003, 02:21 PM
That's mighy impressive Tony. Good thing the ZZ Top boat stayed home.:D

T-Bag
11-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the impressive #'s and it was nice to get to meet Mand D can't wait til next year.......

smalls
11-17-2003, 03:29 PM
M&D, I had a great time helpin you guys out. I'm Stoked for you guys, Those are some pretty Impresive numbers to be turning for a River Boat:eek: Some pretty good driving too. I guess your the new owners of a Grose prop about know,,,, Looks like I will have to tune up the old ZZ.
Oh Ya Thanks for the Beenie it was an ear saver:eek:

Jetboatguru
11-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Very very impressive debut for the #141. We had a blast with you guys Tony. You did what you had to do and were not lazy when it came to working on getting the boat to run. Congrats to you and pops on an awesome weekend. Nice light in the bracket! I am also the proud wearer of an M and Performance beenie. I feel very fast when I am sporting it.:D

77charger
11-17-2003, 04:36 PM
I saw your boat run tony i was impressed with the numbers you pulled off.Now you will be out there every race.
Btw our crew had a good weekend also.

voodooCanoe
11-17-2003, 05:40 PM
M and D, all I can say is, HOLY CRAP! That is a very impressive ride! Nice job. 8.18 on your fist time out, that is what I call jumping in with both feet.

WILDERTHANU
11-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by MandDPerformance
Yes it's official. The Lookie Lu finally put a rope deflector on and went to the drags; and boy did I have fun!!! However, without the help and hospitality from some of Drag Boat Racing's finest my, or should I say M and D's weekend, would have been not so fun. A sincere thanks goes out to all who made our weekend what it was and made the "Newcomers to Drag Boat Racing" feel right at home. The Scarlatta's get tons of thanks. Without them, "Tony especially", We wouldn't have done half the testing we did in order to make a decent 1st appearance; And I personally would still be going right. * Ron Grose Racing and DPT: The nicest and most knowledgable bunch of guys you could ever meet. An
d their props really do work. * Smalls for all of your help, You sure made it easy for a rookie driver to keep his cool and not worry about the boat. I'm there for you anytime. * Brian, Dale, and Herb: I'll pit next to you anytime. Thanks for all the pointers on the rope. Hey Dale, one of these days you'll get lucky. At the rodeo that is!!! * And to all of my friends, family, and new friends; I can't thank you enough for all of your help and support. You all made it possible for a river boat to run a best of 8.18 at 130 "and change" mph. I even came around on the lights; going from a .987 first round to a .090 on my last pass. We couldn't have done it without all of your help. :) :) :)
Congratulations to you and your pop Tony! ! ! You guys have come so far with that boat, AWESOME JOB!!! Now its time to roll out the sand toys.....see ya at the river.

smalls
11-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ssmike
That's mighy impressive Tony. Good thing the ZZ Top boat stayed home.:D
MOVE ALONG TO THE DIRECT DRIVE FORUM PLEASE,,,,,,

BILLY.B
11-18-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by smalls
MOVE ALONG TO THE DIRECT DRIVE FORUM PLEASE,,,,,, Shouldn't it be SNMIKE :confused: instead of SSMIKE!!!. Great job Tony. You and your dad (SIR NICK) had to be flying high after this weekend.:cool:

smalls
11-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Shouldn't it be SNMIKE :confused: instead of SSMIKE!!!. Great job Tony. You and your dad (SIR NICK) had to be flying high after this weekend.:cool:
SN? Is that Ski Natique?