PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Lake Poker Run 6/12/06

uglyjohns
03-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Ugly John's 6th Annual Keystone Lake Poker Run is right around the corner! Come join us at Ugly's Grill & Bar on June 10, 2006!
Start saving your money and cleaning your boat, 'cause this is going to be a run to remember! Two courses (performance and leisure) offer something for everyone as we send you across scenic Keystone Lake in pursuit of the best poker hand!
Cash prizes, big take-home trophies, live music, door prizes, goodie bags, charity benefit and much, much more! Run with the best on Keystone this summer!
All entries received before April 8, 2006 will receive one free draw card ($20 value)! All entries received before June 3, 2006 avoid the $10 registration fee!
For more information, contact JP Scherer at 918-782-4414, jps@uglyjohns.com, or visit www.uglyjohns.com.

IMPATIENT 1
03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Keystone Lake In Okla.?there's A Keystone In Sand Springs,ok.your Id Doesn't Show Your Location.

DUECE'SDAD
03-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Sand springs area is correct, We were out there last year in a hydro at houseboat sand bar and it was pretty cool to see all the larger (25-35ft) boats zipping around the lake.

beyondhelpin
03-27-2006, 10:38 PM
When is the one on Grand. Have you guys changed how the cards are distributed. Was in the one on Grand 2 years ago and it left a bad taste.
I think the top hand was...........5 of a kind
Second was............................Straight flush
Third was...............................4 of a kind
This was out of about 250-300 hands. What are the odds for all 3 of those hands. Pretty astronomical. I did not enter expecting to win. Did it for the fun it. But I dont like the fact I never had a chance. If you guys have made it more secure I would be interested. If not ......good luck.
Ps I did win the one on Skiatook this year.

uglyjohns
03-28-2006, 10:12 AM
The Grand Lake event will be on August 12, 2006.
The Keystone Lake event is in Oklahoma, about thirty minutes west of Tulsa off Highway 64/412.
After receiving feedback from some upset participants two years ago, I changed the format for playing the game last year. We handed out custom-made poker chips at each stop. The chips were turned in at the last stop and exchanged for playing cards. All cards were dealt from one deck and shuffled back into the deck for the next hand. If a winning hand was dealt, matching jumbo playing cards were posted on the winners' board to show the new hand in lead. Everyone I spoke to last year said it was a good move. No one was upset about the format used. We will use the same format this year.
I would love to have everyone interested in this poker run to contact me about entering. This event is open to every boater interested. We have two courses: leisure and performance. This allows the casual boaters to participate and not be in the way of the speed demons. We have something for everyone at our poker runs. Don't forget the pre-party the night before!
Contact me at 918-782-4414 or jps@uglyjohns.com
JP

beyondhelpin
03-28-2006, 05:44 PM
I am glad you guys changed the format. Its sad that was required but the amount in the pot was enough to bring out the lowlifes. We had a blast at the last one we went to. We will more than likely do the Grand Poker Run.

uglyjohns
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Now is the time to return your COMPLETE entry form! The first complete entry form will win $100 at the event! We've received several entries without the payment or without the insurance verification, so there's still a chance to win the $100!
There's also a chance to get in on a free draw card ($20 value)! The deadline to receive one free draw card has been changed to April 22, 2006.
We're always looking for sponsors and participants for our events. If you're interested in coming to a poker run, bike rally, car show or raft up, contact me ASAP to get in on this!
JP