PDA

View Full Version : Not boatless on '04

RexRathburn
11-18-2003, 09:48 AM
I finally found it. A Stoker with decent colors in my price range! If you boat in Parker, you may have seen it before. That's where the previous owner did most of his boating. I test drove it at Elsinore last Saturday (it was cold, but better than sittin' on the couch) and I'm picking it up tonight. I can't wait until summer!
Hope to meet some of you in person...
Tom
http://members.cox.net/t_peterson/images/River/1995Stoker_side.jpg

Infomaniac
11-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Hey I lived in Poway when I was stationed at NAS Miramar. About 13 years ago. Do you know any of the Bartlett family?
Congrats on the boat.

RexRathburn
11-18-2003, 10:36 AM
Thanks Infomaniac!
I have lived here for about 25 years. I don't know anyone by the name of Bartlett though. My dad was in the Navy, worked at 32nd Street.

Up 4 River
11-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Congrats on your new boat! I do a lot of my boating in Parker and am sure I will recognize it this next summer. Now you just have to wait until then which will be the hard part.

RexRathburn
11-18-2003, 11:11 AM
Waiting will be the hard part, but I did want to get one in the off season so I could go out locally and get the hang of the tunnel/outboard before I take it someplace crowded. I've only owned V8/jets before, so this is whole new deal. It should be a lot of fun!
If you see me come on over...I alway have cold bulletts!

jackpunx
11-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Congrats!.. Welcome to the club.. I think I’ve seen the boat before.. sits very nice on the water.. Your going to be real happy with it.. These boats are amazing:D

jackpunx
11-18-2003, 11:16 AM
PS.. let me know if you want to come up..We will be boating all winter..and have never gone out with another stoker..

RexRathburn
11-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Sounds good and I will be in touch if I am coming out that way. I have another friend with a Stoker too...we can just make it a mini regatta!

jackpunx
11-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Nice!!.. for sure.. Let me know when you guys are going out.. I will come down for that.:D

STV_Keith
11-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Stoker with a 3.0l huh? Looks like a nice ride...should accelerate real good.
Personally, as soon as my rig is back together, I'll be out in Mead, Mojave, Havasu, Parker - wherever I can. I love this time of year...get the lake to yourself.
Anyway, better start planning to add the BBSP to your list of events for next year. It's a great get-together for the OB crowd.

jackpunx
11-18-2003, 01:28 PM
you heard right....

eliminatedsprinter
11-18-2003, 01:32 PM
My boat looks like a Stoker, on top.:wink:
I saw a pair of Stokers that looked like that one running up at pyramid a couple of years ago. :cool:
Got to tell you, I like those colors.:D That is one great looking boat!
Jackpunx is right. We do some of our best running up here in the off season. The water is calm and we have the lakes mostly to ourselves. Watch for our posts in Hot Spots West for when we go out if you want some good company.:cool: :D
P.S. My boat is a pad bottom Vee with the same deck as one of Stokers 20 ft models and It was rigged up by Stoker when it was made. It may not be near as fast but it is effecient and it handles great.:cool:

jackpunx
11-18-2003, 01:41 PM
SSSHHHh... ESprinter.... The story is.. "its really fast.. but I cant run it until I get better life ins"... Stick to the story.. :D
He's right.. we do have a killer group and we go all year..

RexRathburn
11-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Sounds cool, I will watch for the West forum and hook up with you guys. I think I should figure out how to drive the damn boat before I go spoutin' off about "spankin' big blocks", but I will definitely go out to watch and have a few cold ones.

STV_Keith
11-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
It's not going to be this year... I heard it's going to be a sad day for the OB crowd... LOL but that's just what I heard. :D
RD
Still gonna be fun.
Party Pooper.

eliminatedsprinter
11-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
SSSHHHh... ESprinter.... The story is.. "its really fast.. but I cant run it until I get better life ins"... Stick to the story.. :D
He's right.. we do have a killer group and we go all year..
That's the story for BBSP.;) Around here I play it down to keep it a sleeper.:rolleyes: I'm halfway into repainting my motor. When my motor looks better how much faster should I say it is?:D
Anyway we don't want to steal this thread, beacause it looks to me like it is about one tough boat, that will realy bring Rexrathburn a lot of fun for a long time.:cool:

UnionJack
11-18-2003, 02:35 PM
It is always a goo thing when you pick up your ride...