PDA

View Full Version : And you think you had a week?

gnarley
11-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Last week Wednesday, my dad had a stroke, not a regular stroke but what they call a mini stroke or TIA. About one-third of the people diagnosed with TIA will later have a stroke. However, about 80 to 90% of people who have a stroke secondary to atherosclerosis had TIA episodes before their stroke. Approximately one-third of the people with TIA will have recurrent TIAs, he says he's scared. :(
On Thursday Morning I get a Call from my mother in law in Rhode Island. My Wife's step dad died in his sleep Thursday morning, :( almost 25 years to the day her real dad died. :(
While I'm at the hospital later on Thursday with my dad a company called that I interviewed with to tell me I didn't get the job I interviewed for. I guess I shouldn't have been to surprised though, they had over 300 resumes sent in for the position & I was one of four that got an actual face to face interview.
Friday I played Taxi to take my wife to the airport when she panicked due to her flight being canceled due to weather just before we were to leave for her first flight. She was reticketed for an earlier flight but that meant we had to get there in about an hour and normal traffic on Friday would be almost 2 hours, We did it & did it safely, I don't know how.
Saturday I had Road Rage! :mad: I've had my car damaged 2 times before by people who don't watch other cars around them or are just shitty drivers, I'm tired of being a Fu*king target. Some guy passed me driving fast on a city street, OK no big deal it happens. Then he was slowed by traffic & as I caught the pack of traffic He suddenly turns hard into my lane, which forced me into the center lane to avoid being hit by him as I laid into the horn & almost rear ended another car turning.
I chased the ASSHOLE down passed him in the center lane and pulled in front of him & slammed my brakes on & parked in the #1 lane (fast lane)then got out & went back to his truck with the intention of picking a fight. I stopped myself after realizing what I was doing and a few words. I'm glad I don't pack a piece.
I realized I had a bad week & I didn't need to make it worse, I may have of ended up in jail for assault. It's been many years since I got this mad & could see how if someone had a gun they'd use it. What I learned was you donÂ’t know what will set you off or if your actions may be enough to set off someone else whoÂ’s not having a real good day or week. Maybe this guy was just a looser and had nothing to loose, I do and thought about it first. I will think about it more when I drive now, as someone in a car next to me might be in a real bad place and ready to go off.
Think about it

mmered8299
11-18-2003, 10:41 AM
You just entered the next step of maturity. It sucks to have to be responsible wife and kid, mortgage, ect. Back in the day it would have been no problem to drive my fist through his window and rip him out of the car and teach him about respect. But you canÂ’t do it now. Your family depends on you. You have to hold back. Bla Bla Bla.........**** it kick the shit out of him and then get a good lawyer! :D :D

rivercrazy
11-18-2003, 10:49 AM
I really hope your Dad is gonna be OK Gnarley. That sucks....

JetBoatRich
11-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear about all the issues this week. Good thing you got your senses before it got worst, they would have blames you.
Your Dad really needs to watch everything he does that will slow his blood flow. My Dad had his first stroke 7 years ago and about 4 more since then (from what the Dr.'s say) Get him the best care he can afford.
My dad is still alive and lives for today. Never know about tomorrow.
If you need to talk to someone about this illness give a PM or call. Take care of the family and our thoughts are with your Mother In-law and wife.

Ducatista
11-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Thats tuff gnarley, sorry to hear. As someone's signiture on this board reads: Lose your head and your ass is soon to follow!