PDA

View Full Version : Dosen't anyone make..

SS Havabrew
11-18-2003, 12:41 PM
3" dropped spindles for a Ford F-150? Been looking all over the web and no luck:mad: .
If anyone knows where I can get'm that would be great..... :D.
I have 3' dropped springs and those really suck as far as the ride goes.
I want to put the stock springs back in for the ride and so the geometry is correct again.
Keeping the alignment up has been an issue along with the tire wear.
Thanks!

fourspeednup
11-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Here's what I found on an f-150 forum:
"there are no drop spindles available for the 97+ F-150's. However you can get 2" lowered A-arms though!"
From what I read, the lowered a-arms sound like the hot setup for the guys who don't want the alignment probs with short springs
:cool:

SS Havabrew
11-18-2003, 02:07 PM
That's what I was worried about.
2 ain't low enough seeing I already have the rear dropped 4". Looks like I go with the upper and lower control arms
( 2" drop) and
2" coil springs for a 4" drop.
With that being said, now it looks like I'll have to drop the rear further. Looks like a C notch is coming my way damit.
Thanks fourspeed for the input :cool:

fourspeednup
11-18-2003, 06:40 PM
It's been awhile since I've lowered, but I think it comes second nature to me. ;)
Been in the lift mode recently:cool:
Sounds like you aren't afraid of doing some real fabrication(or spend $$$) if you're looking into a c-notch
How far out of the picture is an air bag setup? Keep it conservative when you're drivin to keep the alignment true, then dump it while cruisin.
4-way adjustable is tits for towing too. 2-way is kinda sketchy (serious body roll and sway!)
:eek:

Mullet
11-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Did you try here?
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/suspension.html?engine=overture&keyword=bell+tech
If anyone makes a drop for a ford it is going to be bell tech.

j-rod
11-18-2003, 07:33 PM
I would try Trader Trucks off 605 in Whitter that's where I got my GMC dropped for about 1500 all Bell Tech :)

SS Havabrew
11-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
It's been awhile since I've lowered, but I think it comes second nature to me. ;)
Been in the lift mode recently:cool:
Sounds like you aren't afraid of doing some real fabrication(or spend $$$) if you're looking into a c-notch
How far out of the picture is an air bag setup? Keep it conservative when you're drivin to keep the alignment true, then dump it while cruisin.
4-way adjustable is tits for towing too. 2-way is kinda sketchy (serious body roll and sway!)
:eek:
I know what you mean about the lift mode. lifted the Excursion 8" a while back..looks sweet!
I am just trying to get the best bang for the buck. And your right..nobody makes spindles for my year. I am now driving about 120 miles (Round Trip) to and from work so I need a good ride that is safe as well as cool looking:cool:. Usually doing about 85 or 90 MPH until I hit the 91 frwy then it's a crawl, so ride is REALLY important. I found some pretty nice kits out there for around a grand - the shocks. I found it at stylin.com. Good stuff.
Thanks all!:D