PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guru

Blown 472
11-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Two things,
first off if you are this hot flat bottom shoe, why the name Jetboatguru??
Secondly, what is the dealio with an airbrushed paddle??

Sangster
11-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Dude..Shhhhh......He's "Incognito".......:D :D :D

Jetboatguru
11-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Blown, when I first started coming to the forums back in 2001 the V drive board was pretty much non existent. There were a few posts here and there but nothing near what it is today. The Jetboat section was the happening place. River Dave was the prominant poster and I had taken issue with one of his stances on a thread. So I joined but I figured I needed to sound like I knew what I was talking about. Hence the name Jetboatguru. It has stuck ever since and it is the only name that I use on here.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The airbrushed paddle was an award given to the Top "Shit Stirrer" at the Camp Far West bash on Fathers Day. Her 454 presented it to me and it is actually a nice paddle. I hung it proudly on the wall in the garage.
So why do they call you Blown 472?
You haven't really...................? :( :frown:

Sangster
11-19-2003, 04:28 PM
It has stuck ever since and it is the only name that I use on here.
.............................. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/thumb.gif Scheessss's http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/thumb.gif

Her454
11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Jetboatguru
Her 454 presented it to me and it is actually a nice paddle. I hung it proudly on the wall in the garage.
.....and I should have had it made alot larger..........:D

Jetboatguru
11-19-2003, 04:36 PM
I should have taken you over my knee and used it on you:eek!:

Larry Nebb
11-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Gee, I thought you really had a jetboat.

Sangerboy
11-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Blown, when I first started coming to the forums back in 2001 the V drive board was pretty much non existent. There were a few posts here and there but nothing near what it is today. The Jetboat section was the happening place. River Dave was the prominant poster and I had taken issue with one of his stances on a thread. So I joined but I figured I needed to sound like I knew what I was talking about. Hence the name Jetboatguru. It has stuck ever since and it is the only name that I use on here.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Shoot, that's almost as cute as how "Potsie" got his name on "Happy Days":D BTW I'd wondered that question a time or two. Such great info available on these boards:rolleyes:

BILLY.B
11-20-2003, 06:43 AM
You haven't really...................? :( :frown: I've said it many times Kato (JBG), your a beauty.... :D

Blown 472
11-20-2003, 06:54 AM
The airbrushed paddle was an award given to the Top "Shit Stirrer" at the Camp Far West bash on Fathers Day. Her 454 presented it to me and it is actually a nice paddle. I hung it proudly on the wall in the garage.
You haven't really...................? :( :frown:
workin on it.

Windy
11-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Put him back in check Guru ;)

Blown 472
11-21-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
Put in back in check Guru ;)
Dont you have to go defend your magazine article motor??

Windy
11-21-2003, 11:57 AM
UH...NOPE

superdave013
11-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Dont you have to go defend your magazine article motor??
That engine needs no defence. All ya have to do is go to a west coast drag race and look at who's doing well in the jet boat classes. More often then not they are running DNE power with an MPD pump/boat set up.
I got to meet those guys last weekend. They don't make excuses. They just show up, race and do well.

Blown 472
11-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
That engine needs no defence. All ya have to do is go to a west coast drag race and look at who's doing well in the jet boat classes. More often then not they are running DNE power with an MPD pump/boat set up.
I got to meet those guys last weekend. They don't make excuses. They just show up, race and do well.
Oh really? so where was hbjet? I am not talking about the rest of the dne fleet just one.

Jetboatguru
11-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Put HIM back in check Windy!!
Dont take that. Blown, you are no match for the rather dreamy one.:D

Blown 472
11-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Put HIM back in check Windy!!
Dont take that. Blown, you are no match for the rather dreamy one.:D

Windy
11-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Oh really? so where was hbjet? I am not talking about the rest of the dne fleet just one.
Having fun on the river with a F'd up impeller.

superdave013
11-21-2003, 12:45 PM
I just gotta ask. Have you ever raced your glastron? If not, why? If so what's it run?

Blown 472
11-21-2003, 12:50 PM
see bench racers.

Windy
11-21-2003, 01:03 PM
When did HBjet ever claim his boat is a race boat...and spam is something your trying to sell :confused:

superdave013
11-21-2003, 01:05 PM
calm down now JR. I was just asking. I know you race your car so I thought you would have taken your boat through the lights if for no other reason but to see how fast it was.
Last weekend some guy had an old Hallet jetboat at the races. Single carb, thru transom exhaust. The ****er was running 96MPH. Total sleeper. I won't even say who built the engine as I don't want to get on any spam band wagon unless it's spamming my own shit...now would I :D

Blown 472
11-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
calm down now JR. I was just asking. I know you race your car so I thought you would have taken your boat through the lights if for no other reason but to see how fast it was.
Last weekend some guy had an old Hallet jetboat at the races. Single carb, thru transom exhaust. The ****er was running 96MPH. Total sleeper. I won't even say who built the engine as I don't want to get on any spam band wagon unless it's spamming my own shit...now would I :D
Sorry if I came across that way, If I could race it I would but due to where I live they dont have drags here. :(

HavasuDreamin'
11-21-2003, 01:59 PM
A pleasant jet boat discussion in the v-drive thread. :eek: