PDA

View Full Version : Glamis Thanksgiving?

Havasu47
11-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Anyone going to Glamis for Thanksgiving?

77charger
11-19-2003, 06:55 PM
MOST LIKELY.

anxious
11-19-2003, 09:55 PM
be there tuesday morning through sat nite:D staying at roadrunner

Boatmaster
11-19-2003, 10:05 PM
I went every year , but just do not have the time for that drive from Nor-Cal. Some oneplease take some pics, I really miss that place. :frown:

wrightnow
11-19-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by anxious
be there tuesday morning through sat nite:D staying at roadrunner
Anxious, how big of a group do you have and I take it someone is roping off space for you.
Do you think you could fit one more in, We are coming out Wed. afternoon and was looking for a spot...any help..
It will be just my two boys and my self, also 40ft trailer..
Thanks
mark

Havasu47
11-19-2003, 11:53 PM
still trying to decdide. We've gone every year as long as I can remember. Can't go this year until after dinner Thurs. No way to get our usual spot at pad 4. :confused: :confused:

HAULNZ
11-20-2003, 07:09 AM
We went last weekend. The weather was great, warm during the day, but still cold enough to have a fire at night. Make sure you get your camping passes. The rangers were checking them. They had a road block coming out of the wash road behind the store.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
11-20-2003, 08:22 AM
We will be out off Gecko.I was out there for Oct 31. Pretty crazy. Everyone went to Old's at night. It was like Comp use to be.It got too wild for me so we left. All the rangers sat on the outskirts of Olds and did nothing while a group of guys beat the crap out of one guy then ran up and down the rows driving all crazy like they owned the place, but what a great riding trip.Just stay away from the crazies. Dunes were all smooth.People are taking the camping pass machines right out of the ground.:mad: :mad: Pic of my chevy.It says A Family Tradition on the back and we will be out with a 92 black crew cab ford on 40's so if you see us stop by for a cold one.

bohica
11-20-2003, 09:57 AM
Havasu47,
Feel free to camp with us in wash 13.5 with all the other Glamisdunes.com peeps. Lots of people are coming after t-day dinner. I'll be there from Weds. afternoon till Sunday. Look for the blue flamed Funco in camp if you show. Gecko has been packed for 2 weeks now, everyone has been dropping their rigs off and just leaving them there for t-day.:D

wrightnow
11-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Yea, We like camping at gecko also, not sure if we will get a spot since we arn't leaving until Wed afternoon.
I have 2003 f250 with California Performance sticker on the back window, if you see it stop by also, I will keep my eyes open for you.
What day are you heading out?
Mark
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1000Dsc03205-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1000Dsc03204-med.jpg

unleashed
11-20-2003, 11:03 AM
I'll be out there on Vendors row. Look for the Unleashed booth. This weekend and Tday through Sunday of next week. Say you're from ***boat and I'll give you a beenie.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

GrapeApe
11-20-2003, 11:23 AM
The Deepsand.net Crew Seems to lock up Gecko Loop every year.
It is Crazy out there on the Big Holiday Weekends though. I use to go to Lake Martinez For Thanksgiving, then Glamis for the Weekend.
*** Grape Ape ***

Havasu47
11-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bohica
Havasu47,
Feel free to camp with us in wash 13.5 with all the other Glamisdunes.com peeps. Lots of people are coming after t-day dinner. I'll be there from Weds. afternoon till Sunday. Look for the blue flamed Funco in camp if you show. Gecko has been packed for 2 weeks now, everyone has been dropping their rigs off and just leaving them there for t-day.:D
Thanks Bohica,
I appreciate the offer. If we decide to come out you'll probably see us Thursday afternoon. We'll be in a 34' Bounder with a 32' Top Line trailer. It is 72' over all, enough room to turn around, etc.? Never camped by the washes, I am guessing that 13.5 means the first camp area past the 13th wash?

bohica
11-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Havasu47,
No problem with a rig your size. Wash road was graded about a month ago, so it's a nice smooth drive for now. When you reach wash 13, go at a 45 degree angle towards the back of the wash, kinda between 13 & 14. Wash is pretty hardpack so no need to worry about getting stuck. Camp will be pretty big, I'm in a 32' Winnebago Adventuer with and enclosed. Everyone is real friendly, just introduce yourself and make yourself at home. Check out the board at glamisdunes.com, plenty of info on whats planned for the weekend. Hope to see you out there.
:D

GrapeApe
11-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Bohica,
Tell Wayno/Kerin & Peggy/Larry that Grape Ape said Hello. Have a safe trip...
*** Grape Ape ***

bohica
11-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by GrapeApe
Bohica,
Tell Wayno/Kerin & Peggy/Larry that Grape Ape said Hello. Have a safe trip...
*** Grape Ape ***
Will do, that's if Wayno gets his buggy fixed. Last two trips out he's broken a tranny and now a motor. I'm sure we'll run into Rubths and the rest of the Deepsanders next wekend as well,