PDA

View Full Version : What qualifies as Hot Boat status?

MaddMan
05-13-2001, 09:35 PM
So where do you guys draw the line on what is considered to be a "Hot Boat"? I'm an ex-drag racer (auto) and a gear head, but I dont own a "fast" boat. I get the most out of my boat,and plan to move into a true "go fast" eventually. So can I play, or do I have to wait until I can break the 70 mph mark??
David

spectras only
05-14-2001, 08:40 AM
In the past, the landmark for a hot boat was,that was able to run a true 60MPH.Nowdays a lot of jetboats can do that,and the sterndrives will exceed that easily.Also the boat had to be somewhat of a semicustom with the look.

Racing Ray
05-14-2001, 02:10 PM
[This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

MaddMan
05-14-2001, 08:56 PM
I have a 20' Chaparral bowrider...not your average Hot Boat! LOL! But, as an owner of an audio shop and hobby graphics and paint man, as well as a gear head, its a pretty sporty boat. Upper 50's (gps) with the 25" ss 3 blade, and with the High-5 21", we ski 5 people at once. It's amazing the goodies you can get for a 4.3 V6!! I've got an extra motor I plan to "play" with...those little rascals will turn up quick with about 12 lbs of boost! Oh, well, maybe I can get in the low 60's then. I need about 600 rpm more to hit 60, so who knows...
Do you guys ever use a chat room? You can ask and answer questions much quicker that way...just a thought.
Thanks...
David

sutphenman
05-31-2001, 07:11 PM
if a nice looking young lady sees it and says "nice boat" its probably a "HOT BOAT"

slowride
06-19-2001, 03:34 AM
If you don't have to race a canoe to win,
your in. Some would say, if you can't beat
a wave runner. YOUR OUT !!!
slowride

Total Chaos
06-21-2001, 05:57 PM
If my wife likes it does that mean I have a HOT BOAT?
Paul

Craig
06-28-2001, 10:12 AM
This is always an interesting topic. I compare Hot Boats to Hot Rods. I think that it's something someone has taken the time to customize to their tastes using their skill. It can be as simple as a few bolt ons which just about anyone can do, or a full blown monster that they bolt in. I've never been a big fan of the "check book" boat. Just make a call and have someone else do all the work and research. I think a Bayliner with a blown 454 that the owner did most of the work on is way more of a "Hot Boat" then someone who orders a boat with a stock HP500, even if it is faster then the Bayliner. It's not what you bought, it's what you built. Just my opinion though http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Craig

boatnam2
06-29-2001, 01:33 PM
hey maddman,ive had a 1964 starcraft with a 65 horse outboard to my current boat a 26ft american offshore and everything in between and they may have not been all hot boats but if they get you to the river and you have a good time who cares.hot boating consists of what you like what you can afford and enjoying boating with all kinds of great people that enjoy the same thing you do.boatnam2

MrHavasuCat
07-02-2001, 09:24 PM
Well said boatnam.