PDA

View Full Version : Black Man Arrested By Lapd Wins 32 Mil

Kilrtoy
11-19-2003, 10:28 PM
You have got to be kidding me
He is in a rental car,
that the rent a car company reported stolen.
So let me under stand this,
A guy rents a car,
the company reports it stolen
then the cops see the car
he happens to be black and he gets arrested.
This is BULLSHIT
how are the cops guilty,
How does this affect you, 32 million ways that is how.
The man claims it was because he is black..........:confused: :confused: :confused:

anxious
11-19-2003, 10:31 PM
how many were on the jury:confused:

fourspeednup
11-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Don't you watch cops? They're all innocent victims that didn't do anything wrong:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Kilrtoy
11-19-2003, 10:55 PM
by the verdict 12 of his friends..................

Freak
11-20-2003, 04:55 AM
I hope to live to see the day when the race card is played OUT! Sick of it......

BADBLOWN572
11-20-2003, 06:30 AM
I too am sick of the race card!
What pisses me off, which could offend a lot of people, is that a lot of minorities want the race card kept in place, but say that it is gone. They always blame race for anything bad that happens, but at the same time, they want the race card in place for quotas, and other perks that go along with being a member of a certain social class.
For example, a friend of mine graduated #2 from the police accademy, yet was unable to get a job becaus the departments already had too many white officers. A minority got the job because of his race, yet when they got in trouble for improper procedure and goofing off, he blamed it on his race and took it to human resources protesting saying that they were picking on him because of his ethnicity. HE WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN THE JOB IF NOT FOR HIS ETHNICITY!
Don't take this as I am bashing all minorities. It is just the opposite. Many of my friends who are minorities get upset because a few of thier class give the rest a bad reputation.

Essex502
11-20-2003, 06:36 AM
We're all as equal as Johnnie "Cockroach" and Al "Sharp-as-a-tack" want us to be. And...don't forget Jessie "I never worked a day in my life" Jackoff.

diggler
11-20-2003, 06:43 AM
I have an interesting perspective on the race card. I'm half Korean, half Dutch. I don't look asian, but you better bet your ass that getting into college and qualifying for scholarships I used that to my advantage!
There is a fundamental difference between using the race card for gain to improve oneself versus using the race card to deny personal responsibility for one's own actions though.
I believe that personal culpability rests on the integrity of the person and that if they cannot own up to their own mistakes, then they suck ass, regardless of what color they are.
Ok, off the soap-box.

Freak
11-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Yep... that crap happens here at work also. Example...We put out a job opening. We reviewed the applicants and picked one that was most qualified. A minority applicant contested the hiring process because he did not get the job. He stated it was race related. HR wants us to hire the less qualified applicant because our employee population is majority Caucasian. The new less qualified employee proceeds to goof off during his 6mth probation period so we write him up to terminate him. He contests the termination stating it was race related and wins. Now we just do not expect anything of him - he wins again. :mad: I have a one on one talk with him to ask what exactly is his problem. He states "no problem you just owed me the job and you can't get rid of me"
It's a no win situation...
Owed the job based on race and not qualifications....what is up with that???? I understand majorities of minority’s do not have the same level of education (opportunities) offered to them, but I am supposed to make concessions for that in the business arena? Talk about a setup for failure.
I hate this warm and fuzzy world we live in.

cigarette1
11-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
You have got to be kidding me
He is in a rental car,
that the rent a car company reported stolen.
So let me under stand this,
A guy rents a car,
the company reports it stolen
then the cops see the car
he happens to be black and he gets arrested.
This is BULLSHIT
how are the cops guilty,
How does this affect you, 32 million ways that is how.
The man claims it was because he is black..........:confused: :confused: :confused:
I sure you are happy with the responses you got by starting this BS thread.
I don't know what your motives are, but if you were honest, you would have told the whole story.
:rolleyes:

CA Stu
11-20-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm sure that's the whole story.
Black man gets pulled over, jury awards 32 million.
I need some shoe polish, I'm gonna be black from now on. ;)
Puh-leeze. I'm sure there's a whole lot more to it than that, and I hope that award gets tossed. If the LAPD kicked the guy's ass, give him $5.
$32 mil is an ungodly amount of loot for anything.
There is no way in hell anyone deserves to be made a multi millionaire over any violation of any rights, real or perceived.
Look at Rodney King. Give an asshole money, he's still an asshole.
That jury must have had its head a mile up its ass, and there must have been a good lawyer involved there. Put me on the jury. LAPD kicked his ass? He probably deserved it. Give him another ass kicking and $5 and have him hit the road.
Peace Out
CA Stu
PS Does anyone on the boards watch Dave Chapelle?
The Mad Real World? get the **** out of here...

CA Stu
11-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Freak
Yep... that crap happens here at work also. Example...We put out a job opening. We reviewed the applicants and picked one that was most qualified. A minority applicant contested the hiring process because he did not get the job. He stated it was race related. HR wants us to hire the less qualified applicant because our employee population is majority Caucasian. The new less qualified employee proceeds to goof off during his 6mth probation period so we write him up to terminate him. He contests the termination stating it was race related and wins. Now we just do not expect anything of him - he wins again. :mad: I have a one on one talk with him to ask what exactly is his problem. He states "no problem you just owed me the job and you can't get rid of me"
It's a no win situation...
Easy solution: Send him to LA and rent him a car.
CA Stu

miller19j
11-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by cigarette1
I don't know what your motives are, but if you were honest, you would have told the whole story.
:rolleyes: What is the whole story in this case?

Essex502
11-20-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by miller19j
What is the whole story in this case?
From what I heard on the news last night...the guy was a surgeon at a conference. He claimed (and the jury musta' bought the claim) that when the officers put the handcuffs on him they were too tight and did permanent damage to his hands and wrists - thus preventing him from working as a surgeon.
The country won't be color blind until all people - white, black, brown, yellow and red - are color blind. Every time the "race card" is used - for good or bad - alienates someone. It gives ammunition to the rednecks to continue the race BS. However, having said that, it isn't to the advantage of some to stop using the race card. You know who they are.

RiverToysJas
11-20-2003, 10:03 AM
LA City has to pay that, right? Wouldn't of happened with an Orange County jury.... :rolleyes:

miller19j
11-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Not in my eyes... Personally I think using the race card for anything personal gain or not is bullshit.. I couldn’t agree more!
Miller(Anglo-Germanic-Born in Pasadena-USA)19j

diggler
11-20-2003, 10:12 AM
I don't agree with the rules myself either. However, being an opportunist, I will take advantage of the system when allowed.
At least for education, (I'm on my fourth degree now), I like to think I'll be able to give back to the system much more than I was given initially for the opportunity to be where I am.
This brings us back to the race issue. I'll make a naive statement in that, if there were just as many blacks, latinos, asians, what have you... graduating from college as there are whites, wouldn't you expect the distinction between ethnicities diminish? I believe that class distinction between minorities and whites is much more impactive than an actual ethnic distinction. Remove the economic class distinction, and maybe you'll see less of a race card being played.
Of course, this does take on a purely idealistic viewpoint, but hey!, I'm under 40 and I still have dreams!

LOWRIVER2
11-20-2003, 11:42 AM
The jury directed Budget to pay 18.8 million, The city to pay 14.2 million. What the TV news did'nt say was that after all the surgeon's attorney's hype about racial profiling, no charges were EVER filed against the officers or LAPD for racial profiling. The damages were awarded for the handcuffs being too tight and the fact the officers did not "double lock" the cuffs, thus allowing the cuffs to tighten up while the guy leaned back on them in the cruiser. Budget got their hit for putting plates on a car that they had reported as stolen earlier in the year.
The L.A. City Attorney should appeal, probably won't and that's a Risk Management decision, which, based on the make up of jury pools in LA, probably is'nt a bad idea.
Let's not forget the 2 million awarded to the guy's wife for loss of "consortium".
The funny thing, the jurors questioned in the article thought the driver should not have been made to lie on the ground. Sorry, you drive a car with stolen plates in LA, when we pull you over, you will get ordered to the ground until we search the car for potential suspects/weapons and your person. That's tactical superiority that keep's us alive. I'm glad Budget got spanked for screwing up.
On a more somber note, I just spent the last 12 hours rousting a neighborhood for the ass punk who killed the Burbank officer Sat. night,
He was shot 12 times by the suspect and his associate who fired 30 rounds at two officers in less than 30 seconds. Both suspects had 2 handguns each and a loaded AR-15 in the back seat.
What were these officers doing? A TRAFFIC STOP.
I'm preaching to the choir here but stolen cars and cars with no plates on them (Burbank stop), can and often are, very dangerous, race has nothing to do with stopping either of the two scenarios mentioned above.

diggler
11-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Well in the interest of a good debate I'll argue the points with ya.. (That and there isn't anything else going on that's worth reading on the boards right now)
Explain to me your theory on this in a little more detail.
From what I'm reading here, I'm thinking that you are of the opinion that if we made a flat balance of the races in the institutions of higher learning that it would help to balance the economic class distinctions between them resulting in the end of the race card?
Is that what your saying?
RD <--- not fully understanding the meaning of the last post & before I argue the points I want to make sure we're on the same page.
Nope, not thinking of forcing a flattening out of ethnic representation in college at all. All I'm saying that there is a correlation between graduation rates and economic status. Bounce that off of population percentages and you'll see there is a disparity.
Now.. let me make one thing very, very clear. I do not believe in affirmative action. I do not believe we should give, what at least myself perceives, a hand-out to give unfair advantage to any one specific ethnic group. However, I do believe that scholarships and grants are a worthwhile endeavor to get a student into school IF they are economically disadvantaged and IF they are motivated to work.
Just a quick case study... I grew up in Detroit. I think today's population is around 2million, of which over 50% represent some other ethnicity besides "white." Of these 2million folks, only 15% ever earned a Bachelor's degree or higher.
Keep in mind, I'm just finding correlations, and NOT direct causation.
Detroit's a pretty shitty city, believe me, I lived there for 30+ years. It is economically depressed, primarily minorities live in the inner city. These folks are not going on to higher education, thus perpetuating to a certain degree, a resulting lower economic status. (remember Eminem came from here too ). Now, let's just say hypothetically, this is an area where the demographics are the same, except there is an unusually high percentage of folks that went to college. As a result, the local economy is better, crime rates are down, and quality of life is pretty good.
This essentially removes a class distinction between the outer generically white suburbs and the inner city, and could lead to just an ethnic distinction which COULD lead to less measures taken such as affirmative action.
whew!:D

miller19j
11-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Have you ever thought that the reason for the low economic status is lack of drive and ambition?
My grandparents immigrated to this country and had nothing to start with. My grandfather worked his way through school and eventually got and Engineering Degree and became a successful Engineer. He saved his money and invested wisely. When he retired he was able to live comfortably. He was also able to put his son through school.
Make no mistake he was at the bottom of the economic latter when he started but with drive and ambition he built himself up. There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing the same thing if they want it.

SERIOUS ISSUES
11-20-2003, 12:21 PM
I have a good one for this post.
a friend of mine in the Army was as white as white get's. he used to put African American on all his forms and applications. He felt he was able to due so, after all he was born in Africa. it used to piss of the comander but nothing could be done to him. He was African American.
The payoff was not bad. he made rank faster than me and also got his school paid for (I had to pay 50%). I never got mad, it was nice to see a true African American get a bone tossed to him.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
11-20-2003, 12:21 PM
there are plenty of degreed door greaters at Wal-mart.......;) I think the motivation to work out weighs education. I started out in a blue collar job as an assembly mechanic for an offshore oil tool equipment. I now am a plant designer for an engineering company in a white collar job. I did this without college. the point I am trying to make here is that college is not a deciding factor in where an individual will end up in society. I think attitude, work ethic, and self determination is what seperates the masses.
Omega

Essex502
11-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Drive and ambition are huge factors. I grew up in the Compton/Lynwood area of Los Angeles County - as much of a $hithole as Detroit and got out and am doing quite well - thank you!
Most of the other kids growing up in that part of SoCal weren't so fortunate - had nothing to do with economics but parental controls, drive and work ethic. Raised by a single mom too. Not too different from most in that part of town except for ambition.

diggler
11-20-2003, 01:22 PM
That's all I'm saying. Thanks everyone for condensing my thoughts. It's all about the work ethic, drive, and desire to improve yourself. I keep telling my friends that anyone can be a CEO, or engineer, or lawyer, or whatever the hell else you want. You just have to want it bad enough.... or in better terms...
you gotta have "the eye of the tiger." :p
http://www.survivormusic.com/graphics/EOTT.jpg

Kilrtoy
11-20-2003, 02:34 PM
Sorry I didnt hear the part about him being a surgeon.
If he was white, they would have told him to F@@@ off and he would have won nothing, Black gets paid millions,
AS far as SCHOOL
that too is bullshit. My parents had to pay for my school because they made more than the 25k limit. Yet my co worker and his entire family 3 brothers and 2 sisters got to go to college, YES, College at USC for free. Why cuz they are mexicans and poor. Now he does the same as me actually, less, but gets paid more due to that degree. BULLSHIT......

Essex502
11-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Kilrtoy:
AS far as SCHOOL that too is bullshit. My parents had to pay for my school because they made more than the 25k limit. Yet my co worker and his entire family 3 brothers and 2 sisters got to go to college, YES, College at USC for free. Why cuz they are mexicans and poor. Now he does the same as me actually, less, but gets paid more due to that degree. BULLSHIT......
Hey! You coulda' taken out student loans and come out of college with degree and $100k of debt! Feel lucky...think of the difference in your salaries and how long that debt would take to pay off at a 3-5% interest rate. Maybe that'll help you feel better about his higher salary...Or...your parents could have given you up for adoption by a poor black family! Then where would you be...likely dead by now!

beyondhelpin
11-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
Have you ever thought that the reason for the low economic status is lack of drive and ambition?
My grandparents immigrated to this country and had nothing to start with. My grandfather worked his way through school and eventually got and Engineering Degree and became a successful Engineer. He saved his money and invested wisely. When he retired he was able to live comfortably. He was also able to put his son through school.
Make no mistake he was at the bottom of the economic latter when he started but with drive and ambition he built himself up. There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing the same thing if they want it.
Could not agree more!
They all think that I owe them something! News flash I (we) dont owe you shit! Make your own way just like the rest of us. Be a contributor not a drain on society.

TrojanDan
11-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Wish my parents paid for my college......:D

Irishluck
11-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by beyondhelpin
Could not agree more!
They all think that I owe them something! News flash I (we) dont owe you shit! Make your own way just like the rest of us. Be a contributor not a drain on society. Amen on that one, someday I hope the race card is played out, until then these leaches will keep ****ing our society every which way they can.:mad:

Kilrtoy
11-20-2003, 08:39 PM
It is played out,
Someone needs to grow a set of balls and stand up and say enough is enough,
If you riot we will call in the national guard and kill all riots, you pieces of shit

SHOTKALLIN
11-20-2003, 09:24 PM
kilertoy, the only diference is, if he was a white surgeon the police would not have cuffed him so tightly, if they would have cuffed him at all. society treats people diferently because of color.
it goes both ways. sad but true.

Essex502
11-21-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by SHOTKALLIN
kilertoy, the only diference is, if he was a white surgeon the police would not have cuffed him so tightly, if they would have cuffed him at all. society treats people diferently because of color.
it goes both ways. sad but true.
What color were the officers? Did the suspected perp resist? Did he "cop an attitude"? Too many times I've seen people get mouthy with an officer and they get treated as badly as they treat the officer. Deservedly so, too. When I got stopped in my youth I tried to be polite and cooperative. I suspect that the Dr. involved was neither.
As for "loss of consortium" give me a break! Two million to the wife for not getting "f*cked"? Sure.