PDA

View Full Version : A good Reason for your kid to carry a cellphone.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2003, 06:08 PM
My son, on his way to school this morning, got hit by a hit and run driver.
It knocked him quite some distance onto the front yard of a house near here. The kids at his school are told to ride their bikes on the sidewalk, and the driver hit him doing a 3 point turn using a driveway.
The guy in the car split of course, leaving a 14 year old kid hammered on the front lawn.
No one stopped to help my son,,, he just lay there. He eventually got out his cell phone and called me and his mom.
I spent the day at the hospital with x rays ect,, and he's OK. His leg hurting pretty bad,, but OK.
His Bike helmet saved the day.
The Motor Cops told us they burn through ticket books writing people speeding in the school zones, then took our report.
I reported it hoping someone witnessed it and got a license number. So far,,, no luck.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB100052-med.JPG
"NO ONE STANDS SO TALL AS ONE WHO KNEELS TO HELP A CHILD"
.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PB100049-med.JPG

jbtrailerjim
11-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your son TPC. I'm glad to hear he is ok. I hope they catch the piece of shit that hit and run.:mad: I just can't understand how someone could do that.

fourspeednup
11-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Sounds like he's OK and that's the most important thing.

mbrown2
11-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear that TPC....glad he is ok...hope someone saw it...did he get a look at the vehicle?

GlastronGuy
11-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Glad to hear he's OK.
I 'd love to get my hands on someone who would do that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2003, 06:25 PM
i am sorry to hear about your son but i am very glad he is o.k. the sob that hit him will get caught.. alot of prayers and detective work will bring him to justice or hopefully your front porch so you could kick the daylights outta him.. glad your boy is doin good.. that is the good news .. ;)

smalls
11-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Glad he's ok, Some people just suck?????
I see you have a YFZ any mods done to it? I have one in blue.

fourspeednup
11-20-2003, 06:28 PM
How sh!tty is this? Legally, it's better to flee the scene of an accident and turn yourself in later if alcohol was involved! Happened here in Tempe 2 years ago--girl hit by a lawyer who knew the laws and made a conscious decision to leave her on the pavement while she bled to death. I can't even begin to comprehend what kind of sick **** could ever do that:mad: :mad:
This kind of stuff really gets to me. Mom was victim of hit and run last year.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by smalls
Glad he's ok, Some people just suck?????
I see you have a YFZ any mods done to it? I have one in blue.
Thanks for all your kind replies.
The YFZ, I bought 2 of them. Still checking out the best mods.

Ziggy
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Damn people have no conscience these days--wack a child with their car and leave...Hope he recovers quickly and without any scares(mental I mean)..it can be scary for kids and it can make him gunshy about riding to school again.
And as you mentioned, nobody stopped to help....has society gone to shit that badly??? I'd say so because my son was indirectly involve with just such a thing this summer where he and his friends were the only ones to stop and help when a car flew off the freeway near RedCloud road on I10...he was praise by the CHP and told they most likely save one guys life..
Where is the good in people these days? Have we forgotten how? Sheesh:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
11-20-2003, 07:43 PM
What a piece of garbage, I sure hope they catch this jerk and he has to stand for his actions.
Good to hear your son is going to be OK and I hope his leg gets better quickly.
My Daughter has carried a phone for awhile and when she has to walk home from school, she calls me and we chat while she walks. Not sure what age they should start having them, she is 14 and very responsible with the usage.

Johnwithjm
11-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Sorry to here about your son. Hope he is ok. I am getting my 12 year old girl a cell phone so she can call me or her mom if she has any problems. I hope they catch the guy that hit your son:mad:

wildbillg
11-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Good luck with your son...
Hope you catch the SOB.....

Just Tool'n
11-20-2003, 07:53 PM
TPC, glad to see your son is OK! Does he remeber any of it.
Hope they throw the book at the SOB!
Kids are fragile, we as parents can never be safe enough with them & try to teach them the right stuff.

gigamurph
11-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by wildbillg
Good luck with your son...
Hope you catch the SOB..... Thank the stars that your son is OK other than some bumps, bruises, and soreness! That is a raw deal that the jerk cut you and your boy. I hope he's sittin' at home thinkin' about what it would feel like if someone did that to one of his loved ones and it leaves a bad taste in his mouth. Was told that alot of the people who pull crap like that will try to sneak by the scene to see if they can catch a glimpse of the kid to see if they're OK or for some other sick reason, so tell your son and his friends to keep a sharp eye out.
Oh, and let's hope that the cops get him before you do; but if they don't, as much as ya would like to throttle the turd, remain strong and let the law take due course. Your family does not need you in jail for the holidays or any other time!

Kilrtoy
11-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Glad to hear he is ok, Helmets do save lives........

Outnumbered
11-21-2003, 12:10 AM
TPC, as a father of two young girls I can't imagine how scary that call must have been. Glad all is well with your son.
Check with your neighbors ASAP to see if any of them may have some surveilance cameras. Its a long shot but some people have them with the extended recording VCRs etc to keep an eye on their property when their at work.
Hope they catch that POS.
OL

honkey1
11-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Glad to hear he is ok good thing he could reach you guys.

JustMVG
11-21-2003, 12:54 AM
We got our 2 oldest daughters a cell phone each, glad we did too, we can get in touch w them at any time, sorry to hear about your son but glad he was able to get to you for some help, i get so angry at folks who just take off. What if it had been their own kid? Mike VG

Uplink
11-21-2003, 02:57 AM
Wow, I just saw a story on this very subject on the ch. 4 news last week. They setup cameras around a school in the S.F. valley and taped all the traffic laws being broken on a regular basis. It was a parents mad dash/pick-up the kid-and-get out pandemonium. Kid/car near misses everywhere. They sent a motorcycle cop there to write tickets, but it didn't help much. Glad your kid is o.k.
KNBC story... (http://www.nbc4.tv/education/2625544/detail.html)
Mark