PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of North American Marine Insurance Co?

Robbie Racer
11-21-2003, 02:11 PM
I have been having a very difficult time trying to find insurance for my 25' cat (1100+ hp). A local broker says he can get me insurance underwritten by a Quebec based insurance company called North American Marine Insurance Co. I have never heard of them. As anyone else had any experience with them? I don't want to send a check to some fly by night, rip off outfit. Thanks, R/R

Mullet
11-21-2003, 08:29 PM
I checked
www.ambest.com
but I didnt see any company listed by that name. Find out if they have a parent company, and or if you got the name right. If you are not sure about it, ask the agent for North Americans "best guide rating". The Best Guide is like the bilble to an insurance company's financial strength. It also shows if the company is admitted and if so what states. If you need further more personal help PM me, and I will give you my work email addy.

Robbie Racer
11-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Mullet, thanks for checking. That's a good idea and I will indeed ask the agent what their rating is. R/R

Rock-it man
11-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Keith try American National Ins Co they have great prices but they want other things beside the boat Call Jill Runyan @ 800-235-8616 I heard she has done Cats like yours

Kilrtoy
11-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Is it hard to get ins for the cats....

1stepcloser
11-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Is it hard to get ins for the cats....
Yeah, I've heard that too.