PDA

View Full Version : What custom option did you opt for on your boat ?

hot_diggity_dog
11-21-2003, 04:43 PM
I think the correct question would be the one above to determine the custom options installed.
All boats are pretty much production boats with lots of options IMO
If you fabricate custom parts throughout and install them as a standard option, its still custom made for that boat.
My boat has a custom spot on it to hold chicks tits when they want to rest them, while they get me a beer.
1. My own gel coat design (Lasted about (1) boat before it was being duplicated on other boats, only change the colors):mad:
2. My Motor built peice by peice
3. Other than that everything was an option of standard stuff.
4. I do have custom rigging on my boat, not one like it that I know.
5. I went with custom guages and parts bought from Eddie Marine. LOL
Hot (Still not sure if it's custom) Diggity Dog
:cool:

Mandelon
11-21-2003, 04:56 PM
My cupholders...........:D 100% original.

hot_diggity_dog
11-21-2003, 04:58 PM
I think the way MBrown2 had his stereo with the charger generator system setup is very custom:D :D
HDD:cool:

Froggystyle
11-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
My cupholders...........:D 100% original.
No, no, no. Those don't count! You ordered them from Dana and he has mass produced a bunch of them... :D :D
It turns out, it is only custom if you have someone whittle them up for you out of beechwood.
Froggy"tonguefirmlyincheek"Style

Faster Daddy
11-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Titty Holder, Didn't think of that one. LOL :D

old rigger
11-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
No, no, no. Those don't count! You ordered them from Dana and he has mass produced a bunch of them... :D :D
Don't forget to get the instalation jig with those cup holders. They can be a bitch to install with out one.:wink:

NorCal Gameshow
11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
custom doesn't mean better....remember bubbles? i bet she's custom:D :D :D

phebus
11-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
My boat has a custom spot on it to hold chicks tits when they want to rest them, while they get me a beer.
When you get older, you can use it for yours. :D

hot_diggity_dog
11-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by old rigger
Don't forget to get the instalation jig with those cup holders. They can be a bitch to install with out one.:wink:
Old rigger go start your own thread.
I really wanted to know what types of custom options are available out there and what peeps are doing custom.
Old Rig,
You have too strong of an opinion on this subject, seems like you know something we don't?? Come clean whats your hidden agenda:rolleyes:
If you don't like Froggy just say it, or do you want me to have HOSS say it for you.:p
Give us some help here if you have the answers, otherwise your just responding to post like Phat Kat trying to be a know it all!
Hot (Don't ****ing Highjack the tread DICKHEADS) Diggity Dog

NorCal Gameshow
11-21-2003, 05:25 PM
i retract my bubbles bashin' comment..:D

phebus
11-21-2003, 05:26 PM
I sure would like to see a trash receptacle built into my next boat if it could be incorporated. I hate trash bags sitting out on a beautifull boat. :mad:

hot_diggity_dog
11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
i retract my bubbles bashin' comment..:D
NC G,
I was thinking bubles will be totally custom once she's done. LOL
Not considered a highjack;)

Froggystyle
11-21-2003, 05:30 PM
The last custom boat I had built had these following options added to the base boat.
Upgraded engine (600 hp)
Headers
Personalized gelcoat
Audio system
Dual Batteries
Swing away trailer
Set back jet
Billet trim switch
Place diverter
Ride plate
Bimini top
40 oz carpet
All white interior
Headrest pads
Gaffrig gauges
Bowrail deletion
Cat eye navigation lights
Powdercoat color choice

Froggystyle
11-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I sure would like to see a trash receptacle built into my next boat if it could be incorporated. I hate trash bags sitting out on a beautifull boat. :mad:
Funny you mention that... :D :D
I hate them too.

jbtrailerjim
11-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I'm with ya on that. Trash bag's on the boat suck.:mad:

Jbb
11-21-2003, 05:32 PM
I bought a Edge hull and interior from Tom Papp......an engine from Marine Power....Pump from American Turbine ...Guages,steering and deck hardware from Rex ...a supercharger from The Blower Shop.... Carpet from a local mill and had a welding shop build a trailer .....So by definition I guess the only custom piece on my boat is the bitchen puke tank (built I may add by a Hot Boat member)....But I am gonna call it custom all the same !.......:D

old rigger
11-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
Old rigger go start your own thread.
I really wanted to know what types of custom options are available out there and what peeps are doing custom.
Old Rig,
You have too strong of an opinion on this subject, seems like you know something we don't?? Come clean whats your hidden agenda:rolleyes:
If you don't like Froggy just say it, or do you want me to have HOSS say it for you.:p
Give us some help here if you have the answers, otherwise your just responding to post like Phat Kat trying to be a know it all!
?
I see, it's OK for Froggy to take a jab with his 'custom' comment, but it's 'to strong' when I make a jab? Screw you.
I have no hidden adgenda with anything.
I've never met froggy and when I do, he has invited me out to his shop to take a look see, I'll probably like him. Seems like a great guy. He's doing something he's put his mind to and my hats off to him. I just don't agree with him on a few things. Big deal.

hot_diggity_dog
11-21-2003, 05:42 PM
?
I see, it's OK for Froggy to take a jab with his 'custom' comment, but it's 'to strong' when I make a jab? Screw you.
I have no hidden adgenda with anything.
I've never met froggy and when I do, he has invited me out to his shop to take a look see, I'll probably like him. Seems like a great guy. He's doing something he's put his mind to and my hats off to him. I just don't agree with him on a few things. Big deal.
Come on Rigger,
your 1st post was a sarcastic remark to your on going battle or dis agreement with Froggy. I don't have a problem with that, but it sounds like you may know what your talking about due to your many years in the business.
I'm not playing favorites here but Froggy responded to another members comment, you had to go back to the Froggy slam card.
:rolleyes:
I also see that Froggy has read the topic and actually responded with his custom options.
I want a custom billet trash can, this is giving me idea's.
I will start a thread just for you old rigger:D
Hot (Keep the custom options coming) Diggity Dog:cool:

old rigger
11-21-2003, 05:48 PM
shoot, froggys a much faster typer than me. I started to type that thing right after you posted yours to me. I couldn't believe how many posts were there in that time..
and you don't think froggys remark wasn't sarcastic?

Mandelon
11-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
It turns out, it is only custom if you have someone whittle them up for you out of beechwood.
Dammit, Wes! I will have you know that I ordered them from REXONE!!
But I added some where they weren't before. I had to drill two big holes!
Are you saying that taking out the cheap plastic cupholders and putting in storebought anodized ones is not a custom upgrade? Ya mean I have to make my own cupholders!!!??? :rolleyes: :D
I can whittle.....a little......:cool:

hot_diggity_dog
11-21-2003, 05:53 PM
shoot, froggys a much faster typer than me. I started to type that thing right after you posted yours to me. I couldn't believe how many posts were there in that time..
and you don't think froggys remark wasn't sarcastic?
Rigger your not getting it and doing the same shit with me now.
Let the technicalities go and share some of your knowledge with your fellow Hot Boaters.
Let it go or drink the hard shit like HOSS. :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-21-2003, 05:55 PM
we asked for auto suck but they said the girl was unavailable for long trips to Havasu :rolleyes: :D

hot_diggity_dog
11-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
we asked for auto suck but they said the girl was unavailable for long trips to Havasu :rolleyes: :D
And didn't want to say anything, but I have the one with the warmer option on the drivers side.:eek: :p

Faster Daddy
11-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Options:
Pesonalized Gel Coat
Motor upgrade to 496ho
Sea Strainer
Dual Bateries with billet boxes
Lab finished 26 Bravo 1 prop
Sony CD w/xm satelite/800w amp/6 speakers
Remote radio controls - 1 transom mounted
Rasied seat pedastals - I'm a tall guy
Platinum Gaffrig Monster Guages w/gps speedo + depth guage
Momo Steering wheel
Enlarged cuddy by 12" ( smaller open bow)
Cuddy doors front and rear (bend over for these, but they lock)
Custom interior trim colors
Bow cover, cockpit cover
transom mounted trim switch
Ski pylon - transom mounted billet
Extereme Trailer w/dual disk brakes, oil bath hubs, billet & rubber steps
Damn.........thats where my money went!
Oh yea, they also gave me a sticker and a t-shirt!

Froggystyle
11-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
I bought a Edge hull and interior from Tom Papp......an engine from Marine Power....Pump from American Turbine ...Guages,steering and deck hardware from Rex ...a supercharger from The Blower Shop.... Carpet from a local mill and had a welding shop build a trailer .....So by definition I guess the only custom piece on my boat is the bitchen puke tank (built I may add by a Hot Boat member)....But I am gonna call it custom all the same !.......:D
Custom in my book Brian... :D

Jbb
11-21-2003, 06:27 PM
And Bubbles has a "custom" designated driver.........:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860post-7-1060969237-med.jpg

Jbb
11-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Just surrounding myself with the best talent available....lil mr.....;)

mbrown2
11-21-2003, 06:51 PM
My PAYMENT is custom....only one like it with my name on it:D :D :D
HDD..thnx:)