PDA

View Full Version : G T Performance/DSM

burtandnancy
11-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Gary Teague announced this week that he has taken over the service and maintenance departments of Dick Simon Marine in Dana Point, CA. Scott Conrad continues on to run the sales and brokerage side of this high performance dealership.
Gary brings his unique engine building, rigging and tuning skills to this well known Orange County location. GT Performance home office remains in Montclair, CA.

Dr. Eagle
11-22-2003, 05:18 PM
My experience with Dick Simon was that they would never call me back when I was looking to BUY a boat. I have not heard much positive about them. This is probably a positive step for them.

jackpunx
11-24-2003, 08:49 AM
I couldn’t recommend Gary and his crew any higher. They are at the top of my list for expertise and professionalism.. They have a very satisfied customer here.. :D

h2oski2fast
11-24-2003, 10:14 AM
I didn't have the same experience, and would not recommend Gary, but the lawyers got quite a bit of work out of it.

jackpunx
11-24-2003, 10:15 AM
sorry to hear that.. Who are you using now?

h2oski2fast
11-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Turbos, accessories and design specs from Brummett Marine. Bottom end assembled by BEP (Bassant Engineering Performance, in Orange). Top end assembly and install I do myself. Drive done by Wilkes Marine. 509 ci 900hp and 920 ft/lbs torque. 2 seasons and no problems. I wish it had gone that way with GT.

carbonmarine
11-25-2003, 12:14 PM
WILKES ROCKS !
Rick32:cool:

HM
11-25-2003, 01:01 PM
I second that on Wilkes - is that a suprise?:D
Sorry GT for the mix up.

HotHallet
11-25-2003, 01:32 PM
I agree Frank! Once a company disrespects me there done with getting my business. People act like they are doing you a favor by taking your money!

jackpunx
11-25-2003, 01:33 PM
If I had that experience.. I would have done the same thing.

mmered8299
11-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Ok...So what about the 2nd. story? I like slapping bitches!:D :D :D

1stepcloser
11-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
I did not have a good experience with Teague. Drove 2 hours to get there.
I believe the Gary Teague reffered to here is not the same as Teague Custom Marine in Valencia.
GT Performance is in Montclair. Gary Teague is the owner. Top shelf work, and a reputation the same.
The name's are the same, though.

HM
11-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by mmered8299
Ok...So what about the 2nd. story? I like slapping bitches!:D :D :D
I will have to dig up the thread about where I got bitch slapped at a gas station - will have you rolling on the floor!

HM
11-25-2003, 05:45 PM
just fixing the mix up!!

Dennis26
11-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I agree with h2oski2fast. The main reason I went to GT was because of what I had read on this site whie lurking and from talking with people who had used them. I would not use or recommend Gary/ GT Performance. He rebuilt my motor this past summer. It was supposed to be a 4-6 week job. 12 weeks later, being lied to over & over by one of his workers, a few things not being done, and a chunk out of the side of my boat, I got it back. In fairness to Gary, the engine runs great. I would never go back.

cola
11-25-2003, 06:34 PM
Holymoly,
You could edit your post. Two separate companies.
Late, Mike

BoatFloating
11-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
My mistake...I was talking about Teague Custom Marine. "Gary" was the name of the person that acted like he owned the joint - so I thought that was Gary Teague. I had always been under the impression they were both owned by Gary Teague, especially after my experience - since I was talking to a Gary! Or they are owned by Gary Teague and ran separately? If I am wrong, then I appologize for the mix up.
Bob Teague owns Teague Custom Marine in Valencia and is not related to Gary Teague.
Bob has never been known for his customer service skills.

carbonmarine
11-25-2003, 09:02 PM
WILKES ROCKS SOME MORE......!
Rick32

Haullen270
11-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Paul Pfaff and his team have been nothing but professional in their quality of work, promise when ready and customer service. Top notch! I have been using them for over two years and they have done everything on my boats from basic services, extensive modifications and upgrades to building me a pair of new 850HP EFI Whippled engines for my new boat. They back their work and take care of their customers. Last July my 575SCI was running real rich. I wanted to make a early Saturday morning run to Catalina with a group of boaters. I called Steve at pfaffs the day before and he said for me to meet him at Pfaff's at 6:00AM Sat. morning and he would take care of it. We both showed up at 6:00AM sharp, he tuned and adjusted it and I was at the Huntington Harbor launch ramp at 7:00AM to meet the group and my boat ran great! I bought him a coffee and a donut and he didn't charge me a thing. They have a customer with me for the rest of my boating life! I have referred several boating friends to them and they all have had great experiences.

HM
11-26-2003, 12:13 AM
RioDog - I agree with you. I wasn't looking for any ass kissing. I was looking for help finding a part, and thought they would have made some effort to help seeing that I drove way out of the way when they told me they had it. I was irritated - but did not get insulting (until after I left.)
But GT Performance had nothing to do with that. I hear those guys make some bad ass stuff!
Sorry to spam jack another thread!!:D