PDA

View Full Version : $6 Million found in 18-Wheeler

JetBoatRich
11-22-2003, 08:50 PM
What is he doing with all the money?
ALICE, Texas (Nov. 21) - Authorities found boxes filled with millions of dollars when they searched an 18-wheeler because its paperwork "didn't add up" during a routine inspection.
Eleven boxes filled with packaged money were found in the truck Wednesday among its regular load, boxes of heat-and-serve dinner rolls, authorities said. The total was estimated at $6 million.
"We haven't gotten an official count yet," state Department of Public Safety Capt. David Doyle said. "They are doing a hand count."
The 18-wheeler was pulled over about 11 miles north of Alice.
The two troopers who conducted the stop specialize in commercial vehicle safety inspections and pulled the truck over for an inspection, Doyle said.
"They interviewed the driver, and the paperwork and whatnot didn't add up," Doyle said. "This truck wasn't where it should have been and doing what it should have been doing."
Officials did not release the name of the driver because the investigation is continuing and because they fear he or his relatives could be in danger, Doyle said.

Kilrtoy
11-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Why would they be in danger
its only 6M

LUVNLIFE
11-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Jeez I feel like less of a person now. I only drive around with about 4 mil.;)

JetBoatRich
11-23-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Jeez I feel like less of a person now. I only drive around with about 4 mil.;)
:D me and the Posse only estimated 2.5M hidden in that rig, I guess we were wrong:rolleyes:

Mrs Luvnlife
11-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Damn when will I learn to keep my mouth shut.:mad:

LUVNLIFE
11-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Jeez I wish she would log out. That was the Mr. Talking.:o

JetBoatRich
11-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Jeez I wish she would log out. That was the Mr. Talking.:o
Sorry I missed you two today:D when you came by the house, Steph said it was a pleasant surprise

LUVNLIFE
11-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Tell Steph sorry for dropping by unannounced but I was in the area. Sorry we missed you to. Hope your dad is doing better.

JetBoatRich
11-23-2003, 07:48 PM
You know you guys are always welcome to stop by.
My dad will be visiting been visiting the Dr. everyday since Thursday, has to have an IV fix to help clear his lungs. We are hoping one more visit tomorrow and he will be ok. Thanks