PDA

View Full Version : On the Strength of an Accusation

Flying Tiger
11-23-2003, 08:22 AM
I can't help but appreciate the guys on this board with great marriages.
Ziggy, Kilrtoy, MtnDewDrops and so many others.
Some of us, especially me, have never been able to pull it off.
Not too many it seems, have been through divorce. I wouldn't wish a divorce on anyone. Not my worst enemy.
I can only compair a divorce to the death of your child. It is an agonizing, long term pain that really eats at you.
I have a friend that I met from a LA Fire Dept boating trip to Parker at Echo Lodge. He went through one of those agonizing divorces I mention.
It was one of those divorces that no one saw coming. He's a really super, teriffic guy. I've learned so much about boating and Wakeboarding from him. Always willing to give time and help to me.
He lost property, money, and most of all,, a huge chunk of his retirement to his EX. Not to mention the awfull hurt and bad feelings you go through for years.
OK, so now enter his new girlfriend. After being with her for a year, the "play me or trade me" issues came up,, and she wanted to get married.
Not wanting to get bit by the same dog twice, my Fireman friend resisted and the relationship with his girlfriend got ugly.
Finally, wanting to stay single, he moved out to get out of the heat.
He did everything for his girlfriend and her kids,, but marriage wasn't going to be one of them.
Then retribution hit,, the girlfriend accused him of molesting her daughter.
On the strength of an accusation, he was in big, big trouble.
He knew better than to hire a DUI or divorce lawyer to defend himself. He found the Prince of Darkness of lawyers that had a proven track record of winning these type of common fake accusations.
Trouble was, he couldn't afford this lawyer. This case was gonna cost him in the 6 figures to defend himself.
He went to the Firefighters Union, and at a meeting of the rank and file, got up in front of everyone and explained his plight, and asked for finantial support.
He got overwhelming support, went to court, and won.
But still, when we go to the river with his group,, the whispers, the dark cloud follows him around like a wake behind your boat.
It'll never go away.
Any lessons from this? Yep plenty.
When I'm in bed for the night I wear sweats or PJ's.
A lightning flash, a bad dream, or an earthquake sends my daughter flying down the hallway into my bed, and I wake up from a drunk sleep with her holding me in a deathgrip.
When my daughter had sleepovers, my sister or mom handled it, and I left the house.
So much for freedoms.
Wouldn't take much for a accusation to ruin my life or yours..
Yep, just on the strength of an accusation.

Cheap Thrills
11-23-2003, 08:27 AM
Amen Brother , well spoken .
C.T. :wink:

JetBoatRich
11-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend, just not right. :mad:
He FRIENDS should be behind him, not talking about him.

Flying Tiger
11-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
He FRIENDS should be behind him, not talking about him.
Right you are Rich, well said.
It makes me feel bad when the gossip starts.

Jungle Boy
11-23-2003, 08:53 AM
I hear ya on that stuff all the way. I'm divorced and have a live-in girl. She's been with me now for 7 years and marrage is not going to happen. I don't care what anyone says, things DO change after the "I do's" are said.
I allso have a daughter and when she was at the age for sleep overs, I'd make myself scarce. Supply the popcorn, snacks and drinks and get out. She came home once from a friends house after a sleepover with several freind and she told me that she woke up during the night and seen the Dad standing in his shorts in the bedroom doorway. Now these girls were not "little kids", they were 14 & 15 years old. She said that all the girls thought he was a "perv". She has never been back to their house again after that. This world is full of bitter bitches looking for a free ride and I ain't going to be their donkey.

Dr. Eagle
11-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Obviously this lady understood what the hell the accusation would do, even if disproved. What can I say, besides she just C an't U nderstand N ormal T hinking.

Cheap Thrills
11-23-2003, 09:25 AM
simular story , different place different time .
It happened to a friend of mine too.
but imagine if you will investigations and interviews were made . being harrassed and intimidated for years. never being able to keep a job due to the fact that when things got rough on the homefront the accusations would be made again and the word would get to his job and people are so eager to jump on the bandwagon and talk..
Never knowing who's going to take a vigilanty tatic and jump out from behind a bush and pop a cap for a cut of the insurance .
Imagine loosing your home , your friends , and the family you worked so hard as a team to create .
Imagine it never going to court . wich I believe would be worse. never knowing when , where or if it will pop up
again. or worse yet , The vigilanty still looking to make the easy cash.
Our children GOD bless them all are raised with the knowlege of this being the ultamate wrong doing wich I agree it is and it is one sure fire way to change their situation or lifestyle by getting rid of the accused .
But to use it because their situation/lifestyle doesnt agree with them is just as wrong in my book.
like you said "The dark cloud still follows"
Unfortunately life will never be the same .for him
Just another form of terrorism if you ask me .
Just my .02 spelling errors and all .
C.T. :wink:

THE VIKING
11-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Happened to my old geografy teacher, lord knows he always liked women, but it was always 30+ of age.
He's a ghost today, i sometimes meet him, and i do not know if i should talk to him or just walk on, so i do the last.
Him too, with his eyes starring at the sidewalk.......
this is as much taking a mans life as murder 1!!!!!
The viking.

Kilrtoy
11-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Because the court system is ****ed up and the Family law judges are a bunch of BITCHES. They always take the side of a woman.
Why do women think they are owed anything. Just because they spread their legs, doesnt mean you should get my wallet.
So then they make up shit, Like I screwed my own kid, They should should be charged with crimes, but these family judges listen to them and feel sorry for there song and dances. Then they bend us over and give it to us good.
I have already been there with that shit withj two women. Raped me, ****ed our daughter, all becuase i refused to give over my pay check. BITCHES.

mike37
11-23-2003, 08:40 PM
that kind of stuff sucks but it hapends to offen

Seadog
11-24-2003, 07:39 AM
My brother made a mistake and married a gal with a Phd and problems. She put him on the edge of bankruptcy and finally split. She then went to a shelter for battered wives and accused him of beating her just to get a room.
I have lots of nieces and grand nieces that I love very much, but i always worry about the thought that something could be misconstrued by some of the sick minds out there.