PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where this is????

SANGER-RICH
11-23-2003, 03:34 PM
http://www.dragboatrace.com/Rick/videos/Knights-Landing-03/tim-and-rob.mpg
Where is this? who is this? and how fast was he going?? Maybe my shovelnose will do 150 MPH?? What do ya think???
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247afront.jpg

Kindsvater Flat
11-23-2003, 04:03 PM
That was filmed about 5 miles up river from Knights Landing. Its north of Woodland on 113. The hydro belongs to Tim Heidrich. I believe he lives in Dixon but don't quote me on that one.

Kindsvater Flat
11-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Rich if you click the link to my website below, dragboatrace.com, and click pictures, 2003 then goto the Knights landing pictures you can see more.
http://www.dragboatrace.com/knightsld/images/Image023sc.jpg

SANGER-RICH
11-23-2003, 05:23 PM
IF MINE LOOKS THIS CLEAN ILL BE A HAPPY CAMPER
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/124774_sanger.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247shovel.jpg
SOME DAY, HOPEFULLY MOTHERSDAY AT PCR:D

SANGER-RICH
11-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
That was filmed about 5 miles up river from Knights Landing. Its north of Woodland on 113. The hydro belongs to Tim Heidrich. I believe he lives in Dixon but don't quote me on that one.
Is this a yearly event??? Also are there camping areas near by??

Hud
11-23-2003, 06:20 PM
It's a one day deal!

BigBoyToys
11-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Hey Rich,
If you're planning on putting a bunch of power to that boat, you might want to have that front end of the boat repaired and/or looked at professionally. There was a bunch of Bondo on it when I received it (no, I didn't do that) and I could actually see light coming through it when looking under the bow. I've never tried to repair a boat with Bondo but maybe someone else on the boards knows better on how it will hold up. If I remember correctly, I think I saw Bondo from the very front point all the way down to the drivers seat area, and saw a little bit more on the rear left side. Like I said, it may hold up, I have no idea because I've never ran a boat with Bondo on it, but I'd feel bad about it if you didn't see it and I didn't say anything about it and something happened to you or family that was a result of it.
How did that battery tray work?

BigBoyToys
11-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
Is this a yearly event??? Also are there camping areas near by??
It's on the Sacto River. Knights Landing'ers and Woodlanders (most) call that place 3rd Beach but it has been called numerous things. You can camp there anytime (as long as it isn't under water). It is also accessable from the road. As a teenager I camped there (partied there :D ) many times. It's also a good fishing area for Stripers and Sturgeon.
Also Richard, here's a pic of that shovelnose that you were asking about on the dragboatracing.com forums
http://www.dragboats.com/images/classified/crenshaw_bernie.jpg

SANGER-RICH
11-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
Hey Rich,
If you're planning on putting a bunch of power to that boat, you might want to have that front end of the boat repaired and/or looked at professionally. There was a bunch of Bondo on it when I received it (no, I didn't do that) and I could actually see light coming through it when looking under the bow. I've never tried to repair a boat with Bondo but maybe someone else on the boards knows better on how it will hold up. If I remember correctly, I think I saw Bondo from the very front point all the way down to the drivers seat area, and saw a little bit more on the rear left side. Like I said, it may hold up, I have no idea because I've never ran a boat with Bondo on it, but I'd feel bad about it if you didn't see it and I didn't say anything about it and something happened to you or family that was a result of it.
How did that battery tray work?
The battery tray will work fine , I have been in the autobody trade for 32 years, but you have to realize I have restored several boats and corvettes, stripping them and finding bondo is no new thing to me, I never use bondo, I will cut all that crap out of the boat and re-glass it. So dont worry. I have gotten most the paint stripped off it and it is pretty nasty, the back of the transom has some sort of filler all over it as well as where they put the 2 halfs of the boat together??? beats me:confused: :confused: I will make this boat safe for my family and anyone else that rides with me or drives it. My jet had cracks down both sides from a boating accident at berryessa and it has been 20 years since it was repaired with no cracks comming back. as far as the hydro it is a simple fix compared to that project. I cut al the old glass of the stringers that wa spealing off the stringers are in good shape, reglassing them now. bondo has been used on boats for years by people but not by me I just dont want the problems that can occure from it cracking after it is painted. It cost to much for materials to paint things now a days so I beleive do it right the first time.

Sangster
11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Richard......The Bondo thats on the boat has probally been there since it left Sanger.....Thats how they finished the seam.... The filler on the transom is normal also.... and you wil be able to see thru the hull were the gelcoat has been sanded off!!!!!Gelcoat has no structural value, it's jest a finish coat.....

BigBoyToys
11-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
The battery tray will work fine , I have been in the autobody trade for 32 years, but you have to realize I have restored several boats and corvettes, stripping them and finding bondo is no new thing to me, I never use bondo, I will cut all that crap out of the boat and re-glass it. So dont worry. I have gotten most the paint stripped off it and it is pretty nasty, the back of the transom has some sort of filler all over it as well as where they put the 2 halfs of the boat together??? beats me:confused: :confused: I will make this boat safe for my family and anyone else that rides with me or drives it. My jet had cracks down both sides from a boating accident at berryessa and it has been 20 years since it was repaired with no cracks comming back. as far as the hydro it is a simple fix compared to that project. I cut al the old glass of the stringers that wa spealing off the stringers are in good shape, reglassing them now. bondo has been used on boats for years by people but not by me I just dont want the problems that can occure from it cracking after it is painted. It cost to much for materials to paint things now a days so I beleive do it right the first time.
Excellent! I wasn't sure about the Bondo thing but it kind of spooked me. Glad to hear that you are fixing it up! Can't wait to see the results:)