View Full Version : Insurance through AAA

MBlaster
03-23-2006, 08:29 PM
I just insured the Carrera jet through AAA. So Cal
No more exclusions on the river or Havasu :rollside:
FYI.

al cole'holic
03-23-2006, 08:34 PM
...they also now handle boats up to 33' (but NO cats) :)

JetBoatRich
03-23-2006, 08:35 PM
They insure both my boats :cool:, hopefully never use them :)

Outnumbered
03-23-2006, 08:41 PM
I just insured the Carrera jet through AAA. So Cal
No more exclusions on the river or Havasu :rollside:
FYI.
Be careful, AAA is an ACV policy. They go off of NADA and if its an older boat you WILL get screwed in a total loss situation. Find a company with agreed value or guaranteed replacement.

Supultlbich
03-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Be careful, AAA is an ACV policy. They go off of NADA and if its an older boat you WILL get screwed in a total loss situation. Find a company with agreed value or guaranteed replacement.
John you are always a team player!!!!!!!! Good game!

Brooski
03-23-2006, 10:31 PM
My agent has advised me that along with removing the river restriction, they will now insure for whatever agreed vessel value you put on the policy. I can now change my policy to full coverage. :)

Outnumbered
03-24-2006, 04:39 AM
My agent has advised me that along with removing the river restriction, they will now insure for whatever agreed vessel value you put on the policy. I can now change my policy to full coverage. :)
My agent told me the same thing. I read the policy and it said ACV. Just be sure it is what he says. I think the problem may be that some of these agents have no clue about boat policies. I think it was an honest mistake on his part.

BarryMac
03-24-2006, 07:05 AM
I talked with them when I bought my Carrera, don't know if they told you or not but they will not cover anyone else driving your boat, if there is an accident and someone else was driving your done, that was the main reason that I decided not to go with them...

MBlaster
03-24-2006, 10:34 AM
I talked with them when I bought my Carrera, don't know if they told you or not but they will not cover anyone else driving your boat, if there is an accident and someone else was driving your done, that was the main reason that I decided not to go with them...
True...my wife and I are the only ones insured to drive the boat. Oh well, now I have a legit excuse to say no.

BarryMac
03-24-2006, 11:43 AM
True...my wife and I are the only ones insured to drive the boat. Oh well, now I have a legit excuse to say no.
The only reason that I opted out of it was becasue if something happens to me and my wife I would have to rely on someone else to drive, not saying that what you've done is bad, I applaud you for getting insurance, a lot of people don't, just playing devils advocate...