PDA

View Full Version : Where To Ride In Parker

lavey575
11-23-2003, 08:23 PM
I have a place at havasu springs and i am looking for great places to ride off road in parker. I have been going to crossroads ohv across the river from roadrunner.I am headind out for thanksgiving and would like to check out some new dirt.Thanks.

RiverRatMike
11-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Lavey575,
There's quite a few neat places to see outside of Parker. I have a river house in Parker and have been riding dirtbikes out in the Parker area for over 20 years. There's a couple of really cool places ride to, like the crashed F4 Phantom, Swansea Ghost town, The Mineral Wash, Bouse and love taking a ride up on top of P mountian! Damn what a veiw it is out there. I'll be at my river house this Wednesday till Sunday and planning on taking a ride out to the crashed f4 on Saturday. Let me know if you want to hook up and ride out to it.

boatnam2
11-23-2003, 08:58 PM
rrm you didnt really answer the question,so how do you get to these areas?

BGMAN203
11-23-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah like a map or something?

WILDERTHANU
11-23-2003, 09:49 PM
I WAS RAISED RIDING THE CA SIDE.....BEEN GOING THERE MY WHOLE LIFE AND THE ONLY RIDING I'VE DONE ON THE AZ SIDE IS THE 400, AND SOME OSBOURNE WASH. WELL AND THE DESERT BAR OF COURSE......

RiverRatMike
11-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Well don't have any maps. Swansea is fairly easy to get to. About 30 miles outside of Parker off Shea Road.

WILD LAVEY
11-24-2003, 12:06 AM
are there any moto x track (race tracks) in parker or havasu?

andy01
11-24-2003, 08:31 AM
There is also the Bill Williams road that is just up from Havasu Springs. You can take that road to just about anywhere you want to go. We left from there last Saturday and went all the way up to the ghost town, from there you can get just about anywhere in Parker. There are a lot of places you can tow to and ride out from also.
Andy

andy01
11-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatMike
Lavey575,
There's a couple of really cool places ride to, like the crashed F4 Phantom, Swansea Ghost town, The Mineral Wash, Bouse and love taking a ride up on top of P mountian!
Where is the crash site and how do you get to P mountain?

h2oski2fast
11-24-2003, 10:11 AM
You can head down to the store across the road from Castle Rock Shores (not sure what the name is). Leave out the back side of the store and can pretty much go the Solar Saloon, and just keep going (south). It will get you to the 400 race area.

RiverRatMike
11-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Very few people know about the crashed F4 phantom site. I'm going to kinda keep in a secert here but if your interested in going, I'll be heading out there this Saturday. My river house is near Badenocs. (leaving from there). Let me know if your interested. P mountain is the big black peak that is just a few miles outside of Parker and it has the big P painted white on it. I'm sure you've seen it. The road up to the top is very very steep and is a very rough pavment. 1500FT to the top and let me tell you the view of Parker and the surrounding desert is breathtaking!
Originally posted by racingrascal
Where is the crash site and how do you get to P mountain?

Outnumbered
11-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by RiverRatMike
Very few people know about the crashed F4 phantom site. I'm going to kinda keep in a secert here but if your interested in going, I'll be heading out there this Saturday. My river house is near Badenocs. (leaving from there). Let me know if your interested. P mountain is the big black peak that is just a few miles outside of Parker and it has the big P painted white on it. I'm sure you've seen it. The road up to the top is very very steep and is a very rough pavment. 1500FT to the top and let me tell you the view of Parker and the surrounding desert is breathtaking!
Must not be too secret, its on the web:D .
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/mineryhomepage/f4.html
Looks like a cool ride. I would love to go check it out some time.
OL

Outnumbered
11-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Just realized that that may be YOUR web page. If not, that guy is your evil twin:D .
OL

RiverRatMike
11-25-2003, 11:59 PM
your funny, yes that is on my website.