PDA

View Full Version : about pigbarnboats selling on e bay right now

superdave013
11-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Just to let you guys know about this pigbarnboats guy.
He's selling a bunch of v drive stuff on e bay right now.
Anyway I bought some stuff from this guy. I took the chance and asked him to end 2 auctions early on some gears. I know and I still took the chance.
Anyway I was e mailing back and forth with a guy I think his name was Ken C. I'm pretty sure that's right. Anyway he answered all my questions very prompt and quick. Said the gears had just a tad of surface rust but would clean up and had no big pits or chips.
Ok, I sent this guy my cash and waited. I waited and sent him a few more e mails asking if they shipped and for a tracking #.
Never got a reply. I even asked on this site if anyone in that area knew this guy.
Well, I did get the gears. They did not come from any Ken C though. They came from Rick Bitzs of Bitzs Custom Boats. One set did clean up but the other set was total junk. Never responded to my e mails so I got over it and moved on.
Now I see he's selling a bunch of stuff and I thought I'ed give you all the heads up so you at least know who you are dealing with.

Kindsvater Flat
11-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks Dave. It good to keep us posted on stuff like this so we all don't get burned.

superdave013
11-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
Thanks Dave. It good to keep us posted on stuff like this so we all don't get burned.
We'll see K Flat.
Ol ***boat just might delete this thread. Would not be the first time it's happened.

Kindsvater Flat
11-23-2003, 10:58 PM
True but we have super moderator Rex( (take no hot boat shit)one to keep it in the v-drive forums. I'm sure he wouldn't want to be burned on an ebay deal.:D

superdave013
11-23-2003, 11:06 PM
If it gets deleted it won't be by Rexone. It will get wacked with out him knowing about it.

BGMAN203
11-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I had my eye on that stuff. I will keep that in mind.

DansBlown73Nordic
11-24-2003, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I also saw the stuff.

Sangster
11-24-2003, 06:03 AM
While browsing around the other day I noticed the a "Bitz" was logged on in the Jetboat boards...His profile says he's from Calgery, Canada....Or somewhere in Canada....It may be your man.. He claimed in his post to know alot about hulls....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

superdave013
11-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Sangster,
I'm sure he will read this. I would have just left him a neg feedback on e bay if I didn't go the back door route. Oh well, plenty of people will see it here.
I'm over getting my money back. I needed them so I paid to top dig for 'em. Out 150 bucks on that deal.
Funny thing is I've exchanged 100's of sets of gears and bought tons of them from people. I didn't think I'ed get taken from someone in the industry who's building v drive hulls.
I met Rick years ago at an NJBA race. He does make a nice flatbotom. But I hear they are hard to get. At the races they all call his boats "Waylates".

LeE ss13
11-24-2003, 07:03 AM
Did you find me any 15% yet ???

superdave013
11-24-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by LeE ss13
Did you find me any 15% yet ???
Yeah, pigbarnboats has a set on e bay right now. I'll let you bid on them. good luck (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26455&item=2444520107)

Sangster
11-24-2003, 07:18 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

Lookin for Liquid
11-24-2003, 12:39 PM
With a feedback rating of 91.4, that is a compliment for Mr. Bitz. The last bare boat that I got from him looked like a pregnant guppy. After I buzzed him about it he politeley informed me that the hull mold had seen a fire in his shop and probably sagged a bit. Nothing good to say from here!
PS Same pictures on E Bay for all the gears except for the high ratio picture in the add

superdave013
11-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I noticed that same pic thing too. The ones I bought were like that too. That's why I asked him about the condition.
Anyway, I just sent him the link to this thread. Let's wait and see what he has to say.
Dan, did he ever make it right?

Lookin for Liquid
11-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Dave, No! he did not offer anything. He had brought someone with him and told them that we must have added belly to the boat to free it up. ?Huh?
The bottom of the boat recieved a tremendous amount of sanding and eventually ended up 1999 IHBA Pro Gas Flat champion and still is running hard to this day.

Jetboatguru
11-24-2003, 01:40 PM
I have a set of 15% gears (10 degree) that I will trade for 18's if anyone is interested.

LeE ss13
11-24-2003, 02:59 PM
You got a Deal !!! I have a set of 18% 10 degrees. Check your PM.

canuck1
11-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Dave
I have not heard Bitz's name in a long time,I see he hasn't changed. If you have a Calgary address or number PM me and I will stop by. I think I know who Ken C. is but I thought rick was still out in the swamp land