cyclone
11-24-2003, 02:33 PM
why'd the history threads get moved?

miller19j
11-24-2003, 02:52 PM
I was wondering the same thing? I really enjoyed them. :(

fourspeednup
11-24-2003, 02:57 PM
The info made me feel uncomfortable so I tattled to the moderator....;)
-four(easily offended)speed:D

cyclone
11-24-2003, 03:00 PM
oh well im sorry that those awful photos of BOATS hurt your feelings. :D

Jake W
11-24-2003, 03:06 PM
The same reason Hammer moved my NOS thread he said it was no JETBOAT related.He even moved my WTF is my thread,well( thread).Pretty Gay if you ask me it was not like it was a bunch of Nutts on the thread.My thread was on hear for 2 weeks befor he moved it.
Jake:rolleyes:

fourspeednup
11-24-2003, 03:09 PM
What the hell are boat pics doing on this website? I thought this was a place I could bitch and moan and argue about everything! And don't you dare post any pics of near naked ladies!
-four(thought he was still in the sandbar)speed
PS---Oh yeah, they're right here:
history #1 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35244)
history #2 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35292)
history #3 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35323)

cyclone
11-24-2003, 03:35 PM
so its safe to say that The Man (hammer) is keeping us down with his overzealous, micromanaging tendencies? Damn The Man!

miller19j
11-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
The same reason Hammer moved my NOS thread he said it was no JETBOAT related.He even moved my WTF is my thread,well( thread).Pretty Gay if you ask me it was not like it was a bunch of Nutts on the thread.My thread was on hear for 2 weeks befor he moved it.
Jake:rolleyes:
If that’s the reason it’s pure BS! Here are three threads that are not “Jet Related” on the first page of the Just Jets section.
Sounds like someone has a little God Complex going! :rolleyes:
Thread 1 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35342)
Thread 2 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34984)
Thread 3 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34986)

fourspeednup
11-24-2003, 03:57 PM
The guy's that started those threads all had less than 30 posts. Give them some time to figure out how it all works. That's why the mods are there, to keep the site on track.
Probably shouldn't have put the history threads into hot boats cuz of the slow traffic.
I'm gonna get :burningm: :burningm: :burningm:'ed for this one

cyclone
11-24-2003, 04:15 PM
its too bad he moved them. i put them here for my friends in the jet forum. I dont even read the hot boat forum.

Squirtcha?
11-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Well Mike, at least the diehard readers got to see and enjoy em for a couple days.......................til they got f'ing moved. Thanks, they were great and I saved all the photos on my harddrive. Sure hope nobody raids my harddrive and moves em off there.

Hustler
11-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Thats just wrong. I think our moderator has been a little trigger happy latley. Well thanks for putting those up Mike that was some great stuff. As for our moderator :yuk:

HammerDown
11-24-2003, 04:51 PM
The History 1,2,3 was moved over to the Hot Boats Title...I did leave a redirect to that thread. And it's still there.
The NOS thread was moved over to "Gear Heads" where it was felt to be more appropriate in the Gear Head section of this form. At no area in that thread did I see any mention of Jet Boats.
I did fail to leave a redirect for that thread...but its still there also.
Ya can't make everyone happy all the time...but for sure the sky's not falling.
One things for sure...the pro's about how this thread and the rest of the Forum is now vs how it was not to long ago far out way the con's.
I just checked again...the sky's still not falling.
This Thread and post (mine) isnt Jet related and will also be removed shortly.

miller19j
11-24-2003, 04:55 PM
I guess I will just post all my Threads in the Just Jets section so you can tell me where they belong. :rolleyes:

HammerDown
11-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
I guess I will just post all my Threads in the Just Jets section so you can tell me where they belong. :rolleyes:
Well if your STILL confused on what, where, how to post I suggest to read the very top post in Just Jets...it's there to help ya out:rolleyes:

sidewound
11-24-2003, 05:12 PM
GO MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!
This isn't related either!!!!!!!!!!\Just LMFAO at the posts.
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

fourspeednup
11-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Those pics were great. I actually found myself returning to the threads many times to see if I had missed anything while on the can. Something that can't be said about most of the others.:rolleyes:

Squirtcha?
11-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Wellllllll hammer. Let's see here. I suppose it's open to interpretation to some degree, but my take on the sticky was to try to calm down some of the flaming and crap, which is a good thing. I don't, however, get the moving of posts that are posted by jetters, for jetters and about jets.
Don'tcha think we're getting just a little carried away here?
Oh yeah, fourspeednup
I actually found myself returning to the threads many times to see if I had missed anything while on the can
You need to get a laptop.

Jake W
11-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Hammer dude are you being for real you are telling me NOS thread was not about jets when I have a jet its going in.It was not like I was talking about a Camaros or something.Dont be a hater from now on I will include JETBOAT in all my posts.
Jake
:rolleyes:

LVjetboy
11-24-2003, 07:25 PM
People usually post where they feel comfortable and want responses from the forum they post. Some post anywhere and take what they get. But for a moderator to move threads...this just not right. Lock ok if you must (I don't agree with this either) for extreme bs, but move based on subject matter? No way! Sure I'm anti-moderator to begin with but this? This's just not right. Hammer, I know you're doing the best in your opinion and I don't envy your job, but I think you're messing with free will here and for no good reason.
This is bullsh*t.
jer

miller19j
11-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Well if your STILL confused on what, where, how to post I suggest to read the very top post in Just Jets...it's there to help ya out:rolleyes: Yes I am confused. I thought this was the Jets forum and if I am not mistaken this picture that you moved is a jet and the thread had to do with jet and v-drive history.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/45IMG_2118-med.JPG
Apparently this is the Hammerdown Forum now. I am all for cleaning up the crap that was on here (name calling, BS) but moving threads just to show that you can that’s ridicules! Come on its time for your swelled head to come back to earth.
If you want to feel powerful and impress all your friends I can post all my threads here so you can place them where you see fit. :rolleyes:

miller19j
11-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
If that’s the reason it’s pure BS! Here are three threads that are not “Jet Related” on the first page of the Just Jets section.
Sounds like someone has a little God Complex going! :rolleyes:
Thread 1 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35342)
Thread 2 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34984)
Thread 3 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34986) PS Hammerdown you never did respond to this :rolleyes:

Blown 472
11-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Game on.

cyclone
11-25-2003, 08:56 AM
hammer- i'm not angry and i'm not here to say you're doing a bad job. I do think any bs posts (read name calling, threats, what someone had for lunch) dont belong here. But moving a thread about nitrous oxide which i'm interested in and how it applies to my jet boat, or moving a thread about the history of our boats, is taking it a bit far.

Jet Hydro
11-25-2003, 09:38 AM
Maybe he only looked at the pictures? In the first post it say`s "enjoy the nostalgia and eventually we'll get to the jet boats." Look`s like someone said JET BOAT to me!

flat broke
11-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Bring the threads back... NOW!!!
Hammer, you've done a pretty good job with the boards and keeping things on track, but the trigger must have stuck for these last two moves.
Mike's posts were put here for THIS SPECIFIC AUDIENCE. As already stated, a lot of us don't even check the "Hot Boat" forum because it's off topic for OUR interests. I didn't check the NOS thread so I can't comment on that, but those history threads belong here. The intent was to show the evolution of ***boats and how the performance jetboat came about. I know you're aware that there is a high regard for the heritage of the low profile performance custom on this particular forum. The "Hot Boat" forum is pretty much a euphanism for what HOT BOAT the magazine now considers hot boats... 23' and up Mercruiser powered boats.
I've said my piece and I don't envy your position (even turned it down when offered by another site), but that doesn't mean that I'll sit with my thumb up my ass while the bounty of our forum is harvested for an audience that doesn't even care about our genre of boats.
Chris

superdave013
11-25-2003, 11:43 AM
If Hammerdown was the mod in the v drive forum there would be no posts in there. :rolleyes:
But he would be busy that's for sure. lol
Oh, jet boat

Jet City
11-25-2003, 02:34 PM
While I don't agree that Cyclone's History or Jake's N20 (for God's sake stop calling it NOS) threads should have been moved, I must say that HD has really turned this place around and turned the focus back to what it should be, just jets. It was not all that long ago that half the threads were dominated by certain "fan clubs", "valve cover stickers", and many more gripes and bitches that added zero value.
Now if the V-Drive forum could whip a few turds in line that are stinkin' up the place (Jim Anderson, Dog Eat Dog, the entire Knutt family, etc.) the world would be a better place, all moron's should be directed to the Sandbar.

likwidsukr
11-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Well Mike, at least the diehard readers got to see and enjoy em for a couple days.......................til they got f'ing moved. Thanks, they were great and I saved all the photos on my harddrive. Sure hope nobody raids my harddrive and moves em off there.
LOL!!! I think they are tracking you...LMFAO>>:D

miller19j
11-26-2003, 08:18 AM
nevermind