PDA

View Full Version : I gotta go to the doctor and I think they...

superdave013
11-24-2003, 03:00 PM
I gotta go to the doctor and I think they might want to cut on me. :(
A week ago last saturday I was out riding my Downhill bike. Like a fool I was trying to keep up with a bunch of younger and much faster riders then me.
Anyway I ate shit real bad and landed on a little stump that was about 2" round and sticking about 4" out of the ground. I was lucky to be wearing a chest protector but was unlucky to have said lil stick stab me right below said chest protector.
So it some how didn't break the skin but I got bruised like a mother f--ker.
No biggie, didn't hurt that bad after a bit. But it did turn black and blue. A few day later I was black and blue from my chest down my leg.
Now it's been over a week and is looking better but I've got this ****ing lump about the size of a baseball right at the impact point. This lump is hard too.
So I called the 'ol doc and am going in tomorrow.
Anyone else ever have anything like this happen to them? I don't want to get cut on if ya know what I'm sayin.

miller19j
11-24-2003, 03:02 PM
I hope everything goes well!
PS you are getting to old for that stuff! ;)

Jordy
11-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Wow, that sucks. Like Miller said, you're too old for that stuff. You need to find a safer hobby, like rocking chair racing. :D
Good luck tomorrow bud.

hack job
11-24-2003, 03:04 PM
wow dave ! iam sorry to hear aobut your little accident i was wondering how riding went and i was going to call you . i hope its nothing major i bet its just the bruise:eek: let me what comes of it.:frown: on anther note i ordered my fox alps shock today and it should be here next week some time then ill have to fab some kind of mount up i might be needing your help;) any how hope all is well and becarefull. make sure you get it looked at:frown:

superdave013
11-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Gee thanks guys. But next year I'm racing the Master (i.e. old guy) class.
I just want to get this baseball out of my gut right now!

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-24-2003, 03:06 PM
sorry to here about this accident you had keepin up to the yougsters.. LOL!! but you may have some sort of muscle spasm or even a clot of some kind.. let them tell you what is best and do what they say,, just because it doesn't hurt anymore doesn't mean nothing is wrong.. Good luck and hope all goes well.. keep us up to date on what is wrong.. ;)

Her454
11-24-2003, 03:08 PM
SD, hope all goes well, keep us posted.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Ok, my situation isn't quite as bad but we were towing a wake boarder and he let go of the rope and it came flying into the back of the boat and the handle nailed me in the arm. Turned black and blue, etc. etc. and a hard lump formed almost immediately. I still have the lump from the impact point. Its been about 5-6 months now. It doesn't hurt or anything anymore and the lump is getting smaller, I never went to the doc for it either.
I think and hope you will be ok!
:D

superdave013
11-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by hack job
wow dave ! iam sorry to hear aobut your little accident i was wondering how riding went and i was going to call you . i hope its nothing major i bet its just the bruise:eek: let me what comes of it.:frown: on anther note i ordered my fox alps shock today and it should be here next week some time then ill have to fab some kind of mount up i might be needing your help;) any how hope all is well and becarefull. make sure you get it looked at:frown:
I was going to call you but we ended up going to a different spot. It's wicked steep and fast. I've ridden it a bunch of times. Just my # finally came up.
Trust me, it's more then just a bruise.

fourspeednup
11-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
sorry to here about this accident you had keepin up to the yougsters.. LOL!! but you may have some sort of muscle spasm or even a clot of some kind.. let them tell you what is best and do what they say,, just because it doesn't hurt anymore doesn't mean nothing is wrong.. Good luck and hope all goes well.. keep us up to date on what is wrong.. ;)
That's definately your best bet:cool:
After my friend ate sh!t couple weeks ago at the freestyle MX event in San Diego (placed 5th) he felt fine. Drove 3 hours back to Ventura and felt a little tired. Had a few beers and went to sleep. Woke up middle of the night with chest pain and couldn't breath! Face all purple! Turned out to be left lung had slowly collapsed! Point is, it's smart to get it checked out. Then get back out there at least 2 weeks before the doc said it was OK:D

superdave013
11-24-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
Ok, my situation isn't quite as bad but we were towing a wake boarder and he let go of the rope and it came flying into the back of the boat and the handle nailed me in the arm. Turned black and blue, etc. etc. and a hard lump formed almost immediately. I still have the lump from the impact point. Its been about 5-6 months now. It doesn't hurt or anything anymore and the lump is getting smaller, I never went to the doc for it either.
I think and hope you will be ok!
:D
That's good to hear. I hate going but I'm breaking down and doing it anyway.
Those ropes come up hard hu? My brother and his friends are hard core skiers. At 20' off if they miss a turn ball that handle will crack some skulls or break some windshields.
They ended up putting a net on one of the boats.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-24-2003, 03:34 PM
also Dave forgot to mention.. they may not need to cut you open it is possible they can give you an ultrasound like they give pregnant woman.. not saying anything bad about your baseball just thought it may ease your mind about getting cut open.. hope it helps .. you will also be in our thoughts,, ;)

hack job
11-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
I was going to call you but we ended up going to a different spot. It's wicked steep and fast. I've ridden it a bunch of times. Just my # finally came up.
Trust me, it's more then just a bruise.
thats cool i figured that some thing came up . dosne sound like i would have gotten very far. lol
well i would go to the doc and defintaly let them take a look . but its more than likly nothing big. when i took my little tumble in feb or what ever it was i got some wicked bruises, and even now my lower back has some hard spots( i think mostly due to the scaring) lol
let the doc take a look.;) we will have to see you race a couple of times this next season . i have never gone to those type of races before.;)

twistedpair
11-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Hopefully they can just drain it, although those big-ass horse needles are no fun either!:eek:
Good luck, I hope it's something minor.

Infomaniac
11-24-2003, 04:05 PM
I can think of dozens of smart ass things to say.
I will bite my tongue this time.
Go to the doctor, do what he says and get better. :argue:

Kilrtoy
11-24-2003, 04:39 PM
That dont sound too good, Hope all is well for ya.......

DansBlown73Nordic
11-24-2003, 05:02 PM
I have a hard Lump in my Shorts!!!!!:eek: Ooops did I say that!!!!!!:D

Keithb87
11-24-2003, 05:27 PM
An old friend of mine had smarted off to some youngsters Way back. He got his ASS KICKED real bad. They beat him with a base ball bat, and a tire iron, annd what everelse they could get ahold of him with.
Any way.... He still has a lump on his back. It's about a "B" cup sized lump. Yea we tease him about it, but He is fine otherwise.
If it were me, I'd have it removed, but that's just me. :D
Hope you feel better and don't need to go under the knife.

cc322
11-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Dave hope all goes ok with your doc appt. Remember trying to keep up with the young guys was the right thing to do:D Being active is what keeps you young, age is only a number. Its not being active that makes you old.

AzDon
11-24-2003, 05:41 PM
I had the winch on the car trailer get away from me 2 weeks ago while I was unloading Nick's truck chassis. I tried to trip the catch and the crank whacked me on the back of the hand about 3 or 4 times. If I hadn't been wearing heavy gloves, it would have skinned me to the bones of my thumb and index finger, down to the wrist. I have a hard lump about half the size of a golf ball between those 2 bones, just above the wrist. No breaks, and nothing shows on x-rays. Doc hasn't said what the lump is!

flat broke
11-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Dave,
Sorry to hear ya got roughed up. The good news is that it's not a punctured lung :)
Ditto on what someone else said about the ultrasound. No sense cutting you open for something that might be nothing. We're not exactly living in the dark ages. Shit, I requested a CT scan for Hacker when he biffed in Parker. If I wouldn't have asked, they would have just sent him home with some gauze. The good news is that nothing was wrong, but now we know for sure. Same with your lump, get some imaging done and know for sure beyond what the doc can see from a small incision.
I hope all goes well and you'll be up and hauling ass soon.
Chris

Jungle Boy
11-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Sounds like he may have to go in through your asshole to check things out. That's going to be rather uncomfortable for sure, but you'll pull through. Good luck with your repair job. I just got over those 6 broken ribs and chest injuries are not fun. :frown: