PDA

View Full Version : Boards Be boring-who's got projects?

HotHallet
11-24-2003, 05:01 PM
With winter setting in the boards have been a bit dry lately so I was wondering what everyone has planned to do to their boats for the winter! I know some of you are pretty secretive when it comes to mods on your boats but for those who don't mind having it out in the open lets here what you have planned. As for me my Hallett Bubble is getting some upgrades this winter including a new motor, fresh pump, and blueprinted bottom.
Motor: Building a 514 Stroker Ford with 10:1 compression and Edelbrock aluminum heads. Induction will be a Weiand tunnel ram with two Holley 600 (4150 style) double pumper carbs. Running a lunati hydraulic flat tappet camshaft.
Pump: Taking my old JC to Jack at MPD and having the bowl converted for a droop. Going to have a ride plate and shoe installed and the pump completely rebuilt and powdercoated.
Bottom: Bennett is going to work his magic!
Now I just have to figure out how to pay for all of this!
Anybody else doing trick stuff to their jet boats over the winter?

sidewound
11-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey HH,
Glad you mentioned "Jetboat" in your post! LOL:D
I'm doing some rigging, carb work, wiring and guages. Most my work was done last year! Most the BLING BLING anyhow.
I'll post picks of my progress.
Peace Man:cool:
CESAR

HammerDown
11-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Maybe that new 572 crate motor from GM...for my "JETBOAT" Good thing I caught myself:p

Clown
11-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Maybe that new 572 crate motor from GM...for my "JETBOAT" Good thing I caught myself:p
:D """"""YA-------GOOD-------THING""""""":D
JET BOAT:yuk:

TRG
11-24-2003, 06:28 PM
tossin' arround the idea of a "WAKKA" on the back of the ol red tugg!!! just a thought! i heard they are fast!!!!lol

Clown
11-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
tossin' arround the idea of a "WAKKA" on the back of the ol red tugg!!! just a thought! i heard they are fast!!!!lol
I'm Sorry Did I miss Read that
You said wakka On the RED TUG
That is for the Red TUG forum
I didnt see any jet boat related stuff in that post:rolleyes:

Squirtcha?
11-24-2003, 06:34 PM
You didn't say "jetboat"

sidewound
11-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Clown
I'm Sorry Did I miss Read that
You said wakka On the RED TUG
That is for the Red TUG forum
I didnt see any jet boat related stuff in that post:rolleyes:
It wasn't a post it was a reply! I think ya can say dumb shit unrelated to jets if it's a reply. Hey I'm breakin new ground here like everyone else. Clown your dumbassedness is welcome here with the squirter post. Better be a squirt. You need to post a pic so we can discern!
By the way this is my jetboat plastered all over my response.
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

PipesClean
11-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Has someone been talking to Barney?

Clown
11-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by sidewound
It wasn't a post it was a reply! I think ya can say dumb shit unrelated to jets if it's a reply. Hey I'm breakin new ground here like everyone else. Clown your dumbassedness is welcome here with the squirter post. Better be a squirt. You need to post a pic so we can discern!
By the way this is my jetboat plastered all over my response.
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR
RIPP AWAY:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1222MVC-003F-med.JPG

SPECTRABRENT
11-24-2003, 08:31 PM
I have two projects going:
First project is Spectra XS24 v-drive.
I have already redone the gelcoat (took 2 years), boat cover, bimni top, bought Stuart WArner Guages, popup cleats & billett vents.
Building 540 inch chevy, it will include:
Tall Deck IV Bowtie Block
Carrillo Rods
Crower Crank (4.250)
JE Pistons
Dart Pro1 Heads
Dart intake manifold & 1050 Dom.
MSD, Dist, 6M, Soft touck rev. limiter
Dooley 14 qt oil pan
Teague Offshore Oil Cooler
Adding full Stainless Cavitation Plate
Redoing the trailer:
Adding Pivot Hitch
Spare Tire Holder
Repainting trailer white
Second Project Spectra 20 Jet:
Redoing the gelcoat (Joes Tooling) and blueprinting bottom
R/R intake to add ride plate & shoe (reset as far back as possible)
Berkeley JG Pump will include: (Jim Brock will do the pump work)
Dons preloader, stainless "A" impeller, AQ Shaft, Berkeley Droop (short), Placediverter and Stellings foot override.
Blown 540 inch Chevy (Short deck Bowtie IV), 10/71, intercooler,
Dart Heads (dont know what size yet), MSD, Dooley 14 Qt Oil pan. (I am hoping for at least 75 mph with setup)
As for the interior, I dont know who will do it, but it will look all original, full back to back bench, dog house & two jump seats in back. I will also go with a stainless bimni top.
Trailer is a Competitive and it will be redone.
The Spectra 24 will be done early 2004. The Spectra 20 will take about 1 year to build (I hope spring/summer 2005).
Travis, maybe you could do a little write-up in Truckin Mag on my Spectra projects.
Good Luck with your Hallet,
Brent

LakesOnly
11-24-2003, 08:57 PM
I have been assembling parts to stuff a BBF 429 into a 1982 Mustang. It was going to eventually be a 533 stroker....3000 lb car w/600HP. I was going to set it up for Drag Racing.
I have just about everything compiled now. But I'm getting out of it. I'm sick of working on big block cars with 2 inches of clearance to the fenderwells Grease to my elbows because I have to reach:mad:....screw that.
So I've decided to go Liquid Quarter Mile. Keeping the engine and selling off the 1982 Mustang with FMS coils springs, 5.0 sway bars, 8.8 LSD and a C6. All that's neede is a conversion kit (BBF/Mustang headers, oil pan, motor and trans x-members) and the engine drops in, if anyone's interested. My motor will end up in another boat, thanks very much.
Also, I'm just about done prepping the 1970 Chrysler 300 for sell. hate to see that one go.
LO

HavasuBarney
11-24-2003, 09:19 PM
You're such a STUD! :D

TRG
11-24-2003, 09:38 PM
ive been eating my wheaties, barn!!!
ps) is that beer offer still stand for the week of 4/20/04?

HavasuBarney
11-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Hell Yes! :)

Jet Hydro
11-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Other than a new motor in the Camaro I`m just planning on a hole new bottom for the Jet Hydro. The Camaro is almost done:D the Jet Hydro is next. I`ll post pic`s as we go

superdave013
11-24-2003, 10:53 PM
I gotta get in on this:
JET BOAT

Jet Hydro
11-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Dave we all knew that you would come around to knowing that you really needed a jet boat sooner or later..lol :D

bordsmnj
11-25-2003, 01:22 AM
project?
fill uptank(with gas not fuel:( )
change oil and maybe spark plug or two
and a 23" prooo......impeller,yeah...
k&n filter for the thrrotlebody
maybe some custom lighting headers
jetboat:D

JustMVG
11-25-2003, 01:32 AM
Bordsmnj, i thought you were saving up for some other "bolt ons":D , J/K.
MikeVG

bordsmnj
11-25-2003, 01:54 AM
only if i wanna be blown:D hafta save up for both toys at once and since the nice ones ( awhipple and double d's)go for about the same price...it's gonna be a while. gotta save and do it right.

BrendellaJet
11-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Being that my JETBOAT was upside down all summer, it didn't get used at all this past summer . As long as things go as planned, She should be ready by April.
New Gel Coat by me!
DNE 496 HBJET motor
New interior
Stage 3 MPD pump(already done)
Bottom by Bennett-this weekend?
Im installing the intake for the pump this weekend. Body work is 90% done, just some block sanding left. Once the bottom is done the gel will go on. After that I figure the hard part is done, I just need to give my money away to the right people! With any luck, she will even float!

Jet Hydro
11-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Whats a DNE 496 HBJET motor ? Are you buying HBjet`s motor or did DNE start marketing a DNE 496 HBJET motor?

cyclone
11-25-2003, 09:01 AM
uh oh. here we go again. wait a second guys because i gotta go make about 5lbs of pop secret for this one...
I wonder how many folks it would piss off if dave marketed that motor with an HBJet sticker on the valve covers?:eek!:

BrendellaJet
11-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
Whats a DNE 496 HBJET motor ? Are you buying HBjet`s motor or did DNE start marketing a DNE 496 HBJET motor?
Nope, just building one very similar...Ill probably lose the tunnel ram...

Jet Hydro
11-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Sounds like you`ll have a nice boat when your done. Good luck on the project ;)

superdave013
11-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by cyclone
uh oh. here we go again. wait a second guys because i gotta go make about 5lbs of pop secret for this one...
I wonder how many folks it would piss off if dave marketed that motor with an HBJet sticker on the valve covers?:eek!:
That's a great idea.
It would even piss people off more when guys take that engine package to Bako and started winning races.
I bet Randy's boat would be a good bracket racer.
Highjack:
Next year in March I think that it's gonna be Mike F, Cyclone and HB Jet pitted right in a row.
But guys, could you pit where the action is? That North 40 area that Dave and all the other jet heads pit at sucks.
Pit up by the fence by the in ramp staging area ok. :D
Predictions: :D
I think Cyclone will be the fastest but will be over two seconds slower then the top ski flat. :D :D
HB jet will be next fastest and will also be quicker the 565 edge. :D
But Mike F will dial in to the best bracket number and run that number every time. He will take home the money his first race.
Hey Cyclone, pass the friggen popcorne will ya :D

cyclone
11-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
That's a great idea.
It would even piss people off more when guys take that engine package to Bako and started winning races.
I bet Randy's boat would be a good bracket racer.
Highjack:
Next year in March I think that it's gonna be Mike F, Cyclone and HB Jet pitted right in a row.
But guys, could you pit where the action is? That North 40 area that Dave and all the other jet heads pit at sucks.
I think Cyclone will be the fastest but will be over two seconds slower then the top ski flat. :D :D
But Mike F will dial in to the best bracket number and run that number every time. He will take home the money his first race.
im torn between pitting with Brule since he's helping with my motor or with MPD who's working on the pump (AGAIN!)
my predictions.....
I know nothing about the classes or what the fastest ski flat runs but i do know I'll red light every round because i'll be so excited to run.
HBJet- well i dont have a clue what he'll do. But since he's got Dave and Jack in his back pocket to help out he'll probably do really good.
MikeF could potentially do better than half of the field out there but until he puts the pedal to the floor for more than 3 seconds we'll never know!!! :eek:
just a little motivation for ya mikey! :D
Oh and Tom Bandy will spank us all now that he's a race verteran. :D

superdave013
11-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Mike, the top ski flat was running in the 7.56 range. So if I add 2 seconds that still a very good 9.56 for your first time out.
BTW, my first pass was 103mph @ 10.86 so I'm thinkin you'll do better then I did at first.
Oh,
JET BOAT

flat broke
11-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BrendellaJet
Nope, just building one very similar...Ill probably lose the tunnel ram...
Brendella,
Care to elaborate on your induction choice? Single carb? NOS? Injected?
Chris

BrendellaJet
11-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Well, im not decided, so if anyone has some suggestions, please feel free. I would rather have one carb. I was thinking a victor and an hp950...

cyclone
Mike, the top ski flat was running in the 7.56 range. So if I add 2 seconds that still a very good 9.56 for your first time out.
BTW, my first pass was 103mph @ 10.86 so I'm thinkin you'll do better then I did at first.
Oh,
JET BOAT
that sounds about right but you forgot to shave a half second off of your estimate for cutting a red light. :D

flat broke
Dave,
You forgot two other boats. Last time I talked to Joe, we thought it'd be entertaining to run the Hustler with its new mill, as well as my tank in the river racer class ;)
What size pipe thread do those fogger nozzles use? :D
On a more serious note, and back on track for HHs thread,
The 20 will be getting a new DNE HBjet Pro Series Deluxe. 496 Mech Roller, deal with aluminum heads and bigger stickers. (The Al heads are part of the pro series designation, and the bigger stickers are only available with the Deluxe program)
That and some different speakers, and a lot of detail work between now and summer.
Chris

Jet Hydro
11-25-2003, 10:23 AM
HB jet will be next fastest and will also be quicker the 565 edge.
I might have to drive out there for that one!
Hell, if I do I`ll even bring the Hydro..lol... I just cant see HB putting the Smack Down on 565, just dont see it , sorry....ROTFLMAO...:D

Larry Nebb
11-25-2003, 10:25 AM
I saw Mike F at the last race. He was scoping things out very close. That guy seems to have his act together.
I watched 565 Edge run. Lets just say that I think this HB Jet guy will send that turd packin the first round.
I don't know this cyclone cat but he's got a pretty red and white boat. Anything with red must be fast.

cyclone
11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by flat broke
Dave,
You forgot two other boats. Last time I talked to Joe, we thought it'd be entertaining to run the Hustler with its new mill, as well as my tank in the river racer class ;)
What size pipe thread do those fogger nozzles use? :D
On a more serious note, and back on track for HHs thread,
The 20 will be getting a new DNE HBjet Pro Series Deluxe. 496 Mech Roller, deal with aluminum heads and bigger stickers. (The Al heads are part of the pro series designation, and the bigger stickers are only available with the Deluxe program)
That and some different speakers, and a lot of detail work between now and summer.
Chris
i think we could have one hell of a pit party after the race if everyone shoes up. :D

cyclone
11-25-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
I might have to drive out there for that one!
Hell, if I do I`ll even bring the Hydro..lol... I just cant see HB putting the Smack Down on 565, just dont see it , sorry....ROTFLMAO...:D
man if you actually showed up i'll buy all your beer for the weekend. it would put a lot of bs to rest dont ya think?

superdave013
11-25-2003, 11:35 AM
that sounds about right but you forgot to shave a half second off of your estimate for cutting a red light. :D
Red light will not change your ET. ET is the time it takes to trip the starting beam and the one at the finsh line.
The only thing a red light will do is make you beat yourself.
Better to be a little late then early. That way you can leave on a different number next time.
You should try and run 2 classes also. That way you will get at least 4 shot at the lights on Saturday.

Jet Hydro
11-25-2003, 12:18 PM
man if you actually showed up i'll buy all your beer for the weekend. it would put a lot of bs to rest dont ya think?
It has in the past anyway.
I will show up some time in the near future, you can bank on it. I`v been planning on a trip out to the NJBA races for some time, I`v just got to make sure it`s on kill before I drive 48 hours to play on new ground. There`s a lot of good racers out there (Not saying that I haven't found a few already ) so I`v got to be on game if I`m gona play in their pool!
cyclone I`v only met one person on this board that I cant seem to get a long with. He`s a racer from Texas with an o/b, he still hasn't got over the fact that I flat out smoked him in the 12. class 3 years a go. He`s the one that started the crap about me being a sandbagger...lol.. I`m not saying that I cant get a long with him but he cant get a long with me. It`s his problem not mine. I`ll be more than happy to drink a few with ya.

Jet City
11-25-2003, 01:47 PM
The only project I've got cooking right now is helping my uncle build a SBC for his '82 Hallet 21' daycruiser, it has a Volvo-Penta 280 outdrive with a 260 HP 350 Chevy, the new small block will be a 9.37:1 CR 383 cube (5.7" rods) that will have Pro Topline 200cc Pro Lightning heads (72cc chambers), Crane H272 cam (216/228 @ .050 .454/.480 lift 112lsa 110ica). The intake will be Weiand Stealth topped with a 650 vac sec, elec choke Barry Gibb Sea Demon, according to DD2000 it should be good for 345HP 393 FT Lbs torque with the Penta exhaust manifolds and push the boat to around 70 mph.

hack job
11-25-2003, 04:41 PM
well it sounds like it iam not going to be able to compete with any of you, so i better go get the sticker. ( or maybe a blower) ;) any how iam doing some carb work and iam also throwing around the idea of a cam change( if you know me that means i will but not till like a week before the cbbb, got to mak it intresting lol) i will most likly do the cam change after the first of the year. and see what i cna get out of that. right now things look like ill ave the slowest boat at the races lol. meaning ill be dong a shit load of pitting. ( i.e . drinking);)

TRG
11-25-2003, 04:44 PM
just gettin started on another one, ots for a good friend of mine!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662marc2-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662marc3-med.JPG

460rogers
11-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Cool is that an 18' Rogers? I hope to have my 19' ready early next year.Have been to busy to do anything lately.Still need to finish building seats and blocking front(damn I'm being pickie).Hope to finishseats before christmas if it warms up just a little.Still need to order place diverter and finish building gas tanks.HUMMMM sounds like maybe july.

cyclone
11-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Jet hydro- im sure we'd get along just fine when you come out.
todd- holy crap that came out good!! can't wait to see it in person.

Clown
11-25-2003, 06:27 PM
just gettin started on another one, ots for a good friend of mine!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662marc2-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662marc3-med.JPG
MY OLD LADY WOULD SHOOT ME IF I WAS DOING GLASS WORK - PAINT WORK - ENGINE WORK --
Next to her washer and dryer:confused:
God Damn:cool:
Nice Dolly .

565edge
11-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Well with my boat making a full pass it will be a different story.If any of you noticed at the races i do have a ignition problem.But with a e.t. of 9.91 and and the best of 109.5mph without a full run is pretty good.You guys can talk all the crap you want but atleast i went out there and did it.I do have all the videos that my daddy bought me and my motor would die as soon as stabbed it,when the boat would fire back up i was a at the lights and stabbed it.I think on a full pass it will run better.My new ignition is on its way and i will be ready for the first race next year.So good luck to all you.I will be ready for hbjet!

superdave013
11-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 565edge
Well with my boat making a full pass it will be a different story.If any of you noticed at the races i do have a ignition problem.But with a e.t. of 9.91 and and the best of 109.5mph without a full run is pretty good.You guys can talk all the crap you want but atleast i went out there and did it.I do have all the videos that my daddy bought me and my motor would die as soon as stabbed it,when the boat would fire back up i was a at the lights and stabbed it.I think on a full pass it will run better.My new ignition is on its way and i will be ready for the first race next year.So good luck to all you.I will be ready for hbjet!
Looks like I got a hook up! :D
Bro, you know I was just funnin with ya

Cs19
11-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Keep room for one more new guy next spring, by the looks of things, I will be up and running, ready to pick on the v-bottom crew by the first or second race.:D
However, I will not be pitting in the "hero pits". I will be down past the out ramp, where the fast jets are.:D

MikeF
11-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Ya know.............
I really have no idea what will happen during my 1st race:o . Just standing there at the line I could feel the live tension that was going on in front of me. I can only hope I have my act together and don't make a complete a$$ of myself:p .
Cyclone, I hope you've got you shite together cause I want you to bring the 5lb's of pop secret.(I imagine you might bring the 10lb bag for good measure);) Flat water and I'll flat foot it!:D I more than likely will be bringing up the rear but I figure it is a good reason to help see what adjustments do what to the "clocks".
Dave, Put me on the spot before I've ever set hull on a race course. Don't set the bar too high yet.;)
Todd, She is looking SWEET!:cool:
Hack Job, Been thinking of the same on the cam swap, but I probably won't until I decide to change the heads.:cool:
Larry, I'm always looking! Saw a whole bunch of "stuff" that was really trick. Kinda keeps the mind open to.....is there a better way. You should have introduced yourself to Dave and I! Although I think JBG would have tooled you!:eek:

Danhercules
11-25-2003, 08:30 PM
This winter, I am gonna work on my "jetboat". I am gonna rebuild the pump on my "jetboat". I am gonna get the intioior done on my "jetboat".I am also gonna tear in to the motor of my "jetboat". I wanna switch out the heads, new cam and timming chain for my "jetboat".
Now I jsut need to get off my ass and start the work on my "jetboat".
Is this post related to "jetboats"?

Jake W
11-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Todd that looks bitchen.Is that the boat you were standing buy in a pic on a nother thread(did you get all that HaHa).
I have a 18 Earl Smith gullwing to put togeather this winter.It needs a little glass work like filling some unwanted holes like gasfiller holes,raido ,extra gages.extra knobs.alittle set back.Then instaling a rail kit and pump brace ,Machined intake back cut shoe ride plate G berk suction AB Berk imp,Aggressor inducer,Bowl,droop,ftn Placediverter ,top loader and Jetaway.It will have a 10 gallon IMCO center tank.And racing buckets with tweed int.460 ford with some short stright Bassetts,victor intake ,Biggs carb,Canton 10 qt pan ,the usual comp cam,429 timing chain gears,MSD ignition distrebuter and 100 shot NX kit.Lighting foot peadel.Beede gages,Bad billet wheel,all new cables stearing,wireing.You know the usual bare hull to lake boat stuff.
Look Chet I am going to use all my parts now you can rest easy.
Jake:D

Cs19
11-25-2003, 10:49 PM
sounds like a fun project Jake, Should haul ass too. Get us some pics when you can.

TRG
11-25-2003, 11:13 PM
this is what i started with before i started on the cap. just tryin my hand at custom painting,... damn now i know why BillyB gets what he gets for what he does! tedious work, but still fun!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9roger_s_hull-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662mark4-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662mark6-med.JPG
i have a video camera that is about the biggest piece of turd!!!

TRG
11-25-2003, 11:15 PM
clown)...by the way ive recently taken up laundry duties!!!it keeps the bitchin' to a low "ROAR"!

Jet City
11-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Some real nice looking work Todd.

hack job
11-26-2003, 08:01 AM
todd that is some slick work you have done there! but nothing out of the ordenaire for you! all your work is awsome!;)

superdave013
11-26-2003, 08:05 AM
this is what i started with before i started on the cap. just tryin my hand at custom painting,... damn now i know why BillyB gets what he gets for what he does! tedious work, but still fun!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9roger_s_hull-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662mark4-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662mark6-med.JPG
i have a video camera that is about the biggest piece of turd!!!
Todd, looks ****ing GREAT man.
Yeah Billy's the man when it comes to paint but it looks like you are getting the hang of it pretty damn quick.
Did you find some shop space yet? I'll be looking real hard for something after the first of the year. Maybe we could get something close to each other.

TRG
11-26-2003, 02:29 PM
actyally dave, ive found some spaces over in the city of fullerton bgman203's buddy knows of a couple of places that are contenders and i'll be making some decisions here after the first of the year!! by the way thanks for the kind words but anybody can pull a straight line with tape,... but when you get a bit more crafty and add "graphics" and diff. colors, thats when you step into another world!... "Billy's world"

Mopar426
11-28-2003, 03:57 AM
My Sleek 23 is getting a major makeover, just don't know where to start. My engine is half torn down, the inside is gutted. Last year I cut out the half stringers and glassed in full ones, put in a new floor and carpet. I have to come up with a good seat design, but I want the engine exposed. I have a new place diverter still in the box. If time permits I might add windows on the sides. I have until May 5th and then it's vacation time at the river for two weeks!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1223sleek23-thumb.jpg

Backtanner
11-28-2003, 06:22 AM
My big project is to do a Smokey and the Bandit type run out to Needles and back to pick up my boat before May. Better buy stock in NoDoze and Jolt cola. :D

Freakonaleash
12-10-2003, 06:48 PM
the new look.

Freakonaleash
12-10-2003, 06:49 PM
still trying to figer out how to post pics.

Freakonaleash
12-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Why are the pics so big here but in the image center they look fine??? is there something i should be doing different???thanks

coolchange
12-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Be cuttin the boat in half, top half. Build new deck and paint. Make motor plate to put powerglide on 389 Pontiac and hang a starter. Build new interior. Keep eyes open for dual or tri power manifold. Strictly "Old School":cool:

BrendellaJet
12-11-2003, 07:48 AM
well, turns out my block was not a good candidate for a 700 hp 496, so I bought a merlin block and am going to build a 540 instead. Jeff Bennett will be at my place on saturday working on the bottom.

Boater Bill
12-11-2003, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by toddnjuzz
[B]this is what i started with before i started on the cap. just tryin my hand at custom painting,... damn now i know why BillyB gets what he gets for what he does! tedious work, but still fun!
DAMN...I gotta get you to do a cap job on my ride.

TRG
12-11-2003, 02:16 PM
any time bill!

dgie
12-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Anyone remember me? :-) Going to put my engine back together, still in pieces right now, but ready for assembly.

pops1
12-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Freakonaleash
the new look. This must be TOP SECRET STUFF

Jet City
12-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Started another project a couple weeks ago, decided to finish my '71 Harley this winter, pics and details can be seen here for those interested...
http://www.clubchopper.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2339
Project #2 The other project I mentioned earlier, the SBC stroker for my uncle's Hallet is complete, just need to install the engine, break in the cam, tune, etc.
Project #3 Hopefully this spring I can keep my plans of finding a nice CP-19 Gullwing, there are other hulls I'd consider (Daytona, Rogers, and the splashes of these 3). I'll be shooting for a solid 80 mph build.

Freakonaleash
12-12-2003, 06:32 PM
not top secret just to dum to figer out hot to upload pic.

wrightnow
12-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Hey Guys,
You forgetting one more player for March, My motor should be done sometime around the first of the year, (right after you CS19). You know it takes tine to place those sticker on just right.
I will also be pitting down in the fast jet boat heaven, if I cant be fast maybe I will look fast pitting down there.
Cant wait, should be great time if everyone shows, What a great way to get the season started...
See everyone there.....
Mark

boatdude
12-13-2003, 08:21 AM
This 572 GM crate, I heard about this power plant, what's the specs on it ? I heard the cost is very reasonable compaired to others out there.
Be good...:cool:

dgie
12-13-2003, 10:15 AM
ok who hacked in and put cherries in my avatar????:mad: