PDA

View Full Version : Got The Shaft Again!Ever Been Screwd when buying Stuff "POST HERE"

Clown
11-24-2003, 06:29 PM
:mad: Orderd a custom oil pan for a friend .
Placed the order thru "JEFF JOHNSTON"
Just Wanted an oil pan that would clear a 4"Stroke Small Block
LOOKING Thru the catalog I Finally Find The One That will Work.
I order it. I'm told that it comes with a pickup and louvered windage screen.
:D :D OK GREAT!:D :D
I'LL Take It !!!!!
$600.00 Bones Later We Receive it :eek: LOOKS Awesome:eek:
But a couple of things are missing:mad:
No Pickup.
No Louvered windage Screen.
No place for a Dip Stick.
WE CALL JEFF and say HEY
He says OOOOOOO Me Sorry!
I'll Send you a pick up
and you didn;t order your pan with the OPTIONS "Like the Louvered Windage Screen,
Or the Dip stick hole in the pan
THOSE Are Options I SAy
If me and my friends DiDnt have to work We would be at the P.R.I. Show To share with him the words that Mother said Never to say!
Thanks for telling us about your options$$$$$$$$$

GofastRacer
11-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear that!.:mad: Guess I'm a dumb shit but who the fk is "JEFF JOHNSTON" ?????..:confused:

Clown
11-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by GofastRacer
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear that!.:mad: Guess I'm a dumb shit but who the fk is "JEFF JOHNSTON" ?????..:confused:
Jeff Of Billet Fabrication
He is in Simi Valley, CA.
Makes alot of custom pans and valve covers.

GofastRacer
11-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Ok I know who they are, just didn't connect the name!..Thanks!..

Kindsvater Flat
11-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear that clown but next time go hit up the guys in the Tig welder forum. They could whip one up. I built my pan after I found out how much they wanted for one.

superdave013
11-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Ok, I'll play.
Here's the link to the rant that I already have going against e bay seller pigbarnboats. click click for the info (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35451)

v-drive
11-25-2003, 05:45 AM
Bought a holley(rebuilt) from a place in NY, I think it was called more racing. I put it on and no fuel would flow through it. I played with it for a few hours before I pulled it apart an realized all that was done to it was it had been dipped without being taken apart. I tried to contact the guy but nothing. Contacted ebay and they said they have never had a problem with this vendor. The carb is sitting now as I am cleaning it and will rebuild it myself and I will never buy from ebay again unless it is local.
v-drive :mad:

Dave C
11-25-2003, 09:00 AM
that drives me crazy too.
chaulk that up to "idiot-salesmanship" and bad business.
Why don't some salesman tell you about the extras or other stuff that might work for you? Especially if you would buy it if they would just say something. How the hell are we supposed to know what they have in stock to sell? Do these guys work on commission or what?
Sometimes I wonder about some salesman:confused:

Schiada76
11-25-2003, 09:53 AM
:D

LakesOnly
11-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Check out this ebayer publicly denouncing the bunk deal he got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2444861942
LO

Clown
11-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
Sorry to hear that clown but next time go hit up the guys in the Tig welder forum. They could whip one up. I built my pan after I found out how much they wanted for one.
I have Modified pans Before and let me tell you,I would not want to make a Complete pan out of aluminum
Theres alot of time involved in whippin one up
And if its just a ONE OF its a pain in the $uckin A$$
But I hear Ya .:)
If You Want Something DONE RIGHT ,YOU MUST DO IT YOURSELF!

Cas
11-26-2003, 08:24 AM
I guess I've been pretty lucky so far with the sellers I've bought from, everything was as described.
The only problem I've really had was with UPS. I bought a tunnel ram with carb and velocity stack for $125.00. The TR needed some additional polishing but it came out great. Anyway, the box was obviously damaged when it was delivered, opened it up and sure enough, the throttle plate on the holley was broken. It was a fresh break right in the place where the box was damaged most. Called UPS, they came and picked it up for there claims department to look at....I haven't seen it since (3 months). The seller hasn't seen it either. Numerous calls to UPS and they say they can't do anything about it since it wasn't packaged exactly the way it was originally done.....whatever......
Just send the carb back to me and I'll take care of it.
Sorry, we don't know what happened to it.
WTF?
It wasn't anything special, just a Holley 1850-1 650 cfm that needed a kit, probably pick them up for $25.00 all day long. It's the damn principle of it all.
Anyone need a Weiand Rec port TR (polished) single carb top?
125.00 plus shipping
real good condition, all threads are good.
Money back gaurantee. If you don't like it, send it back within3 days and get your $125.00 back.
I decided to go with a Weiand Team G single plane.