PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Campbell Goes ZSA ZSA on Cop!

LASERRAY
11-24-2003, 08:47 PM
Country singer Glen Campbell has been arrested for investigation of extreme drunken driving and kneeing a police officer, authorities said.
Phoenix police Sgt. Randy Force said an accident involving a BMW and a Toyota Camry happened about 5 p.m. Monday at a Phoenix intersection.
Although no one was hurt, the driver of the BMW continued on, Force said.
A witness to the accident followed the car, called police on a cell phone and directed them to a residence in the Biltmore area, Force said.
"Officers contacted the driver of that BMW who was Glen Campbell," Force said. "Based on his appearance and demeanor, they believed he was intoxicated and took him into custody."
Campbell was taken to a police precinct and while being processed, Campbell struck a police sergeant in the upper thigh with his knee, Force said.
The police officer was not hurt, Force said.
Campbell has been booked into the Madison Street Jail on suspicion of extreme drunken driving, hit and run, and aggravated assault on a police officer, Force said.

PipesClean
11-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Who is Glen Cambell?

JetBoatRich
11-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by PipesClean
Who is Glen Cambell?
:rolleyes: Really need to know:rolleyes:
http://www.glencampbellshow.com/images/legbox.jpg
http://www.glencampbellshow.com/images/g_b1.jpg

Flying Tiger
11-24-2003, 09:21 PM
This guy Campbell has been all over the media talking up beating alcohol and drugs.
Hyppocryte.

Kilrtoy
11-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Thats because the cop wanted to give back his ex wife and glenn didnt want her

JetBoatRich
11-24-2003, 09:23 PM
During his 40 years in show business, Glen has released more than 70 albums. He has sold 45 million records and racked up 12 RIAA Gold albums, 4 Platinum albums and 1 Double-Platinum album. Of his 75 trips up the charts,
27 landed in the Top 10.
In the 1990s, Glen released a series of gospel albums, which opened up new vistas for the star and garnered a prestigious Dove Award. His tell-all autobiography, Rhinestone Cowboy, shot to the best-seller list when it was
released in 1994. He released The Glen Campbell Collection (1962-1989) in 1997 and a new Christmas album in 1999.
===================================

JetBoatRich
11-24-2003, 09:30 PM
He was not jut drunk, but extremely drunk:
Campbell was being held on suspicion of "extreme" drunken driving. Departmental policy prevents authorities from releasing the results of blood-alcohol tests, Force said, but extreme drunken driving applies when results are above .15. The legal limit for drivers in Arizona is .08.

LASERRAY
11-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
He was not jut drunk, but extremely drunk:
Campbell was being held on suspicion of "extreme" drunken driving. Departmental policy prevents authorities from releasing the results of blood-alcohol tests, Force said, but extreme drunken driving applies when results are above .15. The legal limit for drivers in Arizona is .08.
At least he didn't do something stupid like post pics of his sween on the web! ( Right Hoss?):confused: :confused: :D

sidewound
11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Glenn is also one of the most talented players around. I think he is proficiant on a t least 12 different string instruments.
If OJ can kill and MJ can be a punk why can't Glenn be drunk!
Another cop kneed in the junk, BIG DEAL! At least it was by a celebrity and the book will sell great for the unfortunate DICK!
They don't call'em dicks for nothin bro!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

LASERRAY
11-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sidewound
Glenn is also one of the most talented players around. I think he is proficiant on a t least 12 different string instruments.
Another cop kneed in the junk, BIG DEAL! At least it was by a celebrity and the book will sell great for the unfortunate DICK!
They don't call'em dicks for nothin bro!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR
That's a pretty ignorant perspective BRO!

Kilrtoy
11-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Damn LASERRAY he busted a rap on your ass,
yeah but ignorant towards the cops, Why did they arrest him , all he did was drive drunk and crash into someone and flee the scene.That is no reason to arrest him

LASERRAY
11-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Damn LASERRAY he busted a rap on your ass,
yeah but ignorant towards the cops, Why did they arrest him , all he did was drive drunk and crash into someone and flee the scene.That is no reason to arrest him
Word! Wass' wrong wit dat'!?!:confused: Sheeeeettt!!!

Rod-64
11-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
he must have been the rhinestone cop ,:D thats to bad we go every year to glens concerts:(
Be sure to go this year to help pay his lawyers.:D

CA Stu
11-25-2003, 12:04 AM
By the look of that ****ed up hair, the cop can be thankful Glen didn't head butt him. :D
CA Stu

Moomawnster
11-25-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by CA Stu
By the look of that ****ed up hair, the cop can be thankful Glen didn't head butt him. :D
CA Stu
I assure you that is OLD hair , I doubt he's 20 in that pic and he's Got to be over 60 now ...........:eek:

Flying Tiger
11-25-2003, 03:45 AM
I had a in law that recently ran from the cops in Arizona, went the wrong way on the highway for miles in a high speed police chase, resisted arrest, extreme DUI, assaulted the cops, ect ect, and was outta jail & home the next day.
Never did another day of time, hardly paid any fine, only appeared in court for about 20 minutes and this incident doesn't appear on his Calif driver record.
I don't associate with the A Hole, never have, but I think Arizona has too look a little closer at how it deals with guys like this.
If you are ever a victum from this kind of behavior, you have to put a fire under the DA's ass constantly to get any justice. Show up in court, make your presence known at the DA's office,, let the DA know you and others especially, care that the criminal gets procecuted.
Otherwise, they walk.
-Ross
AKA TPC

vdrivenman
11-25-2003, 04:17 AM
Sidewound,
I take OFFENSE to your remarks about kneeing the police officer and him being a dick.
Anyone assaulting anyone is wrong.
Assaulting a police officer is stupid in any shape, form , or fashion.
It may be OK in AZ but in TEXAS, Mr. Galveston would have gotten a good pepper spraying and a tune-up, then next time he'd have something to think about before he pulled that kinda B/S.
No respect or regard for other human beings and no consequences for their actions is the problem.
Do you condone this type of activity ?

Seadog
11-25-2003, 06:12 AM
Glen Campbell also was a regular on the Smothers Brothers show and had his own variety show. He was also an actor, most noticably as the Texas ranger on True Grit opposite John Wayne.
He is a nice guy, but drugs and alcohol are his enemies. There is no excuse for what he did, but it goes to show you how much addiction can ruin a person.

Jungle Boy
11-25-2003, 06:22 AM
Don't forget he got bust Tanya Tucker's cherry wheh she was just a kid (almost). That alone makes him a good guy in my books!:D

Moomawnster
11-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Don't forget he got bust Tanya Tucker's cherry wheh she was just a kid (almost). That alone makes him a good guy in my books!:D
HehHeh ...... Yeah , that was why he's smiling in the "hair"pic !;)

Keithb87
11-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Like A Rhinestone cow boy....
Gettin cards and letters from people I don't even know.
and offers comin over the phone. :D :D :D
If he's convicted of DUI, he'll be lookin for Letters in Florence. :D
and lookin over his Shoulder in the Shower.:eek: :eek:

Kurtis500
11-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Hmmm.. this is sad as well as interesting. I personally went to the same church as Glenn Campbell for many many years. I have met him LOTS of times and been to his place (old Arcadia home) as a kid with my parents for Christmas parties. I've heard him sing many many times and the guy has some real talent. I havent seen him in years and wondered how he was doing...well I see now. I really feel for Kim and the kids. If he had his drunk on at 5pm theres no doubt he has been involved with the alcohol again before the incident. I'm sure Kim is well aware of this and was trying to keep it under wraps as well as fix the problem somehow. I feel for her after this huge embarassment she is going through and can just imagine the look on her face after what he did no that this is out. She is absolutely the nicest person you could meet. I didnt see the video of him at the jail yet but heard he was making a real fool out of himself. As a fireman for more than 12 years in the city of Phoenix and surrounding areas, what Glenn pulled off was no joke. If he couldnt have seen the car he hit because he was so drunk, theres no way for him to have seen a pedestrian. He is very lucky on that account. Seriously or fataly injuring someone because you were drunk is the very reason the laws are so tough. Glenn should not be exempt from these in any way. On top of this, assaulting a police officer (or fireman) is a felony assault. I have been personally assaulted on the job by people and each one recieved a worse beating in return. Two of them to this day havent forgot it, I can promise you that as well as it was deserved..(one had a weapon). With Glenn assaulting the guy he invited a can kickin but the cop took the high road.
I think what this really reveals is the addictive nature of alcohol and drugs. In this case alcohol. You dont have to drink it everyday after you sober up, but its still there, and down the road you may go back to it. A good lesson to not even get involved in the first place.

rrrr
11-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Ol' Glen wasn't just drunk.... he was on a NICK NOLTE bender!!! :eek: :eek:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cpress/20031125/lthumb.e112511a.jpg

LASERRAY
11-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
Ol' Glen wasn't just drunk.... he was on a NICK NOLTE bender!!! :eek: :eek:
Dude, Nice MUG! What happened to the Bowl Cut?:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

phebus
11-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
It looks like after getting kneed, the cop gave Glen a wood shampoo with his nite stick!! :D :D I hope so, he deserved it. Was it a Hot Boat member that turned him in? Oh, wait, wrong thread.

Dr. Eagle
11-25-2003, 06:28 PM
How far the mighty have fallen.......:(

Flying Tiger
11-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
MAN, thats to bad ,he really puts on a killer show,he always jokes about the glass of water on stage ,he takes a big pull and says ,its vodka,:D no its water ,he plays the bag pipes at his shows , he plays amazing grace
He came to a Mark And Brian stage show once and really played the Bagpipes. Some really cool tunes. Never heard the pipes played so cool since.
After an interview on the Biography channel, I really believed that the drugs and booze were behind him. He swore it was.
Well,, there you have it,,

JetBoatRich
11-25-2003, 06:46 PM
They all go to the same place:
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/05/06/20031125121009990001
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/06/05/20031125161309990001

JetBoatRich
11-25-2003, 06:50 PM
How about a few more from famous arrest:
Wyonna Judd DUI
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/08/04/20031125121209990023
This is an old one, but still nice shot
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/05/04/20031125120709990001
Hugh Needed a date
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0d/05/20031125120809990001

Kilrtoy
11-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Amazing what make up does for these losers

moneypit
11-25-2003, 09:05 PM
I was told this morning by one of my patients whos a police officer that Glen Campbell messed up. Its the Kings X when a DUI get to his own home. He said that when a DUI goes home, that all that person has to do is answer the door drinking beer... and say that he has been home all day drinking. It will throw out the DUI. He still would have to explain the Hit and Run. But it would throw a monkeys wrench in the Intoxication part.

JetBoatRich
11-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by moneypit
I was told this morning by one of my patients whos a police officer that Glen Campbell messed up. Its the Kings X when a DUI get to his own home. He said that when a DUI goes home, that all that person has to do is answer the door drinking beer... and say that he has been home all day drinking. It will throw out the DUI. He still would have to explain the Hit and Run. But it would throw a monkeys wrench in the Intoxication part.
If you are as drunk as he was, probably could not answer that question without taking it serious.
I heard that is not true, if someone places him in the car or scene he is the driver? Plenty of people on the boards that can give the correct answer.

LASERRAY
11-25-2003, 09:27 PM
I guess that it took him about 25 years to go from the Bowl- Cut to the Combover. Nice look! VEEEERRRYYYY Chic!:eek!:

LASERRAY
11-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Dude, Nice MUG! What happened to the Bowl Cut?:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
I haven't seen a hairstyle that FRESH since.......................Um.................... ................................OH, I don't Know..............................Uh,............. ........................................... I'm gonna have to go back Larry Storch on F-Troop.:D :D :D

Kilrtoy
11-26-2003, 12:28 AM
JBR,
you are right URBAN LEGEND

JetBoatRich
11-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
JBR,
you are right URBAN LEGEND
I had a friend (RIP from heart problems), who did that very thing. Hit a road sign and left the scene. Drove home and somebody followed him, called in his address and when the police showed up he was arrested. He said he was not driving, so it did not work.

sam pioske
11-26-2003, 08:13 AM
Meet Glen at the DFW airport a couple of weeks ago. He was very kind to the people who wanted to say hi or an autograph!! talked for an hour just seemed plain folk. I've done some things on the juice i would not want to repeat. Glad he did'nt hurt anybody wish him best in the situation.