PDA

View Full Version : What are your top Car Audio Equipment Brands?

rivercrazy
11-25-2003, 10:05 AM
And why they are the top of your list

mbrown2
11-25-2003, 10:09 AM
JL Audio....- Engineering....The same lead engineer that now designs their amps, back in the day used to design amps for PPI when they were the shit, and then when to Xtant to design some of their better stuff and now is at JL and was one of the leads on the RIPS stuff...pretty cool amps at all battery levels......and their subs have always been around the top of the game...
:D

jackpunx
11-25-2003, 10:12 AM
I have MBcord speakers in my truck (not sure if that is correctly spelled).. I asked my guy what the best was and he put them in.. I can’t make them distort.

rivercrazy
11-25-2003, 10:14 AM
JL is also near the top of my list.
Others I like are:
*Phoenix Gold
*JL Audio
*Infinity (Subs and speakers)
*JBL (GTi Subs & Speakers, Power & BPX Series Amps)
*MBQ (but I hope they dont go down hill after Rockford bought them)
*Focal (speakers)

mbrown2
11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Some other brands I like:
* Rockford - Good stuff for reasonable price
* Audiobahn - Same as above, and I have had good luck with them...also the cosmetics are kind of cool
* Boston Acoustics - Nice seperates
* CDT - Very good highlevel seperates...nice sound to them
* Eclipse - never had issues with their head units and changers..
* Sony - The best memory for the boating world..
* Diamond Audio - Make subs that hit all around...

ROZ
11-25-2003, 10:39 AM
Sherwood
Rockwood
Kraco
Sparkomatic
and my all time favorite, MECCA!
I like them because they offer the best sound quality available, especially if you have an unlimited buget!
Rock-on! :D

mbrown2
11-25-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
Sherwood
Rockwood
Kraco
Sparkomatic
and my all time favorite, MECCA!
I like them because they offer the best sound quality available, especially if you have an unlimited buget!
Rock-on! :D
I knew someone would come along and start dropping names with all of the Studio Quality Reference gear....name droppers...:D

rivercrazy
11-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Hey! You forgot
Funky Pup Subs cause I know you like da boom!
Roadgear
Jenson
Audiovox

ROZ
11-25-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Hey! You forgot
Funky Pup Subs cause I know you like da boom!
Roadgear
Jenson
Audiovox
I suppose I could have added Audiovox and Jenson, but that Funky pup and Roadgear stuff is fairly new and not proven just yet.... ;) :D

Cheap Thrills
11-25-2003, 10:54 AM
for loud speakers
1-Cerwin Vega (reputation for having the loudest speakers) highest SPL per watt.
2-BABB (were the first to use aluminum cones were great for marine use.) not just weatherproof WATERPROOF !
http://www.babbspeakers.com/
3-JBL (need I say more)
head units
1-Nakamichi ( no explanation needed here)
2-Sound Stream( class A .)
Amplifiers
1-Proton (developers of power on demand )
2-Sound Stream (class A dual mono ) sounds so sweet once you own one you'll know why.
YOU GOTTA CHECK THESE THINGS OUT ! esp. this one
http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_amps_human.html
Processors
1-Audio Controll (developers of the Epicenter digital bass restoration processor , awesome piece !)
of course the B grade stuff is ok too .
most important piece of a sound system is the speakers ,
if they cant play it you cant hear it .
just my .02
C.T. :wink:

RiverRatMike
11-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Sony head unit MP30 - mp3, cdr, cdrw, XM compatible Player
Two Coustic 250 watt Amps
One Acoustic 900 watt rms 2 foot long amp (see through style)
4 Infinity 6 1/2 door speakers
One Coustic crossover
One 10" Bazooka Tube
One Sony XM receiver
One Sony Graphic EQ
My system in my El Camino cranks!!! Mostly like to stick with Sony products cause they are very reliable...

h2oski2fast
11-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Hifonics Gen X and Diamond Audio

ROZ
11-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Alight.....
Alpine F1 Status---everything
Alpine V-12 amps and R-type speakers
JL Audio amps, subs, and components
Zapco amps
ARC amps
Crown amps
Rainbow components
MB Quart QSD or PCE series components
Boston Z or Pro series components
Focal components
Adire subs
Why? Engineering, functionality, and I like the way the stuff sounds......
Kimber and Monster wiring
Basic processors(not inc F1 Status). I'd also use audio control, but if I were into SQ competition, I'd probably use a professional 2/3's rack mounted eq.....

Havasu Hangin'
11-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
for loud speakers
2-BABB (were the first to use aluminum cones were great for marine use.) not just weatherproof WATERPROOF !
I prefer my amps like my alcohol-
Crown.
PS- Those BABB's sound horrible. You want waterproof? Buy a can of Scotchguard.

ROZ
11-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Crown.
So you do bathroom construction as well?
RC?
:D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
11-25-2003, 11:49 AM
crown makes good amps too I didnt realise they made car audio .
I had a hard time deciding on amps when I put together my home studio Crown was at the top of the list along with QSC and Peavey , due to a few better specs and a little better price I went with a pair of QSC MX1500a
But since this thread was directed at Car audio I didnt mention any of the above . I'll check Crown out and see what they offer in car audio .
Peace bro

Havasu Hangin'
11-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
So you do bathroom construction as well?
Is there Zapco alcohol? I forgot that...
crown makes good amps too I didnt realise they made car audio...
I'll take two (http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0205cae_crown/), please...

Cheap Thrills
11-25-2003, 11:57 AM
I'll take two (http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0205cae_crown/), please...
Holey sheiat dude !!! 6,000 watts rms (root mean square)
adverage power , just a wee bit .
LOL
does it come with it's own reactor to generate enough current to run the thing ? Holey Cow :D

ROZ
11-25-2003, 11:58 AM
I was referring to RC, a bottle of Crown, a gallon of paint,and a bathroom .....
Did you ever get it done RC?:D

Havasu Hangin'
11-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
I was referring to RC, a bottle of Crown, a gallon of paint,and a bathroom .....
Yeah...I got it. I made a lame attempt at working in Zapco to my alcohol reference.
I like my MBcord speakers, too.
PS- I don't do bathrooms...

Cheap Thrills
11-25-2003, 12:51 PM
yeh MBcord is the shiznit :D
by the way how many cords in a gallon ?

rivercrazy
11-25-2003, 01:02 PM
LOL!
The Crown stuff kept me from finishing the bathroom. So you can see, its all good. It just still needs a coat of paint!
Jeff - check you AOL email...
I had a chance to hear the new Crown 6000W amp push some of the new JBL GTi Subs a few months back in an SPL rig. My ears are still ringing.... And I heard a few of the JBL GTi 12 inch subs pushed by a BPX2200 in sealed enclosures. To date, they were the best sounding subs I've heard.

Cheap Thrills
11-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Crown.
PS- Those BABB's sound horrible. You want waterproof? Buy a can of Scotchguard.
maybe you should have hooked them up to your crown amp
after reading the article on the link you posted the amp is going to sport the JBL name , so I guess you'll have to wait until Crown tags one of their own to get a Crown amp for your tub .
Scotch guard wont make em waterproof just water resistant it'll wear off in time and there you'll be with a soggy cone you think the babbs sound bad try listening to a speaker with a cone like a soggy corn flake .
:p

Havasu Hangin'
11-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Scotch guard wont make em waterproof just water resistant it'll wear off in time and there you'll be with a soggy cone you think the babbs sound bad try listening to a speaker with a cone like a soggy corn flake...
Well...I'm not sure how you good ole boys in da swamp treat yer boats (with the big fan on back)...but here in Cali, we don't sink our boats on a regular basis. Water resistant works just fine...the only time mine get wet is when someone spills a beer on them.
Save yer confederate money...buy a can of Scotchguard and stop sinking yer airboat.
My friend had those Babbs in his DCB. Dang, boy...those speakers must sound better underwater, cuz they suck in dry air. 10" full range? What the hell were they thinking?
RC- I'll check tonight.

beyondhelpin
11-25-2003, 01:35 PM
MB Quartz 6.5 Separates
JL subs
Alpine Amps
Tried to use Road-master but Walmart quit carrying their brand.:D

Cheap Thrills
11-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Well...I'm not sure how you good ole boys in da swamp treat yer boats (with the big fan on back)...but here in Cali, we don't sink our boats on a regular basis. Water resistant works just fine...the only time mine get wet is when someone spills a beer on them.
Save yer confederate money...buy a can of Scotchguard and stop sinking yer airboat.
My friend had those Babbs in his DCB. Dang, boy...those speakers must sound better underwater, cuz they suck in dry air. 10" full range? What the hell were they thinking?
RC- I'll check tonight.
Oh shit your killin me :D
Thats funny :p
as far as how they treat them in the swamp I wouldnt know as you can see from the view out my back door we dont have much swamp land round these parts http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127back_yard-med.JPG

1stepcloser
11-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Concord.
Phase linear.
Sherwood.

BADBLOWN572
11-25-2003, 02:39 PM
For amps definitely Zapco
For components either Focal or Diamond Audio
For head units Eclipse
For caps Phat Noiz
Never had any problems with any of those companies. Clear sounding and rock hard!

likwidsukr
11-25-2003, 08:46 PM
RC- I'll check tonight.
Damn there you go again you will never learn....DA..
We already know your a dumb.ss so why keep showing your ass your a little ways from San Francisco:mad:

Havasu Hangin'
11-25-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
Damn there you go again you will never learn...
Are you defending yer brother...er...husband again? (I forgot they can be the same thing in NC (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/44722/stripes06.wav))
PS- if'en you use both yer brain cells (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/44722/stripes10.wav)...you'll figger out we're messen around, Cletis (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/44722/stripes12.wav).

likwidsukr
11-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Like I said San fran Hangin ...I guess thats where u got the name.
DA

Cheap Thrills
11-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Oh great sound clips from the movie Stripes .
I dont thank he wuz taking up fer me I can take care uv muself
jest fine GOOD BUDDY !
kicker back yer turn .
:p

ROZ
11-26-2003, 12:43 AM
kicker back yer turn .
So you like square subs, do you? :D
Looks like someone is due some royalties ...

Cheap Thrills
11-26-2003, 01:17 AM
Ahhhh the ole Solo barric eh ? :D
I cant say if I like them or not , I havent had a chance to listen to any .
I knew once I got these Cerwin Vega Strokers there wouldnt be anything come close , talk about moving some air these Mo Fo s
jam and no I'm not pumpin darn rap muzak with these bad boys :rolleyes: ok maybey a little Morris Day and The Time , but thats as close to rap as it gets , :p Oh E Oh E OH Jungle love .

likwidsukr
11-26-2003, 05:49 AM
Damn CT 4:30 am?

Cheap Thrills
11-26-2003, 08:53 AM
yeh and I'm still going :D
C.T.:wink: