PDA

View Full Version : Billy B

Dragboat Dad
11-25-2003, 04:45 PM
or anyone else with some good advice I've got a question. I just bought a 2000 F-250 and it has water spots from hell. Luckily it's white, so they're hard to see, but I'd still like to get them off. I've tried just about every wax and paint cleaner available (3M hand glaze, Mcguires, Turtlewax paint restorer + vinegar & Kaboom) and nothing works. So far the only thing that's worked is wet sanding (I tried a very small spot with 1500 and they came right off). I am thinking about bring it to a professional, but I'm worried they'll leave swirl marks. Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone recommend a good shop in Thousand Oaks. By the way this is Ian, I had to use my dad's login because I haven't been able to log on since the changes

voodooCanoe
11-25-2003, 04:59 PM
go to a pro detail shop and see if the have a solution to remove water spots. I work at a dealership and the detail shop we use has a product made by Savage. It is a acid wash that is used to get water spots off aluminum. They delute it to about 20%
strength and it works great. Need to be sure as you put it on you are washing it off quickly. leave it on to long and it will discolor
the glass.

63stevens
11-25-2003, 05:08 PM
try using a clay bar. I know mother's car care has a kit.

Ratacole
11-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Ian,
Have you tried straight vinegar? I have had luck by soaking a rag in vinegar and letteig it sit on it for a few to soften it up. It worked great.

Fiat48
11-26-2003, 04:32 PM
I also think the clay bar deal might work. I know it's a miracle for tree sap. Mcguires makes a kit also.

BILLY.B
11-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Ian, your gonna have to have the truck professionaly detailed unless your good with a buffer. Seeing as the truck is white I would use a light compound with a foam polishing pad, not a cutting pad (polishing pad is more fogiveable and will remove less material). You rub the truck to get rid of the spots and then switch to a new pad and use a polishing compound, following with a good carnuba wax. By the time you get done buying all you'll need to do the job you'd been better off having a pro do it. Unless there way out of hand on there pricing. If so you can then call Bobby at the shop and he might do a mobile detail for you. Worth a try as he does do that also besides work at the shop.

Kindsvater Flat
11-30-2003, 05:47 PM
The Fanatic.....Wax on-Wax off?