PDA

View Full Version : Prop selection for my Warlock

RVR JUNKY
06-06-2001, 12:36 PM
Currently Im running a 27 pitch 3 blade on my 25' Warlock Euro, and I've been told I should be running a 4 blade. However, all the four blades that we have tried seem to bury the nose too much. With the prop selection I have now the boat runs in the 80 to 85mph range. My engine builder said I should try the new bravo four blade and I just wanted to get the opinion of some of my fellow hot boaters to see what would be the best combination for my boat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

slowride
06-14-2001, 03:00 AM
RVR JUNKY
My marlin hull may be similar to yours.
What year is your boat? What engine and
HP do you have? RPM with the 27 prop?
Is your speed reading GPS? Maybe we can
compare.
Thanks for any info.
slowride

RVR JUNKY
06-18-2001, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by slowride:
RVR JUNKY
My marlin hull may be similar to yours.
What year is your boat? What engine and
HP do you have? RPM with the 27 prop?
Is your speed reading GPS? Maybe we can
compare.
Thanks for any info.
slowride

RVR JUNKY
06-18-2001, 11:53 AM
I have a 94 25' Warlock Euro, the engine is a Blozdale built blown 502 running a single 1050 dominator carb. I estimate the horsepower between 575 to 625, and Im turning around 5400 rpm at around 82 to 85 mph.Let me know what you think? Thanks.

1warlock250
06-18-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by RVR JUNKY:
Currently Im running a 27 pitch 3 blade on my 25' Warlock Euro, and I've been told I should be running a 4 blade. However, all the four blades that we have tried seem to bury the nose too much. With the prop selection I have now the boat runs in the 80 to 85mph range. My engine builder said I should try the new bravo four blade and I just wanted to get the opinion of some of my fellow hot boaters to see what would be the best combination for my boat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1warlock250
06-18-2001, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by RVR JUNKY:
you need to try a new bravo 1 four blade I just got my new prop from york propellers its lab finished and works great. Not to mention they do the props for warlock and cole race boats ask for john york 1-714-773-5444 there in anaheim ca .

slowride
06-19-2001, 02:58 AM
RVR JUNKY
Those numbers are sweet to me. My marlin 240
cearo with a naturally aspirated 540 ci and
sternjack only hit 74 mph GPS. I estimate hp
at the prop at 510. Is your hull a 7ft. beam
with or without a pad? What is the weight
with gear,gas and people? I have tried the
28 bravo 1 four blade, but could not spin it
fast enough. Maybe you can with more hp.
Thanks slowride