PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ski Park City Utah?

Kurtis500
11-26-2003, 12:13 PM
How is it? We are looking into a Feb. flight to Salt Lake City then shuttle to the resort. Is the ski lifts in good proximity to the hotels? Good place for kids?

rivercrazy
11-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Its probably one of the better kids places for skiing.
I skied there a few times. But prefer little and big cottonwood canyon resorts. Give Solitude a shot. Its also pretty kid friendly.

HM
11-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Park City is great for Kids -can get really crowded.
Dear Valley is great for skiers only (no snowboarders:mad: )
Canyons is awesome for snow boarding, except for the pesky flats at the bottom.
all three of these are very close together - in Park City.
I actually like to stay in Salt Lake. Hotel rates are cheap, lots of restaraunts, and most of the ski areas are 30 - 60 minutes away!!

SoCal_fun
11-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Been to Brian Head, Utah :cool:
Real nice snow....heck of a lot better than what we have here in SoCal area.
Have fun!

JetBoatRich
11-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Been a while since we were there, love the ski resorts around there. Nice if you can get a condo near the lifts. You have a few places to ski all around the area, so make sure you try a couple places.

DogHouse
11-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Park City is fun, especially up top near Scotty's bowl. I really like Alta and Solitude, Alta for some of the terrain, and Solitude for, well, the solitude! Both places offer great powder skiing after a storm.
Sh!t, now I want to go skiing. If only I could talk my wife into a hall pass without the munchkins for a weekend...
:D

Keith E. Sayre
11-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Park City is exactly what I would look for. It's about a 45 minute
ride to SLC where the airport is. The city is small and quaint and
you can walk to most places. They have a zillion lifts and a
wide range of ski runs from helicopter to beginners. The kids
will love the "Payday" run which is the first lift on the far left
side of the complex and you can bomb it if you're early in the
am. The snow is light and fluffy and some of the best I've ever
seen. Park City gets my vote. As mentioned before, Deer Valley
is right up the street and very exclusive, but I'd rather ski Park
City. At night, try The Grub Steak (great steaks) and Main Street Pizza and Pasta (tell Rick that I sent you and he'll probably comp a bunch of your tab!)
It's an old mining town so there's lots of cool shops and places
to check out at night after skiing.
If you need any other info, please call me or email me.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

TCHB
11-26-2003, 08:21 PM
You can stay in Salt Lake and Ski Park City Canyon or the Alta Snowbird canyon. Park City the town has much more to do but the Alta side has better snow. The Canyons on the Park City side offer great packages for families. Deer Valley is ok and very groomed like a golf green. I think it is over rated and over priced.

HotHallet
12-01-2003, 11:04 AM
I have skied all Utah. Snowbird, Solitude, and Alta are great mountains. Alta was my favorite! Did not hit Park City when I was there but from what I hear it is awesome. If you are an experienced skier I would recommend Alta!

oboy
12-01-2003, 12:15 PM
May I suggest SnowBasin, but don't tell anybody else. Snowbasin hosted the downhill and super-g during the Olympics. I have skied at every resort in Utah and I keep coming back to Snowbasin (I usually get a seasons pass every year). They have tons varied terrain from easy groomed to steep back country. The new day lodges are nicer than anything at Deer valley or ParkCity and the food is great. If you like long lift lines and crowds make sure you stop at ParkCity and Alta, if you want tons of great skiing and short lift lines head to Snowbasin. Snowbasin is about 40 min North of SLC, and if you are staying in SLC it takes the same amount of time to get to Snowbasin as it dose to get to Alta, Snowbird or Brighton. They are on the web to at www.snowbasin.com