PDA

View Full Version : General Electric

HOSS
11-28-2003, 04:55 AM
I agree one hunderd percent with you RD, American goods just suck! My GE fridge went out. Bought it October the first. Freezer works but no fridge. No Thanksgiving left overs or anything else. Unless you count pickles and Lea&Perrins.
GE is supposedly the last American made household appliances. The US labor force just sucks. Everyone is just "attending" their jobs in hopes of getting hurt to sue! I`ll buy Japanese. It works. For a long time. Everything in my house as well as what was in my condo was GE. Always bought their products. We`ll see what happens.

Rexone
11-28-2003, 05:10 AM
Don't they make jet engines for aircraft too. :eek:
hopefully that group of workers is paying attention. :cool:

Backtanner
11-28-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Don't they make jet engines for aircraft too
Yeah, but ours seem to be more reliable than Hoss' refridge.
I love that GE commercial with the Wright flyer with the turbofan engine mounted to it.

HammerDown
11-28-2003, 06:02 AM
Hoss theres a 18+ year old GE Fridge in my kitchen...I'm sure not the most efficient running unit...but never needed service yet.
Rumor has it (consumer reports)...says Kenmore is one of the better brands now a days. Thats what will replace this ol GE...if it ever dies.:rolleyes:

sorry dog
11-28-2003, 06:12 AM
Hoss tell me this.
Would you rather your condom package say Made in USA or Made in China?

Jungle Boy
11-28-2003, 06:14 AM
I think it's sad that most of the electronics and other goods we all have in our homes are made some where other than North America. We wonder why the economy sucks and jobs are being lost? It's because there are more importing than exporting. Cheaper consumer goods are only good for the short term if we are losing dollar strength and the asians are gaining it.

HOSS
11-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Why on Earth would I want to clean coils on a brand new fridge without a spec of ****in` dust on it?
Tech can`t come out till Monday. Good ol Maytag in the garage.
Maytag is the cut above the rest.

1stepcloser
11-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by HOSS
Good ol Maytag in the garage.
Maytag is the cut above the rest.
I second that. We've had Maytag washer and dryer for 16 years, and other than one repair to the dryer, (ignitor coil went out 2 years ago) they have been flawless.
If they ever die, believe me, I will replace them with the same thing.
On the refrigerator thing, We have a Kenmore Elite, no problems at all, efficient, quiet.
Liked it so much, now the diswasher, stove and micowave/hood are all Kenmore Elite.
G.E. is too overpriced.

HOSS
11-28-2003, 07:53 AM
We looked at those but the handles looked cheap. The handles on the GE are Stainless formed tubing. Looks Industrial, performs generic.

likwidsukr
11-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Don't they make jet engines for aircraft too. :eek:
hopefully that group of workers is paying attention. :cool:
Not to mention some very important pieces for submarine!!

HOSS
11-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Hopefully the Navy doesn`t have any probs. If they do I sure hope the tech can make it before Monday. `Cause it be gettin` cold in a sub at the bottom.

LASERRAY
11-28-2003, 08:32 AM
I agree with you Hoss, G.E. SUCKS!!!! I will not install G.E. motors at my work (HVAC) because they are really cheap, and they don't/won't last. I'll only install Marathon, A.O. Smith, or Emerson in that order.

FasterPussyCat
11-28-2003, 08:57 AM
poor HOSS first he has a problem with his doughboy pool with drainage runnin into it and next its his ge refer takes a dump.
they say bad things come in 3s so whats next ?
i sure hope your puter dont take a dump.:(

LASERRAY
11-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by FasterPussyCat
poor HOSS first he has a problem with his doughboy pool with drainage runnin into it and next its his ge refer takes a dump.
they say bad things come in 3s so whats next ?
i sure hope your puter dont take a dump.:(
Wait a minute, that is three! #1: Pool
#2: Refridgerator
#3: Broke dick:D

JetBoatRich
11-28-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Wait a minute, that is three! #1: Pool
#2: Refridgerator
#3: Broke dick:D
Beat me to that one:rolleyes:

HOSS
11-28-2003, 10:31 AM
**** YA`LL!:D

HOSS
11-28-2003, 10:35 AM
I also said my wife scraped a pole or something with the black car. Bad luck? Nah, just another day at the ranch. Come o 4:00. I want a beer.

LASERRAY
11-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Damn Hoss! Keep your eyes open for the locust.

HOSS
11-28-2003, 10:47 AM
GAYRAY! I just noticed your signature. I never realized the spelling with racecar. Must be all those cactus needles stuck in my outer sphincter.

LASERRAY
11-28-2003, 10:50 AM
It's pretty clever. Did you know that NASCAR backwards spells RACSAN? It's amazing. You try it.:)

HOSS
11-28-2003, 10:55 AM
OKAY!:)
MOM----------MOM
WOW---------WOW
I LIKE THIS GAME!:)

wsuwrhr
11-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Cheaper consumer goods are only good for the short term if we are losing dollar strength and the asians are gaining it.
I wish more people would think of this when they are buying the cheaper copy of an American made product. The long term will hurt us all.
Buy American made products wherever you can.
Brian

HOSS
11-28-2003, 10:56 AM
I agree and GE is the last American appliance co. I`m just pissed it died when it did.

RandyH
11-28-2003, 12:55 PM
I agree and GE is the last American appliance co. I`m just pissed it died when it did.
Maytag and Amana are both made here in Iowa. I know they have other factories around the globe but most items are made right here. I think Maytag owns Amana now also. Maytag is a public stock I think??
RandyH

HOSS
11-28-2003, 01:38 PM
RandyH, reading your signature also leads me to believe that one wouldn`t do stupid shit.:p

cc322
11-28-2003, 02:56 PM
We had a ge washer 3 years new and it went out. The service tech said ge was the worst from a service stand point. He recomended maytag ,whirlpool, kenmore which is maytag or whirlpool. I will never buy another ge.

likwidsukr
11-28-2003, 04:29 PM
RandyH, reading your signature also leads me to believe that one wouldn`t do stupid shit.:p
HOSS, Looking @ your avatar and reading this reply is killing me............LMFAO

beyondhelpin
11-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Whirlpool made here in good old Okiehoma! Put together by $5.00 per hour experienced craftsmen!

LASERRAY
11-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HOSS
[B]Why on Earth would I want to clean coils on a brand new fridge without a spec of ****in` dust on it?
hey hoss ,try this ,take it out side and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS,just trying to be help full;) :D :D :D ALMOST RIGHT. LET ME HELP YOU OUT: Hey Hoss, try this, take it outside and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, SIDEWAYS!:D :D :(

hislittleho
11-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
ALMOST RIGHT. LET ME HELP YOU OUT: Hey Hoss, try this, take it outside and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, SIDEWAYS!:D :D :(
No, .. lets get it right this time. Hey Hoss, try this, take it outside and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS until you blow up:D :D ;)

LASERRAY
11-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by hislittleho
No, .. lets get it right this time. Hey Hoss, try this, take it outside and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS until you blow up:D :D ;) Or until it works again!:eek:

HOSS
11-29-2003, 08:26 AM
OK, 3 different people? I don`t think so.
GAYRAY, you`ve finally rubbed off on me. I want your ass. Yeah thats right. More specifically your asshole.

LASERRAY
11-29-2003, 08:28 AM
OK, 3 different people? I don`t think so.
GAYRAY, you`ve finally rubbed off on me. I want your ass. Yeah thats right. More specifically your asshole. YYYYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAWWWWWWWW!

HOSS
11-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Later, this place is starting to suck!

LASERRAY
11-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Later, this place is starting to suck! :cry: :cry: :cry:
P.S. HOSS- Cowboys don't cry, they move on

MagicMtnDan
11-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by FasterPussyCat [/B]
Hey FPC, you might want to consider changing your Avatar. Everytime I see your posts I think they're from Titties & Beer.
http://w1.511.telia.com/~u51102888/anims/cartoon2/mous_anm.gif

Essex502
12-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Appliances made in the USA:
Whirlpool
GE
Maytag
Amana
Kelvinator
White Westinghouse
Thermador
Viking
Bosch (dishwashers -believe it or not in New Bern, NC)
KitchenAid
Wolf
Jenn-Air
Frigidaire
Did I miss anybody?

HammerDown
01-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Hey Hoss, what ever happened to your GE Fridge?
Another reason why I ask, is my brothers friend repairs all that stuff and he said GE has been giving alot of the service tech's headaches. GE's not what they once were...by no means.
My 18+ year GE fridge is still working fine...never needed any work. But I'm in the market for a new one. I was told Whirlpool is the strong runner and the Manufacture to get ...he gave me tips on how/what to look for as far as finding a Kenmore/Whirlpool Fridge or HotPoint.
More or less said stay away from Amana, GE, Frigidare...and Maytag isnt what they use to be either.
Kenmore's tag is on several of the above including the newer LG.
I'm on the hunt for Whirlpool, or Kenmore/Whirlpool.

Essex502
01-06-2004, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't hesitate buying an Amana frig. One of the bests built. Other than that maybe a Sub Zero or KitchenAid.

HOSS
01-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry, forgot about this thread.
The door was not adjusted properly. Home Depot`s guys deliverred and installed doors. GE is still where I will spend my money! US products are the only way.

HOSS
01-06-2004, 07:18 PM
I`ve learned to control my anger and I recant what I said about American workers. Hell I might just be one of them again.
I`m still an asshole, I just don`t drink anymore. This wagon is a hard ride. But at 36 I guess that last high scholl party had to end. I had fun.

Flying Tiger
01-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Hoss.
If it's a side by side I believe that GE has a free fix out on it.
Especially if you bought it new.
Call a GE dealer rep service, if they don't help you, then ya call a independant service center thats authorized by GE.
One or the other will be willing to do the work.
GE Refers with GE compressors aren't very good. GE refers with other brand compressors usually are better.
As a rule, they use other makers compressors on warranty replacement work.
Just my 2 cents worth from some GE experiences over the years.
Youre not the first I've heard with thsi problem, and all the others have got a free fix outta it.

Rexone
01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Congrats on the wagon Hoss.
We do have the before memories though :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/732r1hossav-2.jpg

Jordy
01-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Having dealt with GE in a professional side, in that through my work I handled all of the GE Energy division rentals in Arizona, I can honestly say that GE is the worst run company I have ever seen. By the time I was done dealing with them I pulled all of the GE light bulbs out of my house and threw them away and will go out of my way not to ever do business with GE again. They have so many factions and nobody in any place in that company know what anyone else there is doing. Having several large home builders as customers, they have echoed my thoughts (and Hoss' but if anyone points it out I'll deny it) in that new appliances delivered brand new out of the box don't work. More per capita new failures than any other product out there.
Goes back to the old joke and I'm kinda paraphrasing it but it seems to be true as it's happened in many different divisions:
Want to sell your company and make a fortune?
Sell it to GE.
Want to buy a company for pennies on the dollar?
Buy it back from GE.

78Eliminator
01-06-2004, 09:02 PM
I bought a GE washer 2 years ago that now sounds like I am having 6 point earthquake when it's on spin cycle. I was single most of those two years so that's not a whole lot of use to be falling apart already. The GE dish washer was already in the house. It has worked ok, but the the spring that helps the door up broke and I never did fix it, so it never got used any more. I went ahead and threw it away during my remodel.
I have a stove/oven combo from GE too. The oven worked really well, but the stove top always took about 50 clicks from the electronic starter to light the stove top flames.
That's all the GE info I have. That and the fact that I go through a million light bulbs when I use a drop light :D

NorCal Gameshow
01-07-2004, 07:12 AM
there's always a chance of getting a bad product from any company...
A few years back i took a tour of the G.E. refrig. assembly line. start out as a roll of metal and end up a working fridge on the other end...
The complex was huge.. i've driven through towns that were smaller. too bad they were only using a small part of it...
at that time they where making at least one of the kenmore models as well....

HOSS
01-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Congrats on the wagon Hoss.
We do have the before memories though :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/732r1hossav-2.jpg
ROFLMAO!:D