PDA

View Full Version : Allowance for your kids....

Mandelon
11-28-2003, 01:56 PM
How much do you give your kids?

Stupid Fast
11-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Anything she wants!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Elk Chaser
11-28-2003, 02:59 PM
No set amount here, we just give them what they need within reason when they want to do something and we also pay them occasionally for special chores that are not their regular chores. I never had an allowance growing up and I do not see any reason a kid should need one.

Mandelon
11-28-2003, 04:45 PM
That is what we are doing for now. My daughter is ahard worker and will help me with all kinds of chores and honey'do lists. My boy is unable to pay attention very long. Maybe lazy.
One of his ten year old friends gets $15.00 a week! I always let them know there is work to be done and I am happy to pay them for the help.

Kilrtoy
11-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Dont get any, But when the see y little wad of cash they take it, so it varies from week to wek....
Sometimes a buck sometimes 5
but they are 5 and 6 years old

Elk Chaser
11-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Granted our younger ones at 5 and 7 do not have real chores or get paid to do anything really, 9 is just getting started, 12 is learning not to be lazy and 14 does a good job.... if only she didn't have an attitude.
IMO It builds responsibility and character to pay them to do special chores, but it's just as important that they do regular chores to help out around the house (ranch).... Heck the parents don't get paid to do them and with 7 horses, 8 labs and the assorted other animals runnign around here there is plenty to do all the time.
My biggest problem is convincing the wife to make them do it until it's done right, she gets frustrated with them and does it herself.
on edit: I've just been told that the 5 year old is collecting change from the house and has been, apparently she is fairly well off.

JetBoatRich
11-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Allowance what's that:( my Kids get what they need, when they need it. When go beyond what is expected they may get kicked down a few bucks. My oldest gets to go with her friends to the movies or mall, she knows that, so does not ask for allowance. We had a similar conversation with her two nights ago and agreed she liked our way. She tried to compare it to what other parents did, after 30 minutes of discussion it was over.
We all live here together, so everyone should help out. Do they pay me or my wife when we do the chores around the house:eek:

Mrs Scuba
11-28-2003, 05:34 PM
My daughter is 8 and she gets to throw out the trash, and she gets $1/wk. She thinks she can by the world with it, so when we go shopping, we ask her to give us the money, pick her stuff and we pay the difference.

Infomaniac
11-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
How much do you give your kids?
1 dollar a week for every year old they are. They get a raise every year in addition to more responsibility.

sorry dog
11-28-2003, 07:39 PM
my allowance growing up was a liter of Evan Williams every Friday. :D

Mandelon
11-28-2003, 08:15 PM
My kids are 8 and 10, the boy is older. It doesn't seem right to pay him more, since his sister is way more helpful and courteous.
They haven't actually asked for an allowance yet, just wondered why they don't get one.. If they ain't smart enought to ask, I guess I won't offer yet..:D
I like the way it is now, if they do extra stuff they get some extra cabbage!!

Keithb87
11-28-2003, 08:20 PM
My ex gets 600 a month so she deals it out to them. :D :D
I think they get 20 / week each. :frown:

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-28-2003, 08:29 PM
i have a 10 year old boy and he gets 15.00 a week and my daughter who is 8 gets 10.00 a week.. they get to save it or spend it what ever they want.. most of the time they save it.. depending on what they want that week.. :D

phebus
11-29-2003, 01:02 PM
No matter how much you pay them, it's only a matter of time till you go to them and borrow money.

burbanite
11-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Keithb87
My ex gets 600 a month so she deals it out to them. :D :D
I think they get 20 / week each. :frown:
I pay $1800 for my two (16 and 17) plus about $300 additional for things outside of our agreement. I believe they get $20.00/week from their mother.
The eldest has a part time job so earns extra for herself, they both babysit as well. If they are with me I generally help them out with movie money, DVD rental etc.
They are involved in many extra curricular activities :cool: that add up to small fortunes... :rolleyes:
In my house effort = reward.

cal***boat
11-29-2003, 04:05 PM
My youngest boy who is 16 gets an allowance but to tell you the truth I really don't know how much he gets from good ole mom every week.
I'am sure he gets more then I do :rolleyes:
I deposit my check every two weeks and take out MY allowance and from there I have no idea who get what.
I do know that everyone is happy with what they get and all the work is done around house while I sit on my ass.
Can it get any better ?